Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Multiple bags to match multiple shoes? Nah.....

I'm all about dressing better, but I think at it's core every man's outfits and accessories should have functionality as a basis. You can look sharp but still maintain the manliness. Moving your luggage from one bag to the next on a day to day basis for the sake of matching shoes seems overly metro to me. No hate. 

I have the Abingdon messenger bag from j. crew that seems to go with almost anything except super bright colors (think neon.) I use it for work which is business casual office environment, so it works with everything.

Last edited:
on another note, doesn't dry cleaning harm cotton and denim? i could be wrong.
There's a number of tiers of dry cleaners. Some use harsher chemicals than others. I don't dry clean my items too often though, only when see fitting.

There's a number of tiers of dry cleaners. Some use harsher chemicals than others. I don't dry clean my items too often though, only when see fitting.

how does one go about finding a high tier dry cleaner? teach me lol

Whats up fellas.

Im looking for some boots for the fall season, preferably in a brown shade. Unfortunately im on a budget so Im looking to only spend around 200 or less which probobly wont allow for much. Any suggestions? Thanks

Whats up fellas.

Im looking for some boots for the fall season, preferably in a brown shade. Unfortunately im on a budget so Im looking to only spend around 200 or less which probobly wont allow for much. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm considering these right now...

Zuriick "Nico"

They also come in black

Whats up fellas.

These are really nice, just a little over budget at 210 but LL Bean has sales pretty often. Or if you order today you get a 10 dollar gift card, that kinda offsets the price difference

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464?page=mens-katahdin-iron-works-engineer-boots

This Chippewa brand is very similar to the ones I posted too

Amazon product ASIN B0036VN8OU

Last edited:
So we wearing pocket squares on our *** pockets now? Oh ok.

Pinoy: Arent topcoats supposed to have longer sleeve lengths than sport coat sleeves? Yours looks like its hemmed like you would normally hem suit jackets.

So we wearing pocket squares on our *** pockets now? Oh ok.

Pinoy: Arent topcoats supposed to have longer sleeve lengths than sport coat sleeves? Yours looks like its hemmed like you would normally hem suit jackets.
I suppose it can be longer and I honestly did not take it as far back as I normally would (by like 1/4 of an inch) but I also plan on wearing the jacket without any jacket on underneath so I don't mind having a tad of my sleeves show. Personal preference I guess.

And Kal, nice fits man. Bout time you posted up.

cleaning out some old closets in my parents house tonight i just stumbled on about 6 of my dad's old tuxes (and a diamond tie clip
nthat.gif
).

Most of the tuxes are double breasted, and while they fit length/shoulder/sleeve wise, theyre kind of loose around the middle.  I'm told it's beause in the early 90s, the form fitting 2 button suit wasn't really in style.

Still, I was able to find one two button tux that fits me pretty well, but only the jacket, not the pants.  I'm thinking of using it like a blazer, and pairing it with dark jeans.  Anyone ever try this?  Advice on how to pull it off right?

I'm not too sure about how that would look. Post a pic of what the jacket looks like. Being that it is from the 90's it may look too dated

Yeah and your dad is correct. They wore baggy suits back then. Even GQ recommended something like sizing up on a blazer for the big shoulders because they represent power or something like that :lol:

drake got that collar gap lol

suit is clean though...same combo Pinoy rocked..vibrant blue suit, black tie, white shirt. swag

Some different perspectives on the suit. The guys from Art Comes First :pimp:, always appreciated their style and opinions on various subjects within fashion. Enjoyed hearing about Richard James first starting out on Savile Row too

The History of the suit

How to inject personal style into a suit

The importance of a suit in a man's life

British vs Italian tailoring

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom