Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The Gap at the Grove in Los Angeles has a very healthy selection of the GQ collabs if anyone is nearby and interested. Also good to see they're opening a J. Crew Men's there.

I haven't been to the Grove in so long...
They usually have a great selection though.

Perfecto or Cafe Racer? Or does anyone know of any other leathers around 600

Have you tried on Schott? I rarely see it fit well or flattering.

I'd honestly pick the cafe racer style since it is a bit of a safer choice. The perfecto, especifially the one pictured, looks very rugged and biker-ish. I think it is best if you are actually rode a motorcycle, if you just want that look then I suggest something that is more "stylized". I just think that one is harder to pull off than something that isn't specifically designed to be worn when riding.

See that's the thing, I want the perfecto but I can't find any to try them on and a lot of them look like it'll be a pretty boxy fit.
I wouldn't mind the TOJ rider but isn't there a huge wait for it?

See that's the thing, I want the perfecto but I can't find any to try them on and a lot of them look like it'll be a pretty boxy fit.

I wouldn't mind the TOJ rider but isn't there a huge wait for it?

Not sure how long the wait for it at the moment but it's usualy just 4-6 weeks iirc.

Hey_

Schott definitely has a boxy fit.

Is anyone able to compare Schott to Perfecto Brand jackets?

I think the best option this is both stylish/iconic/affordable would be a bomber jacket.

...If only Ovadia & Sons bombers were cheaper...

Julius F. Wrek

im looking for a decent lookin olive jacket, maybe military style :nerd: any suggestions ? :nerd:

I haven't been to the Grove in so long...
They usually have a great selection though.
I'm there almost on a weekly basis. The shops suck, although they're going to open a J. Crew Men's there. Nordstrom is being renovated too. I just go for the restaurants, and theatre.

RE: the wait on ToJ, it's worth it. Leather is not something most tailors can work with. And if it is, it costs a lot. I tried on a Schott at Barneys and the fit was horrible. It was a black perfecto with gold hardware, kinda tacky too IMO.

I just emailed their CS to help figure out which model has the slimmest fit of the bunch but I've found this one and it looks like it fits pretty nicely. I can't find out who sells it though

This pic itself is from epaulet but it doesn't look like they're selling it anymore

I just emailed their CS to help figure out which model has the slimmest fit of the bunch but I've found this one and it looks like it fits pretty nicely. I can't find out who sells it though
This pic itself is from epaulet but it doesn't look like they're selling it anymore

Fit looks good but the leather looks plasticky? Might just be the pic though.

Type of leather plays a factor as well.

Barneys has the one with gold hardware for $1k.
2r549dt.png

You know what, I'm just going to flood this post with pics of the ToJ version to ensure you make the right decision. :D
2v2wso2.jpg
ztdx5e.jpg

r8wosz.jpg
2cgljzd.jpg

2nv9t38.jpg
1zxkzza.jpg

1he144.jpg
cq8g8.jpg

24whikn.jpg
3584c3n.jpg

xkyh3q.jpg
211m7w9.jpg

30j2trp.jpg

My bad, I knew I forgot to add something. Best bet may be too look at Cole Haan, cause they have something similar in the states.
Company: Mossley Derby.
They're actually not boots
18659_95991_40519.jpg
thanks. anyone know where i can get something similar? looked at cole haan and didnt see anything close enough

Back
Top Bottom