Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man, they're at your neck Steezy. I'd just say give it up though.

For what my opinion is worth, I read about 20 pages of that WAYWT page just now and there is definitely a sense that certain users can post no bad outfits. I think we have a similar thing here, but no where near the extent of them. Plus, I like 98% of the outfits I see posted on here compared to some of the fits I saw on there :x

Another note, HUGE SHOUT OUT TO ADRIAN for the hookup on the bag. My man hit me up on IG after I told him about a month ago that I wanted one like his and gave me a huge oop! :pimp: Thanks boss!!
THIS IS YOU E!?!

:lol: damn its hard putting two and two together sometimes. Y'all cats gotta link your IGs or something from now on.

As for my poor quoting... :frown: my bad, I just wanted to delete the picture from chaining through

Ninjahood knows his stuff but sometimes it seems more like a curse of knowing too much and not having room to alter that state of mind.

Man, they're at your neck Steezy. I'd just say give it up though.

For what my opinion is worth, I read about 20 pages of that WAYWT page just now and there is definitely a sense that certain users can post no bad outfits. I think we have a similar thing here, but no where near the extent of them. Plus, I like 98% of the outfits I see posted on here compared to some of the fits I saw on there :x

Another note, HUGE SHOUT OUT TO ADRIAN for the hookup on the bag. My man hit me up on IG after I told him about a month ago that I wanted one like his and gave me a huge oop! :pimp: Thanks boss!!
THIS IS YOU E!?!

:lol: damn its hard putting two and two together sometimes. Y'all cats gotta link your IGs or something from now on.

As for my poor quoting... :frown: my bad, I just wanted to delete the picture from chaining through

Yeah, hahaha I post and comment on everyone's IG more than I do in here. I love dat lurker life :nerd: I've been trying to contribute in the thread more often now. Too scared/not "dressed better" enough to post pics still though :smh:

Question for you guys since we are on the topic of SF and the fit K posted.

When is the appropriate time to use each knot?

I only learned to do the half really and have not ventured past that.

Depends on your shirt collar. Example, spread collar requires a bigger knot such as a Full Windsor.

Depends on your shirt collar. Example, spread collar requires a bigger knot such as a Full Windsor.

Really depends on the tie, collar, lapel width, etc...
All of this. I have yet to youtube a 4 in hand which apparently is a great all around knot :lol: I'll get to it eventually guys. However I was taught the half-windsor growing up and learned how to do a full windsor last December. I alternate between those depending on the type of collar I have. If spread I'll do the full-windsor. Narrower gets a half

Really depends on the tie, collar, lapel width, etc...
All of this. I have yet to youtube a 4 in hand which apparently is a great all around knot :lol: I'll get to it eventually guys. However I was taught the half-windsor growing up and learned how to do a full windsor last December. I alternate between those depending on the type of collar I have. If spread I'll do the full-windsor. Narrower gets a half

Thanks guys ill try to do the others next week if i have time

Like everyone said, lots of components to when to do 4-in-hand. Has to do with the tie too. I have a few cheap ties (think Ross) from college that aren't very thick material, so a 4-in-hand just looks super small no matter what lapel and collar I'm wearing. Probably means I should just stick to my more quality ties haha.

A 4-in-and is really simple to do. It's basically just wrapping one end of the tie around, and then bring it up and through the knot. I actually don't really like the way it looks, but will use it sometimes when the other half and full windsor just look comically big.

What are your guys' thoughts on the tie dimple. I used to prefer no dimple, but now that I actually pay attention to what other people think, I've begrudgingly started using them, mostly b/c I wear ties in very conservative environments (ie where doing something different than tradition or classic is considered trying to stand out, which is frowned upon).

i only do four in hand because i like a bit of asymmetry when the knot is perfect it just annoys my eyes for some reason. same thing with my dimple. i like to have one but not directly in the center, lol it's like people who only have a dimple in one cheek. typically my dimple is a little bit to the right. 

Last edited:
Just read the past few pages and come on KSteezy, you got mad after two comments that didn't compliment your fit. :lol: I've seen worse, trust me, the comments on yours actually wasn't bad at all. I've seen people get chewed out much worse and really, nothing against you steezy but saying you're going to troll til you get banned just sounds as bad as them being d*cks. You're bigger than that and that is an over reaction to two simple comments, that I didn't really find that bad.

As you can see in the thread though, there are more understandable and helpful folks, after the first two comments that insulted you it was pretty much balanced and constructive. Some even defended you. It's just as much of a circle jerk there as it is here. Jet is just always an ahole, dude does it to me all the time and you just got to shrug it off. Ain't no different than Ninjahood and when you post a Euro luxury car. It really isn't any different here on NT, there will always be a d*ck that insult or criticize, hell look at the stupid car threads and other trend clothing posts. Hell DB thread is always thrown under the bus every chance they get here. :lol:

Some of the comments about SF here are just as asinine as the comments on the "terrible blog" thread. As for it being p*ssy because the bloggers can't defend themselves, again, it is no different than the "think they are doing it" thread here on NT or any other thread that clown other trends like "joggers" or "t-skirts".

Don't take it the wrong way, I do not defend stupid sh*t being said on both sides but in comparison to NT, SF is actually pretty mellow and more lax. Plenty of knowledgeable people there for sure and sometimes they come off more arrogant than helpful, no denying that. But again, same could be said here on NT too. Ninjahood knows his stuff but sometimes it seems more like a curse of knowing too much and not having room to alter that state of mind.

