Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks man.

I guess Ill just stick to my true size and keep it out of the dryer.
Yeah. I don't put any of my shirts in the dryer sans undergarment for this reason. Hang dry is the safe route. This is why I also dry clean all my pants since some fabrics can shrink in the washer.

Thanks man.

I guess Ill just stick to my true size and keep it out of the dryer.
Yeah. I don't put any of my shirts in the dryer sans undergarment for this reason. Hang dry is the safe route. This is why I also dry clean all my pants since some fabrics can shrink in the washer.

Thats true - all of my dress pants get dry cleaned. What about your denim?

Im getting sick of soaking 501s in the tub to get them fitting perfectly only to have to do it again a few wears later.

Can anyone help me find a pair of black suede lace-up dress shoes? No wingtips please

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
No love for varsity jackets yet...?
They've been getting love for the recent years. Most notable is the black/black APC joint.

Thats true - all of my dress pants get dry cleaned. What about your denim?

Im getting sick of soaking 501s in the tub to get them fitting perfectly only to have to do it again a few wears later.
I dry clean them too. I'm not into the whole raw denim thing though where cats wear them for a year continuously without washing to get the most pronounced whiskers and honeycombs.

No love for varsity jackets yet...?

They have been mentioned a couple times already. I see that everyone is dropping one this year which is cool because I've always loved varsities and could use a new one.

Looking at the Gap joint still for now. i see they took it down from the site but it can still be found with that link posted a while back.

Yesterday was a long night (dryer stopped working...awesome!), this morning traffic was a mess and on top of it all, I wore black shoes with a brown leather bag :smh:

I'm sorry, Whut? :lol:

I have a brown Ben Sherman messenger that I'm trying to replace (Filson or JCrew Abingdon), but it's an everyday. Not switching contents of my bag to mach/coordinate with my outfit.

Is it that serious? SRS question.

OVOXORAPTORS

cd99602029e111e3994c22000ae81dc4_7.jpg

Clean fit by Drake. I find it very weird how his suiting is always on point but he can't dress worth a damn when it comes to casual wear.

It's starting to get cold AF and I'm sick of waiting for W+H to release their peacoat (not to mention I am not looking to pay $700+ for it) so I think I'm going to order a Sterlingwear and have my tailor go in on it. Personally, I can't think of a piece of outerwear I like more than the peacoat.

I prefer topcoats to peacoats significantly. But that's just me

I just feel that it is odd to have such a thick, warm coat and have it stop right at before my legs (and other member). I'm trying to stay warm in all the right places you feel?

Last edited:
I love peacoats. I'm a lifelong Chicagoan, so i'm practically immune to bone chilling temps. So it doesn't bother me if my legs are exposed.

I'm still on the hunt for a new peacoat. Preferably navy and grey. Might end up scooping the J Crew one, though I don't remember if it came in any color besides black.

I just feel that it is odd to have such a thick, warm coat and have it stop right at before my legs (and other member). I'm trying to stay warm in all the right places you feel?

Makes sense for someone on the East Coast. While it gets cold over here, keeping my legs warm is never a concern. I feel like topcoats make me look short... mid-thigh is a perfectly length for me (pause).

TheTim11: Why not look into Sterlingwear or Fidelity? They are US Navy suppliers (if I recall correctly) and if you size correctly, you'll only need to spend $50 or so at the tailor and you have a high quality US-made coat that will last you a decade for less than the cost of the Chinese-made J Crew joint. I have a Fidelity from 3-4 years ago that I beat up and it still looks new.

Sterlingwear also does a camel peacoat for you camel freaks:

I'm sorry, Whut? :lol:

I have a brown Ben Sherman messenger that I'm trying to replace (Filson or JCrew Abingdon), but it's an everyday. Not switching contents of my bag to mach/coordinate with my outfit.

Is it that serious? SRS question.

You are suppose to match your leathers, not many people do it but it just looks more thought out. Switching contents is a pain and another reason I didn't bother.

Makes sense for someone on the East Coast. While it gets cold over here, keeping my legs warm is never a concern. I feel like topcoats make me look short... mid-thigh is a perfectly length for me (pause).

TheTim11: Why not look into Sterlingwear or Fidelity? They are US Navy suppliers (if I recall correctly) and if you size correctly, you'll only need to spend $50 or so at the tailor and you have a high quality US-made coat that will last you a decade for less than the cost of the Chinese-made J Crew joint. I have a Fidelity from 3-4 years ago that I beat up and it still looks new.

Sterlingwear also does a camel peacoat for you camel freaks:

Thanks, im gonna definitely peep them.

He's now a "team consultant", basically a famous face to attach to the team, like Hov/Nets, Usher/Cavs, numerous celebs/Dolphins.
Give it a week before he raps about this. Or sing :lol:

You are suppose to match your leathers, not many people do it but it just looks more thought out. Switching contents is a pain and another reason I didn't bother.
Even the guys from MC don't follow this rule, man. It's a stupid rule that's on the same level as changing out your watch strap. I don't even match the belt to shoes sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom