Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man you post the dopest pants. Them things always fit you perfect. 6.5 opening right?
I always buy J. Crew or Dockers Alphas and have my tailor touch them up to make sure they fit me perfectly. I mentioned in here before that I think if you can get the pants for $50 a pop and add $30 for tailoring, it's a good deal for well-fitting pants. For me it originated from being very particular about how my pants fit me and it's just become a habit to have them altered. 

- Brovsko

Appreciate the help wj4 wj4 and @sarteaga0408, probably going to go with a 7.5 (European sizes don't seem to come in widths, or at least on their website) since I've seen that the Ron last runs a bit on the wider side.

Stopped by a bigger BR today, some improvements. Their suits are half canvassed now with working buttons. Skinny jeans have 6.5" leg openings. Even has a worn wash with rips. Very aggressive for BR. The biggest gripe I have with them is they love zippers on knits :lol:

I don't know why they won't expand into double riders and bombers like J. Crew. Sales are underwhelming when you've been spoiled by J. Crew's.

wj4 wj4 and anyone else that recommended JCrew Bowery Slim.. do any of you guys own any denim from Jcrew in the 484 fit? Did you size the same ?or 484 chinos.. did you size the same in Bowery Slim?

wj4 wj4 and anyone else that recommended JCrew Bowery Slim.. do any of you guys own any denim from Jcrew in the 484 fit? Did you size the same ?or 484 chinos.. did you size the same in Bowery Slim?
Size them the same. But some of the new 484s are inconsistent now. I had to go up one size on a couple of the new 484 washes.

I highly recommend Bowery slim especially if you can get them on sale. Got 5 pairs over the last two weeks for $135 total. I don't have any 484s because my legs are too thick so I can't compare on that front. I'd say stick tts though.

Bowery Slim definitely has a looser fit than the 484s from my experience. 484 denim is the perfect fit for me. Trying to find dress pants right now that fit similarly. Not sure if it was just the pair I ordered, but I had a pair of wool Bowery Slim pants and the fit looked sloppy especially from the back view. Made my butt look weird.

Last edited:
Bowery Slim definitely has a looser fit than the 484s from my experience. 484 denim is the perfect fit for me. Trying to find dress pants right now that fit similarly. Not sure if it was just the pair I ordered, but I had a pair of wool Bowery Slim pants and the fit looked sloppy especially from the back view. Made my butt look weird.
Damn. I have pancake butt and they fit me fine.

You can't really compare the two really because the patterns are different. The 484s are low rise, where as the Bowery is a trouser with higher rise.

They do fit looser, I can feel that in the thighs going down, but the difference is so minute, you can't even tell the diff.

For reference: Bowery slim in 31: http://40.media.tumblr.com/87b873fd02beeec3eb1ad645149ad465/tumblr_njmbp7O5T51rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

484 in 31: http://40.media.tumblr.com/2341e0c2cdb25fd211120c0de2210c2b/tumblr_nkjiyk9C731rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Random but I'm really impressed with the quality of The Tie Bar's ties. I bought about six and have worn half and I'd be lying if I didn't say I expected less of them. I'm not a tie expert my any means though.

Their knit ties are absolute crap. Got threads pulling out on me with under 5 wears..

The two bowties I picked up from them are starting to fray on edges after only a handful of wears too but those are only pulled out on rare occasions anyway. :rolleyes

Best friend's wedding. Suits from Combat Gent, ties/pocket squares from Tie Bar.

Sup, my tie's too long.

I just squeezed into my pants.:lol:

Size them the same. But some of the new 484s are inconsistent now. I had to go up one size on a couple of the new 484 washes.

A lot of Jcrew sizing is inconsistent which I hate man.. Tons of 484 chinos that all fit different :lol:

I highly recommend Bowery slim especially if you can get them on sale. Got 5 pairs over the last two weeks for $135 total. I don't have any 484s because my legs are too thick so I can't compare on that front. I'd say stick tts though.

Bruh you gotta let the fam no next times there's a crazy sale like that :pimp:

Stopped by a bigger BR today, some improvements. Their suits are half canvassed now with working buttons. Skinny jeans have 6.5" leg openings. Even has a worn wash with rips. Very aggressive for BR. The biggest gripe I have with them is they love zippers on knits
laugh.gif

I don't know why they won't expand into double riders and bombers like J. Crew. Sales are underwhelming when you've been spoiled by J. Crew's.
They have double riders at BR?!

I liked the bomber they had at J. Crew but thought it was way overpriced

Alright so I am looking at this APC coat I am thinking of buying for the winter. The description says it's "woolen cloth". How is that different from wool?

Also anyone know the quality on Off-White?

Last edited:
A lot of Jcrew sizing is inconsistent which I hate man.. Tons of 484 chinos that all fit different :lol:
Bruh you gotta let the fam no next times there's a crazy sale like that :pimp:

Hahaha you just gotta check the sale everyday cause they add new sizes. Got lucky one day and found 4 online and 1 in stores. Most of the seasonal fabrics like cotton and linen go on sale throughout the summer, always be on the lookout especially when they have 40-60% off sale. Never hesitate to buy when reduced because they, in my experience, will price match pretty easily if they become cheaper within a couple weeks.

They have double riders at BR?!

I liked the bomber they had at J. Crew but thought it was way overpriced
No. I said they should.

I post deals on J. Crew all the time here including $10 shirts and $20-30 pants. Usually even post the style numbers. Real easy to order based off that.

Alright so I am looking at this APC coat I am thinking of buying for the winter. The description says it's "woolen cloth". How is that different from wool?

Also anyone know the quality on Off-White?
Off White is horrible quality at ungodly prices. I can't blame him though. Using Ye to get the money.

I guess it'll be cool for a couple more years like HBA.

Random but I'm really impressed with the quality of The Tie Bar's ties. I bought about six and have worn half and I'd be lying if I didn't say I expected less of them. I'm not a tie expert my any means though.

They're obviously not the highest quality but I've had good luck with mine. One snag on my bow tie, the regular silk and knit ties are all good after mult wears.

Best friend's wedding. Suits from Combat Gent, ties/pocket squares from Tie Bar.

Sup, my tie's too long.

I just squeezed into my pants.:lol:

:pimp: :pimp:

Young Dezi Arnaz

Is that a blue suit?
Yep, Navy. On the hottest day of the year.:lol:

Suit looks like it fits well. How's the quality?
Honestly, not bad at all. I don't expect it to last too long, though.:lol:

Feels good. Only had to get the pants hemmed 'cause the jacket fit like a glove. Tempted to cop every color. Can't beat the price.

Back
Top Bottom