Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Someone asked a while back if tote bags can be rocked in a masculine manner. I think K from SF pulled it off well. This is something I would wear tomorrow, and probably going forward for the rest of my life. Another reason to love timeless style.

350x700px-LL-dc0ad6d6_002.jpeg

Dude, a month is nothing. It's going to be useful for years to come (assuming you retain your physique). It isn't a fast fashion item that you throw away at the end of the season.

Yeah when you put it that way it makes sense. Really depends on how long it is though, I want to be able to wear it this season and it seems like they're really backed up

I went through some old pictures and decided to post up a few. This was before I commanded a professional salary and couldn't afford the more $$ stuff. Pics are about 3 years old.

Levi's 511 chinos: $50. Jacks Purcell: $70

http://wisith.tumblr.com/image/32723805154

J. Crew shirt on sale for $30. Gap jacket on sale for about $50. Same Levi's 511 chinos as above. Martin and Osa belt on sale for $30 before they went out of business

http://wisith.tumblr.com/image/32723834848

Someone asked a while back if tote bags can be rocked in a masculine manner. I think K from SF pulled it off well. This is something I would wear tomorrow, and probably going forward for the rest of my life. Another reason to love timeless style.
350x700px-LL-dc0ad6d6_002.jpeg

This is probably one of the few dudes on SF that I can honestly say that I appreciate his wardrobe. He's one of the few from MC that I see actually dressing "down" by SF standards but is always very well put together and wearing things that like you said Wis I would wear on any given day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the suits, slacks, dress shirts, ties, blazers, etc. but I also enjoy throwing some jeans on and dressing that up as well and K does that well.

I went through some old pictures and decided to post up a few. This was before I commanded a professional salary and couldn't afford the more $$ stuff. Pics are about 3 years old.
J. Crew shirt on sale for $30. Gap jacket on sale for about $50. Same Levi's 511 chinos as above. Martin and Osa belt on sale for $30 before they went out of business

Even then, I think your outfits fitted you well and if it wasn't for otherwise you stating that it was prior to your professional salary days, I think it would have most of us, if not all of us fooled. It also shows how when things fit properly how it can make a pair of $50 pants look like a pair of $150 pants.

What do I want to add though is that you don't need money to dress well, especially for all the younger dudes in here who are still in school or just out of school. I know Wis would agree with me on this as well, granted Wis and I aren't "older" guys, as we're both the same age. Yea my salary has granted me the ability to afford nicer things but I still make my way to sales racks all the time, what can I say I'm always on the look out for a great bargain. My splurges are primarily suits and now more than not custom shirting due to my neck size.

You guys ever shop for your girl?
I want to buy her a nice clutch, coat, or bracelet this Christmas.

Not my girl, I do shop for my 10yr old daughter. She can easily pass for 16. She's the youngest of her cousins so she has 18 yr old taste. SMH.

Needless to say she is the flyest girl at her school, due to dad.

Last edited:
Not my girl, I do shop for my 10yr old daughter. She can easily pass for 16. She's the youngest of her cousins so she has 18 yr old taste. SMH.

Repped for visual contributions via avatar.

Ah man I'd cry myself to sleep every night if my 10 year old could pass for 16 :lol:

Only sometimes when I see pieces that I really like and know she would wear it. Female fashion is a completely different beast that I'm not learned in though. Also, my girl's taste is super $$$. Makes me look like I shop at H&M and thrift stores :lol:

I agree with Sarteaga's take on this, if you never told me the prices I'd think this was the similar type of more luxury brands you wear occasionally now that you can afford it :smokin Still it emphasizes that fit is the most important thing, and it can make affordable items seem more high end

I have a boot question. 

I'm looking for a tall pair of leather boots this winter and would prefer them to be somewhat rugged, with straps and/or buckles.

I've set my sights on a pair of Vintage Boots, specifically the Isaac in grey suede... The link below is the picture (sorry, can't embed on my phone)

http://www.shoeline.com/images/image.asp?pixels=300&brand=Vintage&stock=V01422

My questions are this.... 

- Has anyone had experience with Vintage before? Are they a good, quality, durable brand? (I'm looking for this pair to last me for quite a while)

- Are there cheaper and/or better alternatives? The price tag is $350, and I've never bought a boot like this before, or spent the money. If I need to be educated, someone please drop some knowledge. 

I live in NYC so if there are shops or stores around that would have a good selection, I'd love to hear some ideas. 

If someone takes the time to respond to this, thank you in advance. 

Yes, and from my experience women enjoy experiences more so than items. However, depending on your budget you usually' can't go wrong with a clutch, a bag or shoes either. If you don't mind me asking what is your budget? Also look into Gilt and Groupon and getting your girl some type of experience at the spa. Just bought one for $25 on GiltCity here in NYC for an hour deep tissue massage for my wife, for her birthday coming up in 2 weeks.

Only sometimes when I see pieces that I really like and know she would wear it. Female fashion is a completely different beast that I'm not learned in though. Also, my girl's taste is super $$$. Makes me look like I shop at H&M and thrift stores :lol:

Isn't this the truth lol. My wife loves the luxury brands, loves them! Usually she's pretty happy with a pair of Christian Louboutin's. For our anniversary I got her a pair of Jimmy Choo's and a few weeks back I got her some Lanvin's just because. Thankfully this time for birthday she just wants a black leather bag from Michael Kors, still pricey but not Gucci pricey lol.

very nice, I'm really loving the DW watch. very clean design, witch is modern yet conservative.

My sentiments exactly. The way the rose gold looks with the nato strap is really appealing to me too. There are so many things working together on the design.

It doesn't hurt that the price is very budget-friendly. It's in my shopping cart right now, just gonna give it a few days to see if I really really want it.

for some reason, I cant seem to find any solid black varsity jackets. anyone know where I can find one? all of them always have a gray or white stripe somewhere on the collar or on the wrist.

for some reason, I cant seem to find any solid black varsity jackets. anyone know where I can find one? all of them always have a gray or white stripe somewhere on the collar or on the wrist.

This is on the cheaper end but I know the Nike destroyer jacket is pretty much all black if I remember, just has an emblem on the chest area

Back
Top Bottom