Dressing Better Vol 2.0

These are FLAMES. They will be mine.

slsgom.jpg

Last edited:
Roommate just dropped this bomb on me: "If I'm going to grace this school with my presence, I may as well look damn good while doing it."

:lol: He usually wears sweatpants/sweatshirt but today he had a peacoat/oxford on. I complimented him and he said that. Apologies, should have given some context. Definitely not an "elitist" type, just a funny guy.

Last edited:
What's the story on Suit Supply.  I am ready to pull the trigger on a suit, but I have only seen the website.  Quality, fit, value...?

I guess my sizing in sneakers compared to shoes does sound weird compared to you guys, kind of weird but the allen edmond boots fit perfectly in 11.5D and my sneakers are sz 11… my red wings are sz11 also and fit great (shrugs)

Fit for the day

RL chambray button shirt
RL Southwestern shawl
RRL Jeans
Red Wing moc toe in copper

and yea I'm the RL connect, only worth it doing orders of 5 items or more usually or expensive items, just a waste of my time when people want 2 golf shirts, anyone in need of assistance link me through PM.

Question: What type of jackets do you guys suggest wearing with a shawl neck sweater/cardigan etc, I always feel like the jackets I have look weird in the neck area with them.

Last edited:
I guess my sizing in sneakers compared to shoes does sound weird compared to you guys, kind of weird but the allen edmond boots fit perfectly in 11.5D and my sneakers are sz 11… my red wings are sz11 also and fit great (shrugs)

Fit for the day

RL chambray button shirt
RL Southwestern shawl
RRL Jeans
Red Wing moc toe in copper

and yea I'm the RL connect, only worth it doing orders of 5 items or more usually or expensive items, just a waste of my time when people want 2 golf shirts, anyone in need of assistance link me through PM.

Question: What type of jackets do you guys suggest wearing with a shawl neck sweater/cardigan etc, I always feel like the jackets I have look weird in the neck area with them.

Clean fit boss. I prefer my jeans more slim but that fit is dope. Huge fan of the sweater and you pulled off those copper boots very well! :pimp:

Still jealous that your pics are so clean :smh:

I'm in SoCal, so we don't layer, however aesthetically it seems difficult to layer a shawl collar.

Bwrestler: Thanks bro, I definitely could have went with a pair of slimmer fit jeans.. I lost 30 pounds in the past year or so, got a lot of my wardrobe tailored and still battle with sizes, actually dieting now, Atkins works pretty damn good for me, but it cost me a lot with all of those alterations. Its a canon t1i bro, not even worth $250 these days, had it for too long, its the flash that saves me

Iron man: But in NYC with cold of winter or even fall nights I need a jacket, I have a quilted Burberry jacket but when I put it on the collar in the back was looking all F'd up :smh:

Stupid question, but how do you prevent your oxfords from curling up at the bottom after you put them through the wash? I'm having this problem with all of mine and I'm not sure what to do short of sending them off the the cleaners to get pressed (which I'd rather not do).

hahahah yea sounds like you should just get a can of spray starch and iron your shirts in case you have the extra cash to let the dry cleaners press them all for you… not sure what type of washer you have but that doesn't happen to my shirts

You could wear a field coat.

I

literally anything.

ive worn mine with denim jackets, blazers, trenches, top coat, peacoat.

I'm tempted too, but going to hold off, not familiar with their sizing.

This one in particular...

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit.../P3294I.html?prefn1=size&start=9&prefv1=44|46

@Ghenges

Since I didn't see anyone give any advice/critique, I will provide my two cents. Seems like you shed some lb's and your clothes are a big tell. Everything about your outfit screams baggy. Which is ok if this was the 90's or if that is the look you are going for. You are in this thread so I'm assuming, you're not.

It's time to slim down your wardrobe and show off that physique that you've been working hard to attain. Dumping your entire wardrobe can be a tall order, but silver lining is you get to by a bunch of new **** that will look better. Trust me, it'll look a lot better.

Try to stay away from "Classic" or "Traditional" fits, go for "trim", "slim", "tailored", or if your body is ready "Extra Slim Fit". Dump the old frumpy Dockers and venture into their Alpha line, it's much slimmer and looks more... modern. That sweater makes you look a bit frumpy, it's not you it's the sweater.

Start trying on clothes before buying, yes it can be time consuming, but sizing is different and varies from vendor to vendor. It took me awhile, but i'm no longer the "grab and go" type.

As you drop weight, unfortunately the only things you can hold onto is shoes. Everything else will have to be dumped or tailored.

You didn't put together a bad outfit, despite the bad lighting. It's just a couple of sizes too big. Fitted clothing may be uncomfortable in the beginning, but once you get used to it, you will question why you didn't go that route sooner. Plus, fitted clothing is less forgiving (obviously), so if you stray from your workout regimen it will quickly remind you to get back in the gym. 8)

lol well I wasn't really looking for advice but I co-sign everything you say about the sizes. I've already started transforming the wardrobe. All my khakis right now are a full 2 waist sizes bigger, pleated classic fit (a couple are straight fit). I bought a few pairs from Dockers.com a few days ago Dockers D2 straight fit flat fronts. Shirt size went down 1 full size but I'm sticking with regular fit. Ring size went down 1.25 sizes.

The pic was a spur of the moment, bad lighting, old camera.

But yea, the better shape you are in the easier it is to find flattering clothes.

Back
Top Bottom