Dressing Better Vol 2.0

To my last undergrad final^

So I just bought the allen edmonds fifth avenue in walnut with the RDA sale and noticed there were imperfections with the brogue design at the cap-toe. I'm not sure if I'm being nitpicky but I expected much more from AE since this is my first pair and I've heard only good things about them from this thread. As you can see from the pictures, the brogue strip looks crooked and the sets of two little punched holes are all over the place; one set is very close together, others are far apart or not aligned. Can those who own AEs or this style in particular shed some light on whether I should return them or if this is normal? Thanks!

Its not that bad. However, if you are unhappy, AE has excellent customer service. Call em up and I bet they'll have no proble sending you a free label and shipping out a new pair.
Beautiful shoe btw....I have the brooks version :wink:

[quote name="Pinoy732" url="/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/32910#post_18838176To my last undergrad final^

I think he meant the link to where the guys on SF flamed the other college guy who tried to "dress better"?[/quote]
Oops. Just re-read and realized that. My B fellas. :lol:

maybe its just me, but the collar on that peacoat looks weird as hell.

Whole joint looks more like a shacket than a standard peacoat, so i see where Rob is coming from with "too fitted" as oxymoronic as that sounds.

it fits like a blazer. not like outerwear. that thing will definitely not cut it for dude in the colorado winter. return it and size up or better yet find another brand. it's just not a nice jacket period.

[quote name="Pinoy732" url="/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/32910#post_18838176To my last undergrad final^

I think he meant the link to where the guys on SF flamed the other college guy who tried to "dress better"?

Get over yourself dude. :rolleyes

:wink:
[/quote]

This post is incorrectly and poorly quoted so I'm not sure what the intentions were :lol:

Lmao at a paperclip for a tie bar :rofl:

Style Forum really reminds me of the Hypebeast WDYWT thread, except with more formal clothing. HB has its own "uniform" as well, and anyone who deviates from that gets flamed :lol:
For the most part isn't that what happens with a lot of these WDYWT threads? Their is a general consensus of what is deemed " cool" in the thread and when somebody presents a different idea or change, they get shirted on. When I brought up my Chinos and foams attire, the hate was IMMENSE. Nothing was wrong with it and I thought it was cool, but because it wasn't the uniform here, it was hated on.

Steezy got upset, but seems to have moved on. Its just funny when dude posted that he don't post on SF because of the elite mindset which is ironic because that happens a lot in this thread too.

Everything was wrong with chinos & Foamz, it has nothing to do with being a "uniform" in here.

And stop saying stupid **** like "hated on". The idea of someone "hating" stems from jealousy.

Last edited:

I think he meant the link to where the guys on SF flamed the other college guy who tried to "dress better"?

Get over yourself dude. :rolleyes

:wink:

This post is incorrectly and poorly quoted so I'm not sure what the intentions were :lol:[/quote]

:rofl: blame A for his lack of formatting

For the most part isn't that what happens with a lot of these WDYWT threads? Their is a general consensus of what is deemed " cool" in the thread and when somebody presents a different idea or change, they get shirted on. When I brought up my Chinos and foams attire, the hate was IMMENSE. Nothing was wrong with it and I thought it was cool, but because it wasn't the uniform here, it was hated on.

Steezy got upset, but seems to have moved on. Its just funny when dude posted that he don't post on SF because of the elite mindset which is ironic because that happens a lot in this thread too.

I'm not upset brah, I knew what the outcome was gonna be, did it to prove a point, and like I said I'm gonna continue to post in that thread....this thread and that forum might be similar I agree but they are at least 10 levels above us when it comes to uniformity, for starters pick any of the regulars in here and each one has a complete different style.

If there's something that you like then wear it, and feel free to post pics. You may get praise or criticism, but as long as you like it that's really all that should matter. There was a time when only like two guys were posting their fits, I'm glad to see more people participating in here and hope none of the lurkers are discouraged due to perceived attitude. We all have different tastes and style so not everyone will agree i.e. the chinos and foams situation (which I think is fine in a casual situation) or the whole sweatpants discussion (still don't like them).

it's more of a struggle for giants fans :smh:
hopefully we beat the eagles.
The whole division is poverty, though. Cowboys not going to beat the Broncos so if we beat the eagles, we're only down 1

:lol:

we still have hopes as long as our division remains buns....lmaooooo

I have the Giants winning this week in my pick em league. I've been trash so far, so I'm probably wrong again :lol:

I think you should follow "in stitches" advice though. Comparing the vibe of this thread to an entire forum is not logical, it's like telling someone about NT and using this thread to sell them on it when we all know outside of this thread, NT is a beast of it's own.

Man, they're at your neck Steezy. I'd just say give it up though.

For what my opinion is worth, I read about 20 pages of that WAYWT page just now and there is definitely a sense that certain users can post no bad outfits. I think we have a similar thing here, but no where near the extent of them. Plus, I like 98% of the outfits I see posted on here compared to some of the fits I saw on there :x

Another note, HUGE SHOUT OUT TO ADRIAN for the hookup on the bag. My man hit me up on IG after I told him about a month ago that I wanted one like his and gave me a huge oop! :pimp: Thanks boss!!

Just read the past few pages and come on KSteezy, you got mad after two comments that didn't compliment your fit. :lol: I've seen worse, trust me, the comments on yours actually wasn't bad at all. I've seen people get chewed out much worse and really, nothing against you steezy but saying you're going to troll til you get banned just sounds as bad as them being d*cks. You're bigger than that and that is an over reaction to two simple comments, that I didn't really find that bad.

As you can see in the thread though, there are more understandable and helpful folks, after the first two comments that insulted you it was pretty much balanced and constructive. Some even defended you. It's just as much of a circle jerk there as it is here. Jet is just always an ahole, dude does it to me all the time and you just got to shrug it off. Ain't no different than Ninjahood and when you post a Euro luxury car. It really isn't any different here on NT, there will always be a d*ck that insult or criticize, hell look at the stupid car threads and other trend clothing posts. Hell DB thread is always thrown under the bus every chance they get here. :lol:

Some of the comments about SF here are just as asinine as the comments on the "terrible blog" thread. As for it being p*ssy because the bloggers can't defend themselves, again, it is no different than the "think they are doing it" thread here on NT or any other thread that clown other trends like "joggers" or "t-skirts".

Don't take it the wrong way, I do not defend stupid sh*t being said on both sides but in comparison to NT, SF is actually pretty mellow and more lax. Plenty of knowledgeable people there for sure and sometimes they come off more arrogant than helpful, no denying that. But again, same could be said here on NT too. Ninjahood knows his stuff but sometimes it seems more like a curse of knowing too much and not having room to alter that state of mind.

Back
Top Bottom