Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Speaking of UK, I ordered a 3rd pair of the Paul Smith chelsea boots. Black leather is permanent collection but I was lucky to find them on sale. Really digging the pairs I have (though I think I am going to dye the red to black or a darker red). but you need to have a really narrow hem to pull them off. I'm talking like 6" - 6.25" max.

You should keep those boots as is man, the red looks great

What would you guys suggest for a tuxedo for a wedding in Europe? I wanted to go Saint Laurent but the only local stores that carry SLP do the worst buys so no chance in hell of finding one locally. That, and I don't have $3k to drop on a tuxedo. Renting is out of the question. Indochino has some nice looking ones, but do I really want to wear Indochino in Europe?

Also, what are the rules for tuxedos and weddings? For whatever reason, I'm really feeling navy. Is that a faux pas?
I don't want to state the obvious but I would confirm that the wedding attire is appropriate for a tux, I've been to a number of weddings this year (albeit none in Europe) and they've all required a suit and not a tux; typically the tux is left for the groom and groomsmen.  

Last edited:
Wis, it seems like the fountain blue oxford from J. Crew is darker in person according from your picture compared to what they show on J. Crew's website... Can you confirm this or am I wrong?

Joints come in tan suede?

Basically searching for alternatives to the SLP boys, because i'm not RFX.

Yep - I wore mine today:

SLP's, I would think, are a much richer tan. These ones are kinda dull. Still dope though.

Flyknit, i got a 20% off info code good til Sunday. PM me if you bout it

Appreciate it but I won't be buying by then :smile:

Wis, it seems like the fountain blue oxford from J. Crew is darker in person according from your picture compared to what they show on J. Crew's website... Can you confirm this or am I wrong?
Yeah. It's more teal in person.

Best place for tapered or skinny khakis?/chinos?

J crew? Heard a friend say they have some khaki's with a real tapered fit.

lol @ SN

I don't like the Chelsea boots style. I can't seem to pull it off right.

Last edited:
DB bros please let me know what you think i should do to tailor this suit or if i should just return it.

here is what im thinking:

-sleeves are too long

-arm hole/sleeves too wide

-length of jacket might be too long?

-take in at the waist/chest a bit?

-shoulder fit is off?

Last edited:

DB bros please let me know what you think i should do to tailor this suit or if i should just return it.

here is what im thinking:

-sleeves are too long

-arm hole/sleeves too wide

-length of jacket might be too long?

-take in at the waist/chest a bit?

-shoulder fit is off?
Return it.

Can anyone reccomend any spread collar shirts that would go well with a 2.5" lapel? I might just end up back in J Crew.
Collar's don't have anything to do with lapel widths IMO.

You can look to BB Extra Slim Fit or Kamakura for off the rack option, but I personally would suggest MTM route. PM me if you want more details. If you follow my blog/IG, most of my shirts are custom at very good prices.

thanks guys. thought i had a steal when i bought this from banana republic for 75 (top) and 50 (bottom) but i guess its going back to the store
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom