Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For some reason I can't find a blazer to fit my arms at the right length then if they do the blazer gets to be too long.

And also have the same problem as Wes in some of the blazers I'm trying on, they just make me look bigger than I am.

This is frustrating

maybe try a cropped blazer? they're intentionally cut shorter so it might look like a normal length once you find one that fits your arms, i think that gq x gap blazer is cropped a bit shorter if your local store has one you can try. Tailor will take care of if it making you look larger

Last edited:
For some reason I can't find a blazer to fit my arms at the right length then if they do the blazer gets to be too long.

And also have the same problem as Wes in some of the blazers I'm trying on, they just make me look bigger than I am.

This is frustrating
Altering the length of sleeve is an easy job most tailors can do. Worst case is going MTM or bespoke.

maybe try a cropped blazer? they're intentionally cut shorter so it might look like a normal length once you find one that fits your arms, i think that gq x gap blazer is cropped a bit shorter if your local store has one you can try. Tailor will take care of if it making you look larger
A cropped blazer looks only good if you are of a smaller to average height/weight ratio IMO. Wes is like 6'3", it would look weird on him.

that was to kal el, if he has to get long sleeves but then the blazer looks too long, getting a cropped blazer in theory would come out looking normal. 

Altering the length of sleeve is an easy job most tailors can do. Worst case is going MTM or bespoke.
A cropped blazer looks only good if you are of a smaller to average height/weight ratio IMO. Wes is like 6'3", it would look weird on him.

Altering the bottom part of a blazer is possible?

that was to kal el, if he has to get long sleeves but then the blazer looks too long, getting a cropped blazer in theory would come out looking normal. 

Thanks man. Will def look into a cropped one.

I'm aware of that. Kal is in the process of shredding the lbs so he's above the weight/height ratio at the moment. He recently asked for some suggestions on pants size 36. I used to be a size 36 too, and no way would I looked good with a cropped look.

It's tough when you're outside of the average build to buy clothes OTR, same goes for body builders too.

Edit: altering the bottom of the blazer, I wouldn't do it...it would throw off the pattern, ie the total legth of the vent(s).

Last edited:
the idea would be that if he has to buy a longer cropped blazer it would look like a normal blazer, since by the time he gets sleeves he likes on a normal blazer it's too long. 

the idea would be that if he has to buy a longer cropped blazer it would look like a normal blazer, since by the time he gets sleeves he likes on a normal blazer it's too long. 
I understand your concept.

Cropped blazer are not longer though. They're marked as sizes, there's no short, regular, or long.

A cropped blazer fits snug overall too, with higher armholes and waist suppression. It may work or not for the guy. Tailoring a jacket is almost necessary even on MTM. This is why bespoke has multiple fittings.

Last edited:
Never thought of myself as very brolic but today I went to H&M to try on some blazers cause my local store had them for $30 and BOGO free. I tried on a 44 and a 46 and both were tight as hell. I only own 2 suits, both of which were bought from Men's Warehouse my freshman year of college :smh: and they're both 40s and fit loose/relaxed but good on the shoulders, just gotta find a good tailor.

To those interested, my company redid www.saksoff5th.com. They currently have a soft opening with a friends & family going on for 30% off until Oct 1st I believe. Sign up for their MORE email list to get an additional 30% off the discount price.

Hey_

30% off at Land's End and Land's End Canvas.

Free shipping, $50 minimum.

Use code: Grand, Pin: 2055.

Ends 9/1.

Julius F. Wrek

What is your guys' opinion on sizing up to account for shrinkage?

I usually try to stick with cotton-poly blends on my casual wear (I.E polos, sweaters, crewnecks, etc.) because they tend to keep their shape and still fit after multiple washes but recently I have been looking to pick up some flannels and most of them are usually 100% cotton.

Should I stick with a true to size approach and keep them out of the dryer?

Or size up and hope they shrink to the correct fit?

For some dress shirts I've sized up to account for shrinkage and regretted it. Especially BB ones, I have a couple that are way too big in the collar. So unless I know for sure it shrinks I try to avoid do that

Complete outfit, since I'm posting more regularly on my tumblr I'd like to get more traffic to it. Follow me if you're not already!

Last edited:
Those Mayflys are so clean, I need a pair
Recent pick ups. Gonna go to the mall and look for some socks after the game. Any recommendations on sites or places to go for socks for a decent price?

Got my jackets back from the tailor as well. $224 well spent IMO.
The before pics are in the spoiler for reference:

After.
Btw, this is without a jacket on underneath, unlike the before pic:

Arm was tapered throughout and sleeve was shortened:

Waist suppressed and sleeve shortened:

Decided to get the arm tapered on my thrifted camel peacoat as well:

Also, here are some more random shots:
This is with the herringbone blazer worn underneath the topcoat:

And a model shot for kicks :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom