Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You are suppose to match your leathers, not many people do it but it just looks more thought out. Switching contents is a pain and another reason I didn't bother.

Since when?

Sounds like a rule that was recently created. Don't care none, next bag I get will be canvas anyway.

I'll change my belts if I can (no burgundy) but if you have a black bag, I think you ought to use it when you have your black shoes on. I don't match my brown hues exactly from bag to shoe, but if I had a black bag, I would use it when black shoes were on. I just do not feel it necessary for me to purchase one being that I seldom throw on black shoes anyway. Just my two cents.

OK. The line is drawn. Changing bags to match ones shoes is what my wife does. Nope, Nope, Nope. I understand keeping your look cohesive, but really, my briefcase too?

OK. The line is drawn. Changing bags to match ones shoes is what my wife does. Nope, Nope, Nope. I understand keeping your look cohesive, but really, my briefcase too?

Can't get down with this either. This must be a new movement, 'cause it makes no damn sense.

Don't buy the well thought out angle either. Businessmen are to have a nice briefcase, not a set of them to match their belt/shoes.

It's supposedly a rule which clearly I hardly ever follow. I think it looks cool and as I do have a black bag it wouldn't of been cool but I agree it is a pain to switch stuff out. My brown coach bag is my go to bag and I use it 95% of the time. That bag has gone to places and then some and the condition is great!

Solution: get a white bag :pimp: like the white af1 back in the day :lol: they go with everything.

Challenge: what do you guys think of this new challenge idea. Have the members pick out their favorite pieces and tell us why. This way we can piggyback and use as blog entries too.

For this week it can be a favorite shirt. Then next week can be pants then shoes then etc.

Can't get down with this either. This must be a new movement, 'cause it makes no damn sense.

Don't buy the well thought out angle either. Businessmen are to have a nice briefcase, not a set of them to match their belt/shoes.
Reversible briefcase, pleighboi :pimp:

I'll change my belts if I can (no burgundy) but if you have a black bag, I think you ought to use it when you have your black shoes on. I don't match my brown hues exactly from bag to shoe, but if I had a black bag, I would use it when black shoes were on. I just do not feel it necessary for me to purchase one being that I seldom throw on black shoes anyway. Just my two cents.

THIS. As like Adrian I don't have a brown bag to match every one of my brown shoes. Granted my wife did buy me a lighter brown one as she observed that I do wear light brown shoes, even then my dark brown Coach bag gets play all the time. As I have a black bag I should have used it and since it only cost me $15 on eBay it wasn't like it was a must have just a great price for the briefcase.

Solution: get a white bag :pimp: like the white af1 back in the day :lol: they go with everything.

Challenge: what do you guys think of this new challenge idea. Have the members pick out their favorite pieces and tell us why. This way we can piggyback and use as blog entries too.

For this week it can be a favorite shirt. Then next week can be pants then shoes then etc.

I'm game for this.

LOL, never knew dudes was out here really doing that. Like its cool you wanna be stylish, but thats just doing too much

Last edited:
What other interesting knits have y'all seen? I'm looking to buy more soon, but I want some that aren't just the every day solid wool color crew neck. Main thing I want right now is a shawl cable knit cardigan.

What other interesting knits have y'all seen? I'm looking to buy more soon, but I want some that aren't just the every day solid wool color crew neck. Main thing I want right now is a shawl cable knit cardigan.
Look for popcorn knit and lux fabrics like cashmere or silk or wool with dope flecks.

I'm not in the market for one. I have more than enough. Next one would have a belted rope for that really grandpa feel :lol:

I recently purchased some Seed Stitch Crews from Everlane. From their site:

"Our Seed Stitch Crew is a lightweight, transitional sweater for all seasons. Featuring unique textural stitch detailing and made with a 14-gauge knit for a truly refined fabric. Comes in three essential colors."

Comes in Dark Grey, Light Grey, and Navy. I can't seem to copy and paste the larger photos, but you can view it here: https://www.everlane.com/collections/seed-stitch/products/seed-stitch-crew-navy

Everlane has been expanding rapidly. When they started didn't they only sell a few tees?
I bought a couple and the collars on them didn't last well through the washer/dryer.

I live at Barneys, man :lol:

I think there's a superlative sweater thread on SF that's pretty dope.

No Barneys anywhere near me, but I really only get stuff from there when they have their sales anyway. I check Mr Porter pretty often too, I just hate paying retail for stuff and they only do sales like twice a year

I'm going to have to look for that thread on SF though

Everlane has been expanding rapidly. When they started didn't they only sell a few tees?
I bought a couple and the collars on them didn't last well through the washer/dryer.

Yes, only tees.

What sort of washer are you using? I've washed them a good amount of times and they're still as good as new. What happened to your collars?

Idk exactly what kind just a regular front load washer.

And I bought them around when they first opened so maybe they've improved. But both of the collars have that bacon collar look like the Hanes commercials mention, just not to that extent

No Barneys anywhere near me, but I really only get stuff from there when they have their sales anyway. I check Mr Porter pretty often too, I just hate paying retail for stuff and they only do sales like twice a year

I'm going to have to look for that thread on SF though
Yeah. Def look for sales. I only pay retail for pieces that really catch my eyes on the spot. The ones that make you say "that is fire, b"!

Get the boss of sweaters, the Loro Piana Mezzocollo

Back
Top Bottom