Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What the hell j crew?!
How the hell you ain't see that hanging tho

Triple post my bad.

Brown belt and brown shoe rules ? Are there rules ? How close do the shades have to be ?

Menswear is most definitely a trend, and I agree that it's on its way out. Tailored clothing is so much more accessible to all people than it has been in the past. JT and his whole Suit & Tie song also helped with the hype. Everyone is into the whole #dapper thing especially with the comb-over hype. 

i dont understand this??
so if its on its way out whats next?
Disclaimer - When I say menswear is a trend, I don't mean classic menswear because there will always be people that wear it because of their profession.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's next. @wj4  is probably right about the luxe kicks being the next big thing. I keep seeing people wearing shirts with floral prints, I remember that's what was big when I was in 8th grade (1999-2000 or so). I think J. Crew did big things for the Menswear trend, especially by tapping into American Trad and giving it a youthful look with bright colored chinos and patterned dress shirts. If I'm not mistaken J. Crew isn't doing as well as they were doing a few years ago.

Disclaimer - When I say menswear is a trend, I don't mean classic menswear because there will always be people that wear it because of their profession.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's next. @wj4
 is probably right about the luxe kicks being the next big thing. I keep seeing people wearing shirts with floral prints, I remember that's what was big when I was in 8th grade (1999-2000 or so). I think J. Crew did big things for the Menswear trend, especially by tapping into American Trad and giving it a youthful look with bright colored chinos and patterned dress shirts. If I'm not mistaken J. Crew isn't doing as well as they were doing a few years ago.
J. Crew def did big things when they brought Mickey on from Gap.

No one knows what's next. Right now it's luxury streetwear. Cats rocking $2000 MA1 jackets with $1000 distressed jeans. The once existed urban wear has now been defunct since rappers no longer wear them and skipped to the top with upper echelon brands.

To be 100% honest, I currently give a F about what's in and what's on the way out. It's 100 degrees here in Dallas and I'm bumming it in shorts, a t shirt, and sneakers or espadrilles everyday.

To be 100% honest, I currently give a F about what's in and what's on the way out. It's 100 degrees here in Dallas and I'm bumming it in shorts, a t shirt, and sneakers or espadrilles everyday.
Roger that. I'm in tanks and shorts most of the time in the summer bumming around.

Being a biz minded person I stay in touch with trends for this reason. I still remember buffalo plaid was huge in fall of 2012 and disappeared quickly after the season ended. It's wild because I'm able to understand The Devil Wears Prada in a new light after I adapted that style of thinking :lol:

The fashion realm is so hard to be viable in. It's the only industry most VCs I know won't even mess with.

a breh is selling his collection. gonna use it for spending money on my honeymoon and maybe pay the remaining balance

i never wear them anyway.

shouts to queeze for letting me bug him on whatsapp about europe :lol:

a breh is selling his collection. gonna use it for spending money on my honeymoon and maybe pay the remaining balance

i never wear them anyway.

shouts to queeze for letting me bug him on whatsapp about europe :lol:

Wish I had a collection worth selling. Would have been offed a while ago.

All I buy are "worthless" GRs :pimp:

they are called the adidas boost blue.

they look comfy as hell, more fashion forward than the current ones imo.

You know how you stare at a ugly girl for a while because you can't believe how ugly and unique she looks. That's how I feel about these shoes, imo its so ugly that its actually :pimp:.

Definitely see where WIS is coming from.  

For a lot of us folks where the work environment requires professionalism, i think we'll always have that "Traditional" menswear in us. 

For the mainstream though, it was definitely a trend for these youngins to get dressed up to go to starbucks and pick up a coffee. 

Given that I work in the corporate world and am customer facing a lot, "Dressing Better" will always be something Im vested in.  

Was never into the "Menswear trend" to begin with.

I'm mainly in this thread for work attire :lol:

Other than that, it's a plain target v-neck with some raw selvedge jeans

Roger that. I'm in tanks and shorts most of the time in the summer bumming around.

Being a biz minded person I stay in touch with trends for this reason. I still remember buffalo plaid was huge in fall of 2012 and disappeared quickly after the season ended. It's wild because I'm able to understand The Devil Wears Prada in a new light after I adapted that style of thinking
laugh.gif

The fashion realm is so hard to be viable in. It's the only industry most VCs I know won't even mess with.
I remember this! I think I have like 3 different buffalo plaid shirts sitting in my closet. What bothers me is when my GF drops $$$$$$$ on all her trendy clothes and stops wearing them after one season. What doesn't help is one of her favorite online stores opened up in Dallas and they are so overpriced and it's low quality fast fashion crap. Girls will be girls doe

Yall thinking too damb hard about this.
Ain't you say you enjoy this type of talk? This is just the tip of the iceberg. We can talk about sourcing and labor too, boy boy.

I studied so many aspects of this field since 2012 when I wanted to launch my line.

Back
Top Bottom