Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nordstrom anniversary sale has some AE's for $257.90 before tax. black park aves, McAllister and strand both in walnut. hmm
Not worth it by any mean. The most I paid for a first quality AE was $200 directly from their WI warehouse and that was a mediocre deal at best.

Not worth it by any mean. The most I paid for a first quality AE was $200 directly from their WI warehouse and that was a mediocre deal at best.
the only pair I can never find a good price on is the walnut strand. Any ideas?

Wait for their second sales, which is even now underwhelming. A lot of us profited from 2 for $200, and even more when a member was working for AE.

I would look at other brands, like Meermin, which is my favorite for entry level shoes. Even their general line has closed channels. AE is not worth the money for what they are charging.

I'm looking for a shoe with a bow on it to wear with my tuxedo on my wedding day. Something like the Mr Grant flat. Any other suggestions? I also like the Paul Stuart version but they don't make it in a size 13. Thanks for the help in advance.

Wait for their second sales, which is even now underwhelming. A lot of us profited from 2 for $200, and even more when a member was working for AE.

I would look at other brands, like Meermin, which is my favorite for entry level shoes. Even their general line has closed channels. AE is not worth the money for what they are charging.
thanks for the advice. Will wait for something better

Last edited:
I'm looking for a shoe with a bow on it to wear with my tuxedo on my wedding day. Something like the Mr Grant flat. Any other suggestions? I also like the Paul Stuart version but they don't make it in a size 13. Thanks for the help in advance.

Man. Those are wild. Why don't you just go with sleek lasted wholecut or loafer? I'm not even sure how the bow will affect the draping of your pants unless you wear high water.

Anyone comment on AS sizing? Looking to grab them dubmonks 8)

I haven't tried the double monks. But the jcrew Alfred Sargent captoe boots fit huge. I usually wear an 11 in all my shoes but i was able to sz down to a 10. Luckily my local store had 1 pair leftover. I already had an 11 on order. I will probably throw those on ebay.

That Queezedagawd influence
Future Hendrix, b.

I haven't tried the double monks. But the jcrew Alfred Sargent captoe boots fit huge. I usually wear an 11 in all my shoes but i was able to sz down to a 10. Luckily my local store had 1 pair leftover. I already had an 11 on order. I will probably throw those on ebay.
Probably UK sizing which is one size lower than US.

Man. Those are wild. Why don't you just go with sleek lasted wholecut or loafer? I'm not even sure how the bow will affect the draping of your pants unless you wear high water.

I really liked the wild factor haha. I also want something sleek and stylish though and of course comfortable. I was looking at the Hugo Boss Mellion...what suggestions do you have?

Tux will be a one button shawl collar, ivory bow tie and shirt

I really liked the wild factor haha. I also want something sleek and stylish though and of course comfortable. I was looking at the Hugo Boss Mellion...what suggestions do you have?

I don't like footwear from fashion houses. Mine are from traditional brands like Alden, Crockett and Jones, etc.

If I wanted to go wild I'd probably just rock Louboutin loafers :lol:

Last edited:

Stubbs and wootton

Stubbs and wootton

I was going to suggest the same. The plain black pair would work nicely.
No "wow" factor but they're clean and classic.

If you want a wilder option, the pair you posted would be ok but just personally not my style.
The bow looks a little sloppy and like stated earlier, your pants would have to be hemmed considerably high to not conflict with the ribbon(?)

Congratulations on the wedding!

minus that ridiculous bow and it's the same slipper

oh, and the bow joint looks nothing like a "shoe"

When is the last time AE had a seconds sale though? :x Let alone a 2 for $200.

Last edited:
They upped it to 2 for $250 then pretty much did away with it after that like 2 years or so ago. I remember they had a "sale" that was like 2 for $500 or something crazy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom