Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You guys are correct that men wearing classic tailored clothing isn't a trend, because there has always been professionals that are required to wear such clothing. That is not a trend, that is a style of dress that has always been embraced.

Think about this though, 10 years ago if you walked into the Macy's suit department, you would think these are suits old dudes wear. They were baggy and unflattering. The menswear trend gave way to slim cut suits that appealed to a younger crowd. On IG you have parents dressing up their kids in 'dapper' clothing because that is the new trend and it gets them likes and recognition with fashion bloggers. You can walk into fast fashion stores in the mall that give you modern suiting options for

Last edited:
yall contradicting yourselves 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Without using the term menswear explain the thing that you guys are talking about that is a trend lol

The extremes.

Ridiculous tapered pants with super high rises. Crazy tie bars. Insane matchy pocket squares/skinny tie combos. Cheap plastic wingtips that are made acceptable because its the "style/look" you want. Clip on suspenders in funky color ways.

Please tell me when you want me to stop.

The extremes.

Ridiculous tapered pants with super high rises. Crazy tie bars. Insane matchy pocket squares/skinny tie combos. Cheap plastic wingtips that are made acceptable because its the "style/look" you want. Clip on suspenders in funky color ways.

Please tell me when you want me to stop.

oh okay i get it.

He should've tried something next level with a short-sleeved suit jacket. I like that they add a splash of color though. Somtimes you get tired of just seeing blue, white, gray, and brown.

i dont wanna sound elitist also, but all 7 of those fits posted are trash.

He should've tried something next level with a short-sleeved suit jacket. I like that they add a splash of color though. Somtimes you get tired of just seeing blue, white, gray, and brown.
I pulled all those pics from StyleForum, and you're right in that most fits over there contain those colors. I personally do enjoy adding some more color to fits once in a while, but in a more muted way. I'll try to find some pics from SF that have more color.

Care to elaborate?
mos def.

first pic- no explanation needed

pic 2- too matchy matchy, i cannot stand the same exact pattern on tie/ps combo

pic 3- shoulder/arm area ill fitting

pic 4- power suit fail. 

pic 5- i think its more so the dudes ugly face thats making me not like the fit so forget that.

pic 6- best of the bunch i just hate the tie

pic 7- i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate double breasted suit jackets.

Care to elaborate?
mos def.

pic 4- power suit fail. 

pic 5- i think its more so the dudes ugly face thats making me not like the fit so forget that.

pic 7- i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate double breasted suit jackets.
pic 4- power suit fail. I personally see no issue. Especially how this is "trash".

pic 5- i think its more so the dudes ugly face thats making me not like the fit so forget that. Pic of Ethan Desu when he was apart of The Armoury team, arguably one of the best put together haberdashers in the business. This fit is absolutely PERFECT.

pic 6- best of the bunch i just hate the tie So now its trash eh?

pic 7- i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate double breasted suit jackets. again, your disposition toward DB's makes this trash? Esosa is actually like 6'8" so to see how well fitting this jacket works on a larger fella is :pimp:

Last edited:

mos def.

pic 4- power suit fail. 

I agree with the first 3 pics. I hate that type of dress. Can't say I agree with the critiques on the last 4. The dude with the 'ugly face' is somewhat of a mens clothing celebrity - he was (is?) with the Armoury. Don't agree with the power suit being a fail. That guy (TimoTune) is one of my favorite posters on SF. I can't stop you from hating DB jackets, but he dresses with muted colors usually and is a solid dresser.

If you guys look up "SouthernStyle" or "Spoopoker" on SF/google images you can see guys who add a bit of flair to classic dress. Old school Spoopoker added pops of color and was outside of the SF norm. 

pic 4- power suit fail. I personally see no issue. Especially how this is "trash".

pic 5- i think its more so the dudes ugly face thats making me not like the fit so forget that. Pic of Ethan Desu when he was apart of The Armoury team, arguably one of the best put together haberdashers in the business. This fit is absolutely PERFECT.

pic 6- best of the bunch i just hate the tie So now its trash eh?

pic 7- i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate double breasted suit jackets. again, your disposition toward DB's makes this trash? Esosa is actually like 6'8" so to see how well fitting this jacket works on a larger fella is
pimp.gif
all in your feels smh

mos def.

pic 4- power suit fail. 

I agree with the first 3 pics. I hate that type of dress. Can't say I agree with the critiques on the last 4. The dude with the 'ugly face' is somewhat of a mens clothing celebrity - he was (is?) with the Armoury. Don't agree with the power suit being a fail. That guy (TimoTune) is one of my favorite posters on SF. I can't stop you from hating DB jackets, but he dresses with muted colors usually and is a solid dresser.

If you guys look up "SouthernStyle" or "Spoopoker" on SF/google images you can see guys who add a bit of flair to classic dress. Old school Spoopoker added pops of color and was outside of the SF norm. 
Ethan actually parted with The Armoury now but is working with one of the Ralph Lauren divisions. Doing really dope ish, I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom