Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'll have to try them out during the next sale then. Need more wool pants too. Placed an order from this Canadian brand I saw on SF called Spier and Mackay.

I'm still having trouble finding shirts that fit me well off the rack. If I could get the measurements right I'd go for MTM but after having four shirts made they've all been wrong.

Last edited:
I'll have to try them out during the next sale then. Need more wool pants too. Placed an order from this Canadian brand I saw on SF called Spier and Mackay.

I'm still having trouble finding shirts that fit me well off the rack. If I could get the measurements right I'd go for MTM but after having four shirts made they've all been wrong.

Who have you gone with?

Not sure what your build or price point is.

If you're a slim or skinny cat, J. Crew Ludlow slim is money. I take 31 with no tailoring needed at all. Epaulet is also great but pricier.

Budget minded I'd suggest J Crew Bowery pants. Just got a pair of the classic over the weekend and really like them. Especially at the price. They make a slim version as well but I haven't tried them

Uniqlo and Lands End cost a little less. The vintage chino from Uniqlo and tailored fit from Lands End, neither are exactly slim but they fit very well and the materials are nice for the price too.

Good looking out fellas.. I will check these all out.

Correct.
Depends on the size. You tender the transaction. They will email you in several days to let you know if in stock or not. If in stock, you pay and they ship within a couple days. You'll get them a week later. Do it. Super comfy. For $200 roughly it's a dope deal.

Put two pairs through today to use for work. Can't rock BR chukkas no more. There falling apart since having them since 2009.

How's the returns in the loafers?

Was just about to settle for some Jcrew Ludlow Loafers with the 30% off but they wouldn't allow me to stack the student discount (said system wouldn't allow it cause the 30% off is the whole store) so I'm rethinking it. They fit well though but if I get those I won't be able to try them on.

I need someone to point me in the direction of a nice pair of slim fitting slacks in Grey, Navy and Black. I know tailoring will be needed. Thanks.
I too recommend J.Crew Ludlow Bowery Slim. Decent quality worth the price if you grab them on sale. Tons of options color wise as usual with J.Crew products. Slim fit fits me really well and I have pretty large thigh to waist ratio lol

How's the returns in the loafers?

Was just about to settle for some Jcrew Ludlow Loafers with the 30% off but they wouldn't allow me to stack the student discount (said system wouldn't allow it cause the 30% off is the whole store) so I'm rethinking it. They fit well though but if I get those I won't be able to try them on.

what's the price of the J.Crew loafers?

Started my new job today and I really slacked off on this suit thing. It was irresponsible and sad.

Started my new job today and I really slacked off on this suit thing. It was irresponsible and sad.
such ashame as you are a regular poster in this thread

word to the wise fellas, don't put off something that you know is inevitable

Especially when I used to post deals like Ludlow suits for $250 :lol:

Don't do it. Spend the extra few dollars ($20 or so) and go the Meermin route.
For real.

You can return them but you're paying shipping back to Spain.

J. Crew branded shoes are meh. Wouldn't pay more than a bill for them.

What he said.

Especially when I used to post deals like Ludlow suits for $250
laugh.gif
Doubt this ever happens again right?

What he said.

It happens but you gotta act quick. I'm not shopping like I used to so I don't provide updates like this much anymore. Once that 40-50 percent off the lowest price is in gear, sizes usually fly off.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. How do they fit? Link?

I'm a 9.5 in my nike runners and have somewhat of a wide foot. My AEs are a 8E or 8.5 D.
I would say they're on the more narrow side. If you really wear E in American dress shoes then I'd advise going with 7.5E (note that E in Europe shoes are regular. They don't use D). Worst case is you using tongue pads if it's too big.

You can only stretch shoes out in length but not in width so I wouldn't risk it personally by going smaller.

What he said.

It happens but you gotta act quick. I'm not shopping like I used to so I don't provide updates like this much anymore. Once that 40-50 percent off the lowest price is in gear, sizes usually fly off.
I'll keep an eye out. As it stands right now, I may just need to take the L and not worry about finding deals. People there have more suits in rotation than I even thought about having 
mean.gif
, the interns have more suits than me 
mean.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom