Dressing Better Vol 2.0

can someone give me the scoop as to why michael kors is all of a sudden blownin up? dis du at one point was all over burlington coat fact stores

i dont like his stuff.. plus h00drats ruined it its gonna be coach status by years end.. **** is ALL over the place.. even all over mexico too.

The stuff is relatively affordable and still somewhat quality...women LOVE the bags and watches...Kors stock has been running wild, one of the few retailers that reported great earnings aside from Macys and Under Arrmour. Once it takes off more overseas it will only get bigger...taking all of Coach's shine

can someone give me the scoop as to why michael kors is all of a sudden blownin up? dis du at one point was all over burlington coat fact stores

It seemed like a lot of girls have bought their watches the past few years. A lot of gold colored watches on wrists. My sister got a watch and one of their wallets.

I think most would suggest Clarks Desert Boots. Good transition shoe.
I was thinking about them and I do somewhat like them. Any other suggestions? Don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but maybe something more unique, since I see them everywhere. 

any of you ever make any type of garment?

I want to make a varsity jacket, but I'm tring to figure out where to get the sleeves, neck, inside liner, and whatever stufing is inside the liner and outer layer of the jacket. Any tips?
It would be best if you have a fashion district. You need to draft a pattern first. For a one off, it may be an expensive project though certainly fun. You also need to figure who's going to make it. Labor in the USA will of course be pricier.

I was thinking about them and I do somewhat like them. Any other suggestions? Don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but maybe something more unique, since I see them everywhere. 

Are you down with shoes with broguing/medallions? A pair of those in suede are pretty versatile imo (can be dressed up or down).

I'm going to need some suggestions from you dressing better folk. 

So I'm looking to purchase some shoes that are both dressy, but casual enough to wear every day/with khakis. I want to wear something a little more formal than sneakers. 

Any suggestions? 

Desert boots aren't dressy. Look into longwings or bluchers/derby. You can get away with them casually and they look nice dressed up

exactly. a pair of double monks, or plain derbys straddle that spectrum much better. could be worn with a suit one day and shorts and a polo the next.

Just never wear shorts in general.

Those monks are a solid buy at that price. I like Nordstrom's 1901 brand

i agree though. i wouldnt wear a leather pair with shorts. but i could picture a suede pair with a brick sole like the one posted working similar to a pair of suede bucks

i agree though. i wouldnt wear a leather pair with shorts. but i could picture a suede pair with a brick sole like the one posted working similar to a pair of suede bucks
I've a pair of gucci doubles, that I wear with Bermuda style shorts, and suit socks... look great, but I do feel like i belong on the runway or something with that look :tongue:

that being said im in 100 degree summers in houston... :x

wis, whattup dude, been meaning to get back to you...big things on the horizon...lets catch up soon :smokin

Last edited:
I've a pair of gucci doubles, that I wear with Bermuda style shorts, and suit socks... look great, but I do feel like i belong on the runway or something with that look :tongue:

that being said im in 100 degree summers in houston... :x

wis, whattup dude, been meaning to get back to you...big things on the horizon...lets catch up soon :smokin
Dude, you're still alive!

I was in H-town a couple of weeks ago. May have to go to Point Comfort soon, but tired of traveling for now though.

I'm curious to know about your plans, man.

Ain't nothing wrong with the runway look. I'm planning on rocking my bluchers with dress socks and shorts, with tank tops this summer :lol: :pimp:

i dont like his stuff.. plus h00drats ruined it its gonna be coach status by years end.. **** is ALL over the place.. even all over mexico too.

The stuff is relatively affordable and still somewhat quality...women LOVE the bags and watches...Kors stock has been running wild, one of the few retailers that reported great earnings aside from Macys and Under Arrmour. Once it takes off more overseas it will only get bigger...taking all of Coach's shine

when i said "coach status" i meant played out and generally looked at like

Their watches aren't bad as mentioned but the all over print bags are wack IMO and the plain ones nothing special imo. I expect em to be around a few years but wane off. everyone has em.

Those just look bad, especially with blazers that fits too big.

Not many can pull it off, might just be Thom Browne himself who can do it and like stated before, on the runway only for the most part.

And when doing so, no socks > knee high socks.

nordstrom_mens_shop_daily_blog_CFDA_awards_2013_thom_browne.jpg

You also got to have the swag to run in a dress shirt and cardigan in your repertoire to pull it off.

Last edited:
Wild. The elites popped into my head when I first read it, but I wasn't expecting that. Homie even threw on the argyle socks to boot. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom