Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Double Monks?

Yes now will these look good with a black suit?

And where can I obtain a black pair for 100-200 dollars?

Yes now will these look good with a black suit?

And where can I obtain a black pair for 100-200 dollars?
i thought i saw a black pair of AE mora's online for $228 but i cant remember what web site...i thought it was Shoemart but it wasnt...sorry i cant remember

Last edited:
You can try calling the allen edmonds seconds factory store and see what monks are priced at and if they have your size/color…

Try AE's seconds list if you like that pair.

You may find some extremely traditional folks or otherwise than have more rigid guidelines and feel a certain way but I personally think they are fine with suits. At the same time, as much as I like the look of double monks, I don't know if I'd go that route if it's for a really formal setting if you have other options...only saying that if it's your reasoning for wearing black. They're far from casual but less formal than a cap or plain-toe oxford. Seems like they've gained popularity over the last few years too.

PS. Watch out for the black suit & shoes haters. Some don't have any place for black in their wardrobe. :nerd:

Has anyone ever tried Aether Apparel?  Their outer ware looks nice; technical without overdoing it and no logos on the chest (which i like in a coat/jacket)  I don't own anything, but their customer service was helpful when I was trying to figure out sizing. 

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried Aether Apparel?  Their outer ware looks nice; technical without overdoing it and no logos on the chest (which i like in a coat/jacket)  I don't own anything, but their customer service was helpful when I was trying to figure out sizing. 

Haven't tried them, but from their website their stuff looks really nice. My go-to brands for technical pieces are Eastern Mountain Sports and EG.

You can try calling the allen edmonds seconds factory store and see what monks are priced at and if they have your size/color…

Number to call? And can you guys help me with sizing. These are my current sizes.

Nikes- 9.5

Cole Hann Lunargrand Chukka -9

Clarks Desert Boot -8.5

Haven't tried them, but from their website their stuff looks really nice. My go-to brands for technical pieces are Eastern Mountain Sports and EG.
 yeah i was big on EMS when I lived in the city.  You can't beat it for the price absolutely.

Number to call? And can you guys help me with sizing. These are my current sizes.

Nikes- 9.5

Clarks Desert Boot -8.5

262-284-7185 and I buy my dress shoes a half size bigger than my true to size sneakers… most sneakers I'm size 11.. i got my daltons in 11.5, fit perfectly, hope that helped

262-284-7185 and I buy my dress shoes a half size bigger than my true to size sneakers… most sneakers I'm size 11.. i got my daltons in 11.5, fit perfectly, hope that helped

Thanks man.

I know this is REALLY random but I remember awhile back you where selling a pair of SB Lebron 8's. I belive they where a size 9.5, we settled on 197.00 shipped but I didn't have enought funds in my paypal to seal the deal. Everytime I see you post I'm like F......U....C....K :lol:

Nikes- 9.5

Clarks Desert Boot -8.5

You are probably the first person I have ever heard do that. Usually people go tts or half size down on dress shoes since there is less lining than sneakers.

Last edited:

I thought most people go down .5 - 1 for dress shoes/AE compared to sneakers? I'm a 9 in sneakers and my AE's are an 8.

hahahahah that is quite random, I apologize man, when it comes to business transactions I have very little compassion.. gift & curse. If you ever need anything from RL hit me up and I will be glad to assist you, only link I currently have. At that time I had a a couple nike accounts and was making about $100 off each pair, not knowing they would sell for 4 times as much down the line :smh:

You are probably the first person I have ever heard do that. Usually people go tts or half size down on dress shoes since there is less lining than sneakers.

Hmmm so what should I do? Don't think there are any stores around my way with that shoe so I can try them on.

hahahahah that is quite random, I apologize man, when it comes to business transactions I have very little compassion.. gift & curse. If you ever need anything from RL hit me up and I will be glad to assist you, only link I currently have. At that time I had a a couple nike accounts and was making about $100 off each pair, not knowing they would sell for 4 times as much down the line :smh:

Its all good man business is business.

Nikes- 9.5

Clarks Desert Boot -8.5

Same here. I wear an 11.5 in most Nikes (even some 12s but I have wide feet) and I wear an 11 or preferably an 11E in just about all of my dress shoes. 10.5 in in Lunargrand wingtips & Clark's Desert Boots and 11 i Lunargrand loafers.

I obviously wouldn't want tight & uncomfortable dress shoes but my feet slipping around in them is awful too. If they were so narrow that I felt I needed to size up, I wouldn't buy them.

Some nice stuff in that suit supply outlet. But no shopping for me for a bit. Any money that would have gone to that is going to typhoon relief back home in the Philippines.

Some nice stuff in that suit supply outlet. But no shopping for me for a bit. Any money that would have gone to that is going to typhoon relief back home in the Philippines.

I'm tempted too, but going to hold off, not familiar with their sizing.

This one in particular...

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit.../P3294I.html?prefn1=size&start=9&prefv1=44|46

@Ghenges

Since I didn't see anyone give any advice/critique, I will provide my two cents. Seems like you shed some lb's and your clothes are a big tell. Everything about your outfit screams baggy. Which is ok if this was the 90's or if that is the look you are going for. You are in this thread so I'm assuming, you're not.

It's time to slim down your wardrobe and show off that physique that you've been working hard to attain. Dumping your entire wardrobe can be a tall order, but silver lining is you get to by a bunch of new **** that will look better. Trust me, it'll look a lot better.

Try to stay away from "Classic" or "Traditional" fits, go for "trim", "slim", "tailored", or if your body is ready "Extra Slim Fit". Dump the old frumpy Dockers and venture into their Alpha line, it's much slimmer and looks more... modern. That sweater makes you look a bit frumpy, it's not you it's the sweater.

Start trying on clothes before buying, yes it can be time consuming, but sizing is different and varies from vendor to vendor. It took me awhile, but i'm no longer the "grab and go" type.

As you drop weight, unfortunately the only things you can hold onto is shoes. Everything else will have to be dumped or tailored.

You didn't put together a bad outfit, despite the bad lighting. It's just a couple of sizes too big. Fitted clothing may be uncomfortable in the beginning, but once you get used to it, you will question why you didn't go that route sooner. Plus, fitted clothing is less forgiving (obviously), so if you stray from your workout regimen it will quickly remind you to get back in the gym. 8)

Last edited:
 yeah i was big on EMS when I lived in the city.  You can't beat it for the price absolutely.

Their pieces look really great, too. At least for tech-wear that is. It's supposed to rain/snow here in CT tonight and tomorrow so I'm sure I'll break mine out. :smile:

Wait, you're the RL plug?!

How far, bros?

Back
Top Bottom