Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Fair enough, the convenience plays a huge factor and you're right, it's not THAT inexpensive but I still wouldnt say piss poor. I read that like, damn it's not THAT bad.

Piss poor is H&M or that other place where you buy 1 suit and get 5 free (can think of the name) haha

I need to be in NY during the MAB sample sales you and Serg clean up at though!

Well, unfortunately I'm still team entry level boys. :/
Here's what I picked up from SuSu.

oh and jos. a bank actually gets AE to make shoes for em with their branding...sooooo :lol:

(some, not all models offered)

Fair enough, the convenience plays a huge factor and you're right, it's not THAT inexpensive but I still wouldnt say piss poor. I read that like, damn it's not THAT bad.

Piss poor is H&M or that other place where you buy 1 suit and get 5 free (can think of the name) haha

I need to be in NY during the MAB sample sales you and Serg clean up at though!
You said it...convenience factor. It's catch and play (minus waking up to needing 100 goons).

Most guys want to be GQ so they can get compliments from the ladies. They don't like shopping. They want to go into a shop and come out with stuff like MartianKid copped so they can call it a day. It gets hard to say, order shoes from this website, suit from that place, etc.

How do you know that guys shop to get compliment for the ladies?

How do you know that guys shop to get compliment for the ladies?
Is this a serious question or you trolling again? Most guys don't care about fashion, bro. That's why there are so many 'image consultants' out there or all in one shops. My friends would just go to Nordstrom once a year and purge $4-5k and get it done with. They couldn't care less if the shoes were cemented or goodyear welted.

A guy in a well fitting suit vs a guy in stacked denim and some Yeezy's. Get a group of ladies (note...ladies, not girls or thots) and see who the winner is.

Is this a serious question or you trolling again? Most guys don't care about fashion, bro. That's why there are so many 'image consultants' out there or all in one shops. My friends would just go to Nordstrom once a year and purge $4-5k and get it done with. They couldn't care less if the shoes were cemented or goodyear welted.

A guy in a well fitting suit vs a guy in stacked denim and some Yeezy's. Get a group of ladies (note...ladies, not girls or thots) and see who the winner is.

Funny you say that. I'm still in my yeezy, supreme, stacked denim phase. But I've been slowly transitioning to a more mature menswear look, but for two reasons.

The first reason, probably because I'm usually in a more professional environment, and secondly it gives me a huge confidence booster in the professional field. If it wasn't for this thread, I would just gotten a regular suit from Macy's, but now since I do look a lot younger for my age, a well mannered suit can say a lot for a first impression.

Its cliche as hell but clothes dont make the man.

You can be lame in some yeezys or a nice suit.

I wasn't trolling with that question.

I guess growing up I was always taught to take pride in myself, no matter if it was in a suit or jeans and t shirt.
I've always liked fashion whether menswear or street wear so it's never been a task. I get compliments from women but I don't seek their approval.

Its cliche as hell but clothes dont make the man.

You can be lame in some yeezys or a nice suit.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

First impression is everything.

Sayings contradict themselves all the time.

I wasn't trolling with that question.

I guess growing up I was always taught to take pride in myself, no matter if it was in a suit or jeans and t shirt.
I've always liked fashion whether menswear or street wear so it's never been a task. I get compliments from women but I don't seek their approval.

No doubt the best thing you can wear is self confidence. You're talking to a guy who had pink Foams and still have pink and yellow chinos :lol: I, too, am a fan of fashion as a whole...from the jump. From chopper suit a la Yohji to fitted ones.

I'm just saying women like it when a guy dresses a certain way. Guys know that, and guys who aren't into fashion want to go that route. I showed some of my female friends, including my girl, some of the outfits on SWD on SF just because I'm curious what they would think of this style of 'fashun'. The girls usually ask why those guys are so weird looking (pale, skinny, bad posture, etc) and why do they dress so badly and spend tons of money doing so in the process.

If I landed yeezy's, bet money I'd wear em with a suit |I
It doesn't look bad at all. When I was at the club last Friday night, saw an older dude rocking them with a gray suit and a t shirt. Pants had no break. Pretty clean set up.

Do you guys look at womens fashion?
Absolutely. My ex had the biggest issue with me looking at other girls for it too :lol:

They can absolutely do no wrong. From menswear inspired pieces, both fitted and loose to high/end to wearing actual garb from the men's dept. If the execution is clean, the outfit is a go. Of course if they have the right physique for it for the most part.

It's a lot more complex than men's for sure even the amount of accessories they have.

Yea i think its dope 8)

Its like Art + women and that whole putting things together to convey personality

I like stuff like this

The reason i ask is because theres always a stigma related yknow unless your kanye lol.

But yea wen i say im into fashion im into it all.

nocrossdress tho. U know watimsayin

Yea i think its dope 8)

Its like Art + women and that whole putting things together to convey personality

I like stuff like this

The reason i ask is because theres always a stigma related yknow unless your kanye lol.

But yea wen i say im into fashion im into it all.

nocrossdress tho. U know watimsayin
What stigma is this? Most of my fashion friends really dislike Kanye and his taste in fashion. I personally think he's done a lot for the culture but I was able to relate to him from the jump. He popped off when I was a freshman in college and when he was talking about stunting in Jordans and Technomarines, I could relate completely.

I was always a left brain type of person given I spent 8 years or so in school for a scientific field. Fashion led to art which led to interior design which led to other things like UX and concept perception. It's done a lot for me.

Someone launch a new challenge. Suit and sneakers or something.

Last edited:
any suggestions on where i should get some Hawaiian shirts at? I am going to cabo and want to rock them lol

If you have the extra money to blow even though you didn't get your 150 you should look at Marc Jacobs ,Ted Baker and even saint Laurent has some nice ones but if you're on a budget Penguin and J.Crew has a few.

Back
Top Bottom