Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The weekend...
8040986933_5c08a6c2ba_b.jpg

Got those chinos tailored a lil while ago lol (the upper image is the closest color to the denim shirt- but lighting was playing games).
8040986239_18f778f14f_b.jpg

I'm going to find a tripod sometime soon, to fix this angle situation.
You're great a layering, man. A tripod would definitely do justice in capturing the outfit as a whole. You can get a cheap one for around $20 at Best Buy.

RE: NY Yankees fitted cap being the most versatile, I do agree. The symbol is a classic. Not including football clubs like Man U., I think it's the world profitable sports club. It was the first fitted cap I had in middle school and a lot of kids used to knock me for not repping Dodgers :lol:

Inspiration

Dude's tumblr is sick
http://dresslikea.tumblr.com/

Definitely one of the better tumblr's out there. I actually have taken his layout in terms of the pictures of how he lays out the clothing like in the 2nd picture to layout what I'm wearing. I snap a pic as well as it actually does help determining if that will go with that.

It's a great place to get inspiration for outfits. I think that's what people need to take away from all these style tumblr's and blogs, don't copycat the looks, but use them as inspiration to create your own.

Trying to find a canvas jacket with a hood so I can coat it with wax and make it a rain coat, any suggestions on a light weight least expensive canvas jacket with a hood ?

Barbour is too thick and expensive 
sick.gif

Sup guys. Can I get some recommendations and input on this suit, specifically any alterations that might be needed?

I have a job interview on Friday so I picked up this suit today at Macy's. My budget was about $300 for suit + alterations, suit was just under $200 after tax.

I was thinking the sleeves might need to be shortened. I also want to get the sides brought in just a little bit. I know it's hard to judge the proper length of the pants in sneakers but even with proper shoes on I think they might need to be shortened too. Anybody have any advice on alterations?

I couldn't figure out how to get my pictures to show up vertically but thanks for the help.

10543nq.png

2druqol.png

1op3dw.jpg

Judging from the pictures, although difficult due to them being sideways, the jacket seems to fit pretty well. I think you nailed it regarding the length of the sleeves. However, you probably can do without it if your tailor can't get it done by Friday. Pants, definitely get those done ASAP so that you can have it done by Friday. Most people won't notice the sleeves but pant length they will. I know the Macy's by me does alterations on suits/pants that you buy at their store so considering it's a simple alteration maybe try them. Plus I don't think they charge and their turnaround time may not be as long.

I have a question about pants/jeans

I wear a 34 x 34 and when I go to the tailor the length always up being 38 or something like that

Is it always like that or just the brand I'm buying?

I have a question about pants/jeans
I wear a 34 x 34 and when I go to the tailor the length always up being 38 or something like that
Is it always like that or just the brand I'm buying?
Are you sure you're measuring the INSEAM, and not the outseam or something else? The inseam runs from the crotch area down to the very end. I have never seen a pair of pants, even ones that are left unhemmed with 38" inseam. That's some Shaq length pants, man.

I agree, you are probably measuring the outseam.

Weird that you've never seen unhemmed trousers with 38" inseam, I think typical is 36" inseam these days but 38" is out there. Dior jeans are actually 36" inseam iirc, that's why you get the pancake stacks.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're measuring the INSEAM, and not the outseam or something else? The inseam runs from the crotch area down to the very end. I have never seen a pair of pants, even ones that are left unhemmed with 38" inseam. That's some Shaq length pants, man.

I know True Religion used to have 38 inch collection targeted towards taller guys.

Damn, the name eludes me right now.

I am really liking Kobes fit, except the baggy denim shirt. Little more fitted and I could rock. Any info on the pants?

Nice and simple.

Last edited:
I am really liking Kobes fit, except the baggy denim shirt. Little more fitted and I could rock. Any info on the pants?

Nice and simple.

I don't think Kobe's shirt is that baggy. You must want that compression shirt fit. I'd rock it as is.

Interested to see how the challenge fairs out to be, Serg if we are able to participate due to our careers.

I think that'll be part of the fun I think for both you and I. Granted depending on how out of left field a challenge might be, we might not be able to participate at all as you said due to our careers. I did however, in the event we do a camo challenge, I went to Michael's and bought a camoflauge hankie which with their 40% off coupon came out to $1.11, will post a pic of tonight.

Honestly depending on the challenge their may be things that if they cannot be incorporated in a small dosage; ie. camo pocket square, that I know myself and likely Wis will not be able to participate. However, with that said, don't allow that to limit some of the options, if we can't do one or two, that's fine.

What challenge are you talking about?

It's in the works and it's an idea by one of the members here. Pretty much it would involve fitting in a certain type of clothing item into your everyday wardrobe. For example, using the big one right now, head wear. Any member who would want to participate would pretty just post their best outfit featuring head wear, whether it'd be a fitted, skull cap, driver, etc. It's all for 1) fun and 2) to demonstrate different ways of dressing better while incorporating pieces that some may have always wondered about. I know camo is another big one, granted I know people like Wis and I could not go full out and wear camo pants or shirt, to work due to our careers but even finding a way to incorporate it in as a pocket square to me sounds like fun...something that if we do I'm still thinking about how and what to incorporate it with.

Opinion on AE Park Ave vs AE Fifth Ave?

Park Ave seems to be a lot more popular but they look pretty similar. Is there a reason why Fifth is like $60 cheaper for the AE sale?
They are on the same last, the Fifth Ave just has extra perforation on the toe cap.  They may be less popular leading to the steeper discount, so I would go with the cheaper one if you dont have a preference.

Back
Top Bottom