Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Good idea, horrible lay out. If you want to make challenges, you need to follow the guideline from the MC corner on SF and allow more time. With this set up, I'll be surprised if you have more than 2-3 participants. We already only have a handful of posters who post their own pictures. With the addition of these rules, the filtering just became more aggressive.
I have a pretty healthy wardrobe compared to the average man, and I take daily outfit pictures, but I can't even participate in some of these contests. I just use myself for the sake of making a point BTW.
Sunday: No fitted caps.
Monday: I work in a corporate setting so can't wear sportswear to work, not that I wear sportswear outside of the gym in the first place.
Tuesday: I work in a corporate setting so can't wear camo unless it's on Friday.
Wednesday: Fall is limited to Wednesday?
Thursday: No idea what high/low is.
Friday: Casual Friday..how is this different than Monday or Tuesday?
Saturday: This works I guess, but you need to clarify loungewear....you're talking about drop crotch sweat pants and loose fitting t shirt?
A better idea would be to have a bi monthly contest and have a theme that is more lax. "Element of grays", "utilizing wool/tweed" or something where everyone or most folks can join in.

I see your point in regards to time and environment constraints.

I know this may sound pretentious and borderline narcissistic, but this challenge would be more look-book oriented. So maybe taking a pic just for the sake of the theme?

It may take some effort but I think we can stretch the length of entry time.

In regards to the themes. I sorta like how a theme should be born out of a question, such as the fitted debate, or even a response to fashion news and what not.

Maybe we can discuss this further to find an organized compromise?

I would like to keep the first challenge to be Fitted with Fitted caps.

While I know you are unable to participate due to having no fitteds,

this gives other posters a chance to step up; which I assume we want more of.

For me the biggest prize would be increased participation and some questions may get answered.

To me a fitted tied into the DB thread guidelines is difficult to pull off; but I feel like there is enough diversity to see if we either prove or disprove.

Sorry for the long response but Im on idea mode

LMK what you guys think

Does it have to be fitteds? I don't own any but I do have some snapbacks though not the traditional team kind.

I wouldn't really say this fit is "dressing better" per say but just my personal style, real simple and casual.
10274033.bmp
10274058.bmp

I see your point in regards to time and environment constraints.
I know this may sound pretentious and borderline narcissistic, but this challenge would be more look-book oriented. So maybe taking a pic just for the sake of the theme?
It may take some effort but I think we can stretch the length of entry time.
In regards to the themes. I sorta like how a theme should be born out of a question, such as the fitted debate, or even a response to fashion news and what not.
Maybe we can discuss this further to find an organized compromise?
I would like to keep the first challenge to be Fitted with Fitted caps.
While I know you are unable to participate due to having no fitteds,
this gives other posters a chance to step up; which I assume we want more of.
For me the biggest prize would be increased participation and some questions may get answered.
To me a fitted tied into the DB thread guidelines is difficult to pull off; but I feel like there is enough diversity to see if we either prove or disprove.
Sorry for the long response but Im on idea mode
LMK what you guys think
Sure, man. Good luck with your implementation. I'm all for it if it benefits the thread.

Though I highly doubt that it may will be Lookbook worthy since most of us don't have a set up like K does. And even if we do, you need the appropriate backdrops and lighting and all that.

Edit: You may want to take the initiative and post up outfit pictures of yourself as well.

Last edited:
Yea.

Let's incorporate snapbacks also.

RFX if you can take a newer one. but let me tell u that is an iLL fit bro!

And dont forget, Dressing Better as in overall fit, not necessarily becoming more formal.

Think about hey if i were chosen number 1 on draft day, what can i rock to make that hat look like a natural part of my wardrobe.

Or

How would i run an off-field photo shoots showcasing NFL's new on field new eras

Does it have to be fitteds? I don't own any but I do have some snapbacks though not the traditional team kind.
I wouldn't really say this fit is "dressing better" per say but just my personal style, real simple and casual.
10274033.bmp
10274058.bmp
I know you have a Gucci or LV hat somewhere, man :lol:

RFX's outfit is always ill because it's always at least $5,000 :lol:

His wardrobe can feed a developing country.

I think instead of fitted and snapbacks, it should be incorporating head gear. With the cold weather approaching, my guess is we will see more head gear in general.

And I agree,dressing better isn't about dressing up for some fancy event or looking like dapper don all the time, although it would be awesome to do so but it isn't for everyone. I always say this thread if for advice and taking cues and advice to develop your own style and hopefully that would be an upgrade from 3XL tees and JNCO jeans.

I think instead of fitted and snapbacks, it should be incorporating head gear. With the cold weather approaching, my guess is we will see more head gear in general.
And I agree,dressing better isn't about dressing up for some fancy event or looking like dapper don all the time, although it would be awesome to do so but it isn't for everyone. I always say this thread if for advice and taking cues and advice to develop your own style and hopefully that would be an upgrade from 3XL tees and JNCO jeans.
Likewise. I always state this thread should be used as crutches to help an individual find his/her own style.

I checked out the GQ collection at Gap and was overall pretty impressed. There's a good variety of pieces that I'm sure will appeal to a lot of people. I picked up the McNairy camo cargos that some people have been talking about (after not finding the Dockers Alpha camos in the mall) and I'm pretty happy with them. I might go back to pick up the waxed cotton Saturdays NYC jacket, which fit awesome btw, or crew neck.

Check the fitted!

I checked out the GQ collection at Gap and was overall pretty impressed. There's a good variety of pieces that I'm sure will appeal to a lot of people. I picked up the McNairy camo cargos that some people have been talking about (after not finding the Dockers Alpha camos in the mall) and I'm pretty happy with them. I might go back to pick up the waxed cotton Saturdays NYC jacket, which fit awesome btw, or crew neck.

Check the fitted!

That crewneck and those cargos look good. i dont even like cargo pants like that either..

Check the fitted!
Cargo brothers! :lol:

I opted out for no break though, because it would be weird for wool..at least for me. The stacking looks good in your picture however, perhaps it's because of how high the 8s are.

The sweatshirt looks good in that pic, been looking for one for kicking back.
I might pick it up since I missed out the Nike USA grey sweatshirt.
15hea90.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, really? It was selling out online. Do you happen to remember if you saw an XS or S?

Damn, really? It was selling out online. Do you happen to remember if you saw an XS or S?

Check out the USA Bball Gear thread in the Nike forum. Someone will be able to help you there...

I have the sweater and it's awesome. You can't see in the picture but it actually has a zipper pocket on one side too. Really soft :pimp:

LOL @ fitteds not being presentable. Dudes are so stuck in their imaginary jcrew candyland. Completely obnoxious.
Though of course they aren't suitable for formal occasions there is absolutely nothing wrong with throwing a fitted on in a casual setting :rolleyes

Edit: the link wj4 just posted is a prime example.

LOL @ fitteds not being presentable. Dudes are so stuck in their imaginary jcrew candyland. Completely obnoxious.
Though of course they aren't suitable for formal occasions there is absolutely nothing wrong with throwing a fitted on in a casual setting :rolleyes
Edit: the link wj4 just posted is a prime example.
I think most of us misinterpreted by thinking that fitted hats being worn with a dress shirt with tie, and such. With clarification, the majority stated it can definitely be worked into a wardrobe.

Back
Top Bottom