Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It wasn't really that bad, and I'm no fan of SF, he got a couple of harsh responses but this one was constructive and kind of on point:

Why would you say that? He's just a guy who clearly didn't expect to be eviscerated for what he thought would go down well. Thing is, for better or worse, pretty much everyone on both sides of the forum hate this kind of GQ-influenced style. He wasn't to know that... FWIW, I quite like the suit and it's nice to see the occasional man who isn't afraid of colour, but the tie is meh although at least it is the right width for the lapels, the shirt collar is too small, the socks are a bit light in colour (although at least he's wearing socks...) and yes, the fish hook tie bar is silly.

Happy medium folks, they have regulars that could put on a trash bag and not get criticized. This thread has them too.

Wis. Go back to freaking sleep. Too early for NT :smh:

:D
It's gonna be a long day, man. I got a call from work 10-20 mins before I made that post. I couldn't go back to sleep so I went online :lol: Now I'm sleepy and it's time to get the day started :frown:

Lmao at a paperclip for a tie bar :rofl:

Style Forum really reminds me of the Hypebeast WDYWT thread, except with more formal clothing. HB has its own "uniform" as well, and anyone who deviates from that gets flamed :lol:

copped this jcp peacoat on sale and did a write up about it
http://www.techmorobo.com/pick-ups-jcp-peacoat/

^^ what size did you go with?...and what are your height and weight measurements?...thanks!

It wasn't really that bad, and I'm no fan of SF, he got a couple of harsh responses but this one was constructive and kind of on point:
Happy medium folks, they have regulars that could put on a trash bag and not get criticized. This thread has them too.

See that's more of the response I was hoping to get to prove me wrong , something constructive, I'm i an expert on the matter of suiting up?...for a Gods sake NO, and I'm positive there are dudes on there that I can learn tons from, but how can anyone be expected to stick around when the initial replies are straight ignorance?...I learned photography from a forum, from other members being critical and RESPECTFUL, so C&C is one thing I'll always be receptive to....but ignorance and trolling and thinking you too funny for your own good at my expense, GTHO.

Lulz @ the clown in here claiming I'm sensitive.

See that's more of the response I was hoping to get to prove me wrong , something constructive, I'm i an expert on the matter of suiting up?...for a Gods sake NO, and I'm positive there are dudes on there that I can learn tons from, but how can anyone be expected to stick around when the initial replies are straight ignorance?...I learned photography from a forum, from other members being critical and RESPECTFUL, so C&C is one thing I'll always be receptive to....but ignorance and trolling and thinking you too funny for your own good at my expense, GTHO.

Lulz @ the clown in here claiming I'm sensitive.

I can be the shoulder you cry on...........

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/102270

Bout to troll the HARD WAY, till I get myself banned...bunch of clowns...like son, I dead *** just posted a picture with not much to pick at, figure maybe they'd pick at my lacing, but dude went for DA TIE CLIP...one thing is being constructive, the other is being a complete douche for no reason whatsoever.

Looking through some of what they praise, a lot of those dudes seem lame and uptight.

Lol! Jet is a trip most of the time.
I like that place though, been posting more lately. I just ignore the nuisance just like I do on NT
Well said, Wes.

K: I meant the site as a whole. Just leave them be on the same token that you wouldn't want them to come here and start trolling. Plus it soils the dbnt name as being immature.

"Soils the dbnt name"? :lol: I have a pretty good feeling that most of them would look down on this thread if given the opportunity. It serves its purpose on NT for those of us who don't dress like your typical sneakerhead but I would put a lot of money on it that if you linked this in there, they'd laugh at just the name "Dressing Better" right off and their true colors would prove way more insulting than anything that's ever been said in here. Maybe that's not immature but I think ksteezy made a point regarding the attitudes there.

Sensitive is easily irritated. You fit the bill. Stop acting like an unstable creature.

I've lurked in this thread a lot and have learned so much. Please stop ruining it for me.

Elkin, screw them fools and SF and tell me where and how much you copped that cord suit for?

Lightroom effects aside, that fit is super cold.

Looking through some of what they praise, a lot of those dudes seem lame and uptight.
"Soils the dbnt name"? :lol: I have a pretty good feeling that most of them would look down on this thread if given the opportunity. It serves its purpose on NT for those of us who don't dress like your typical sneakerhead but I would put a lot of money on it that if you linked this in there, they'd laugh at just the name "Dressing Better" right off and their true colors would prove way more insulting than anything that's ever been said in here. Maybe that's not immature but I think ksteezy made a point regarding the attitudes there.

The second they see what Adrian wore to take a final they'd have a feast as they did with another college student who said he like to also dress up.

But ima continue to post in there....I got thick skin and don't mind weeding out the ***holes.

And dudes cry about the attitude on this thread....man they make Rob sound like a harmless bunny.

The second they see what Adrian wore to take a final they'd have a feast as they did with another college student who said he like to also dress up.

But ima continue to post in there....I got thick skin and don't mind weeding out the ***holes.

And dudes cry about the attitude on this thread....man they make Rob sound like a harmless bunny.
Link? I wanna read this
laugh.gif

Sensitive is easily irritated. You fit the bill. Stop acting like an unstable creature.

I've lurked in this thread a lot and have learned so much. Please stop ruining it for me.

Go back to lurking because you are adding 0 to this....have something constructive to say about fits, DO IT....calling me sensitive because I used myself as bait to prove a point makes absolutely no sense, I KNEW WHAT THE RESPONSE WAS GONNA BE...if I was the sensitive type I wouldn't have posted my picture.

LOL i'm saying people think i'm bad on here. i just say the first thing that pops into my mind. those dudes probably sit there and brainstorm

Need advice: I measure up to a 42R for my suits and sport coats at Brooks Brothers in their Fitzgerald cut. I need a sport coat ASAP; no time to go to a store and try one on before I need it. The one I want to order online via overnight shipping is sold out in 42R, but not in 41R. Would 41R be a good idea? My 42R's definitely have a little room, and I am looking for a slimmer fit this time around anyway. I know 40 is too small, but I've never tried on a 41. Thanks.

maybe its just me, but the collar on that peacoat looks weird as hell.

Whole joint looks more like a shacket than a standard peacoat, so i see where Rob is coming from with "too fitted" as oxymoronic as that sounds.

Defines sensitivity as a easily irritated yet calls another man an unstable creature and asks him to stop posting fit pics because it is ruining the thread for him?

Now that Dahuhuhyah is irony.

Lmao at a paperclip for a tie bar
roll.gif

Style Forum really reminds me of the Hypebeast WDYWT thread, except with more formal clothing. HB has its own "uniform" as well, and anyone who deviates from that gets flamed
laugh.gif
For the most part isn't that what happens with a lot of these WDYWT threads? Their is a general consensus of what is deemed " cool" in the thread and when somebody presents a different idea or change, they get shirted on. When I brought up my Chinos and foams attire, the hate was IMMENSE. Nothing was wrong with it and I thought it was cool, but because it wasn't the uniform here, it was hated on.

Steezy got upset, but seems to have moved on. Its just funny when dude posted that he don't post on SF because of the elite mindset which is ironic because that happens a lot in this thread too.

Back
Top Bottom