Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Today:

Doc was right. My trousers are probably the same length as Adrian's jorts.

$13 J. Crew ocbd came in today. Length is great, covers 3/4 of the rear so it's gonna be worn untucked.

What would you guys suggest for a tuxedo for a wedding in Europe? I wanted to go Saint Laurent but the only local stores that carry SLP do the worst buys so no chance in hell of finding one locally. That, and I don't have $3k to drop on a tuxedo. Renting is out of the question. Indochino has some nice looking ones, but do I really want to wear Indochino in Europe?

Also, what are the rules for tuxedos and weddings? For whatever reason, I'm really feeling navy. Is that a faux pas?

Last edited:
If any of y'all are wearing boat shoes on land though better speak up now. I got some room on my block list...

Just got my second pair last week... and I can see getting two more pairs before next winter. You can't beat the comfort and traction man.

What would you guys suggest for a tuxedo for a wedding in Europe? I wanted to go Saint Laurent but the only local stores that carry SLP do the worst buys so no chance in hell of finding one locally. That, and I don't have $3k to drop on a tuxedo. Renting is out of the question. Indochino has some nice looking ones, but do I really want to wear Indochino in Europe?

Also, what are the rules for tuxedos and weddings? For whatever reason, I'm really feeling navy. Is that a faux pas?

I am not saying that I like/dislike indo. However, what does Europe have to do with wearing one of their garments?

Unless the wedding is at Savile Row (or those getting married went that route themselves) what difference does it make as long as your fit is on point? I'd recommend Suit Supply for a thrifty budget but if you won't do Indo, perhaps they are also beneath you.

As for rules, my uncle's getting married in October and I will be wearing my midnight navy DB tux. I do not foresee it being an issue.

Anyone have any recommendations on some fitted/slim interivew/work dress shirts? Preferrably in the $100 > range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :nthat:

depends on your body but even with the slimmest shirts that most off the rack brands offer, they're still not slim for me,

Kamakura is the closest i got to a decent dress shirt that's decently fitted

Really depends on you, to be honest.

I wear tuxedos all the time whenever I go to charity events, gala's and formal mixers. One of the things I've noticed is that there really isn't one particular way to wear a tuxedo. For the most part, you're free to do whatever you think looks best. It's also a good way to really show your "personality", if you get what I mean. I personally like white shirts w/o the black buttons and bow tie. Shawl or normal lapel looks great too.

I'm more of a simple and clean cut kind of guy. So, I'd wear something like this:

Tuxedo styling should avoid the following:

Notch Lapels
Pocket Flaps
Single Vents
2 Buttons (go 1 button unless you have a DB)
Belt Loops (side adjusters or buttons for braces should be used instead)

Back
Top Bottom