Nah bro, I'm far from mad, if you go back I kind of expected the backlash and was testing them to be honest and they proved it right, at this point I'm not trolling at all, just making sure they get the new guy exposing the establish ****hole troll for what he is

I wasn't looking for compliments at all, this was more of an experiment....lol

EDIT **

Never mind I guess that's the rep this cat Jet has....lol I'm a confrontational individual as you can see from how I am on NT and very opinionated, but I welcome C&C, I love it, I learned photography from a forum by accepting it....but come at me sideways and dot expect me to back down, as you can see I thanked those who came correct and dropped their 2 cents on things I should fix, but that dude Jet is a straight clown.

Last edited:
Ninjahood knows his stuff but sometimes it seems more like a curse of knowing too much and not having room to alter that state of mind.

:wow: I don't know if that was intentional or not but my goodness that was brillant if so. Good catch IronMan :rofl: :rofl:

Like everyone said, lots of components to when to do 4-in-hand. Has to do with the tie too. I have a few cheap ties (think Ross) from college that aren't very thick material, so a 4-in-hand just looks super small no matter what lapel and collar I'm wearing. Probably means I should just stick to my more quality ties haha.

A 4-in-and is really simple to do. It's basically just wrapping one end of the tie around, and then bring it up and through the knot. I actually don't really like the way it looks, but will use it sometimes when the other half and full windsor just look comically big.

What are your guys' thoughts on the tie dimple. I used to prefer no dimple, but now that I actually pay attention to what other people think, I've begrudgingly started using them, mostly b/c I wear ties in very conservative environments (ie where doing something different than tradition or classic is considered trying to stand out, which is frowned upon).

Yeah mine, I'm tie dimples all the way. My ties look flat without one. However, more recently I've been making sure that I get a strong tie boner. The more luxurious/thick the tie is, the easier.

Last edited:

Just read the past few pages and come on KSteezy, you got mad after two comments that didn't compliment your fit.
laugh.gif
I've seen worse, trust me, the comments on yours actually wasn't bad at all. I've seen people get chewed out much worse and really, nothing against you steezy but saying you're going to troll til you get banned just sounds as bad as them being d*cks. You're bigger than that and that is an over reaction to two simple comments, that I didn't really find that bad.

As you can see in the thread though, there are more understandable and helpful folks, after the first two comments that insulted you it was pretty much balanced and constructive. Some even defended you. It's just as much of a circle jerk there as it is here. Jet is just always an ahole, dude does it to me all the time and you just got to shrug it off. Ain't no different than Ninjahood and when you post a Euro luxury car. It really isn't any different here on NT, there will always be a d*ck that insult or criticize, hell look at the stupid car threads and other trend clothing posts. Hell DB thread is always thrown under the bus every chance they get here.
laugh.gif

Some of the comments about SF here are just as asinine as the comments on the "terrible blog" thread. As for it being p*ssy because the bloggers can't defend themselves, again, it is no different than the "think they are doing it" thread here on NT or any other thread that clown other trends like "joggers" or "t-skirts".

Don't take it the wrong way, I do not defend stupid sh*t being said on both sides but in comparison to NT, SF is actually pretty mellow and more lax. Plenty of knowledgeable people there for sure and sometimes they come off more arrogant than helpful, no denying that. But again, same could be said here on NT too. Ninjahood knows his stuff but sometimes it seems more like a curse of knowing too much and not having room to alter that state of mind.
Nah bro, I'm far from mad, if you go back I kind of expected the backlash and was testing them to be honest and they proved it right, at this point I'm not trolling at all, just making sure they get the new guy exposing the establish ****hole troll for what he is

I wasn't looking for compliments at all, this was more of an experiment....lol

EDIT **

Never mind I guess that's the rep this cat Jet has....lol I'm a confrontational individual as you can see from how I am on NT and very opinionated, but I welcome C&C, I love it, I learned photography from a forum by accepting it....but come at me sideways and dot expect me to back down, as you can see I thanked those who came correct and dropped their 2 cents on things I should fix, but that dude Jet is a straight clown.
Dude said don't **** with users that have 16,000 posts. Had me like jaguarsfan.gif Thats about the lamest thing I've heard in a while. Those guys take this internet-forum-reputation thing a little bit too seriously. 

I'm gonna contribute often to that thread, might learn something in the process myself, as some of them did come across mature, but that fool Jet better take a backseat.

Mad might not be the best word but you did seem a bit insulted or frustrated. Not saying you were looking for compliments but you did post this right after two post, and really only one insulted the tie clip.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/102270

Bout to troll the HARD WAY, till I get myself banned...bunch of clowns...like son, I dead *** just posted a picture with not much to pick at, figure maybe they'd pick at my lacing, but dude went for DA TIE CLIP...one thing is being constructive, the other is being a complete douche for no reason whatsoever.

To be honest, this is a bit of an over reaction especially if it is an experiment and you knew what you were going to get.

And as you can see, there are plenty to nit pick on the fit if they really try. Keep in mind, these are the dudes that could look at a label of a suit and know which factory it was made from, that is how meticulous those guys' eye are. Most do try to be constructive though and you really just ignore or weed out the first few jabs and you'd be good.

Your fit actually started a good discussion in there, though that conversation that happens almost every few months. :lol:

And to be fair, SF does have an aesthetic of their own, not that they won't accept everyone but it's in the details at times. I remember Ty posting there once or twice and dude got nothing but compliments because he just put everything together so well and he is far from goth or grungy or avant garde look. They do have a certain disdain for a JCrew/GQ look though so yeah you might continue to get flack from it, same way I get flack from my LV and Gucci sneakers, really just got to ignore it if you like it and take the comments with a grain of salt.

About the troll comment, bro it was more of
A joke...lol

His comment did rub me the wrong way though, can't deny that, who wouldn't be annoyed by that?

Back
Top Bottom