Drake says he's the first person to successfully sing and rap...

Just a bunch of dumb **** being spewed in here.
Let's put it this way: Maaaaybe Lauren Hill back in her prime, but Drake is the only person who can put out a strictly R&B album and a strictly rap album and still do numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at but dudes wanna take Max, Ja, and 50 signing on hooks and try to shut down what he's saying.

The Love Below didn't do numbers?

808s and Heartbreaks wasn't a hit? Drake and 40 been copying 808s for years.

Drake fans are so funny to me, I can envision them singing aggressive **** in the monitor while defending their hero and doing overtime at the YMCMB Internet Fort Camp.

50 Cent was global phenomenon back in his days, there wasnt a soul with a radio or TV that didn't at least hear about that guy. Fast forward 10 years...nothing. He's finished. Nobody cares. Aggressive content and harsh realities caught up.

And, to make further points, 50 teamed up with Dre and Eminem back then. Dre was poppin due to his excellent album and tour, and Eminem was, well, Eminem. It was incredible. G Unit could sell farts on CDs if they wanted to.

Look at them now.

So anyone saying Drake will be relevant 10 years from now...get off that computer, take that garbage momma told you to take out, wash your face and go outside. YOLO!

Look at some of your choices on here people.....just because a dude spit a few bars doesn't mean he can rap and just because he harmonized on a hook doesn't mean he can sing. A lot of reaching and cloudy memories here with some folks trying proclaim any/everyone is a singer/rapper.

If you are an artist.....I hope your *** can at least carry a tune or a jingle....damn.

Drake fans are so funny to me, I can envision them singing aggressive **** in the monitor while defending their hero and doing overtime at the YMCMB Internet Fort Camp.

50 Cent was global phenomenon back in his days, there wasnt a soul with a radio or TV that didn't at least hear about that guy. Fast forward 10 years...nothing. He's finished. Nobody cares. Aggressive content and harsh realities caught up.

And, to make further points, 50 teamed up with Dre and Eminem back then. Dre was poppin due to his excellent album and tour, and Eminem was, well, Eminem. It was incredible. G Unit could sell farts on CDs if they wanted to.

Look at them now.

So anyone saying Drake will be relevant 10 years from now...get off that computer, take that garbage momma told you to take out, wash your face and go outside. YOLO!

50 Cent singing a few fixed hooks on his record doesn't make him a singer :lol:

now tell us why Drake won't be relevant in 10 years; you still seem to be avoiding answering it

Force mds where doing it first whodini did it first. of course he would say this garbage in a Jewish newspaper you really think someold Jewish people listen to any modern day music .So yeah he gets in front of them and lies and embellishes his career.Dudes so corny I'm ashamed we let him make it this far.

Last edited:
]
The Love Below didn't do numbers?
808s and Heartbreaks wasn't a hit? Drake and 40 been copying 808s for years.
I was waiting for a Kanye rider to come in here; Kanye can't sing so throw that right out of the window

But he was still successful doing it. I also don't think it's a coincidence that So Far Gone popped off the way it did the spring after Kanye released 808's.

As was Outkast with The Love Below ("Hey Ya" and "Roses" were enormous in 2004), and even before that with "Ms. Jackson" off Stankonia.

Just a bunch of dumb **** being spewed in here.
Let's put it this way: Maaaaybe Lauren Hill back in her prime, but Drake is the only person who can put out a strictly R&B album and a strictly rap album and still do numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at but dudes wanna take Max, Ja, and 50 signing on hooks and try to shut down what he's saying.
Maaaaybe Lauryn Hill. Are you kidding. I do believe she put a rap album out in the Fugees second album out (let's not act like she wasn't the reason people bought it) and an R&B album with her first solo record and they both did better numbers than Drake will ever see. And last I checked Cee-Lo did plenty of rap albums before he started only singing and he was still getting good numbers. So Drake is not the only one and definitely not the first.

SMH. two years ago when the NT virgins idolized Drake, I said one thing and I will say it again:

This dude is not my cup of tea.

I think he should drop the rap and go all out with the "singing avenue".

I dont even know what to call it. Emo rap maybe?

His song brand new bangs though

50 Cent singing a few fixed hooks on his record doesn't make him a singer
laugh.gif

now tell us why Drake won't be relevant in 10 years; you still seem to be avoiding answering it
Your backwards logic can never be satisfied.

50 Cent example was used for popularity comparison. If you can sit in front of your mirror and sing falsetto to yourself about Drake being popular now then 50 in his prime, then say it so I can fully backpedal out of this trollfest.

50 Cent was peaking worldwide sold everything he put his signature on - now, 10 years later, MIA.

Drake is success now, his singing (if we gonna be nitpicking) isn't singing per se, it's the same **** Pharrell did, only you wont admit it because your love for Aubrey is unprecedented. So, just like 50 slid off his worldwide fame to barely being relevant in NY, you can expect that same scenario only quicker for Drake.

Why? Do you want me to tell exactly why so you wont type about me avoiding the question? OK. I'll tell you why.

Because that's how it works.

]
But he was still successful doing it. I also don't think it's a coincidence that So Far Gone popped off the way it did the spring after Kanye released 808's.
As was Outkast with The Love Below ("Hey Ya" and "Roses" were enormous in 2004), and even before that with "Ms. Jackson" off Stankonia.

808's success had nothing to do with So Far Gone; Drake had been building a big buzz well before 808's

I am not arguing Drake is the first to do it; I am arguing with all the clowns who jock rode Drake two years ago and now try to clown his every move which to me is just a sign they feel like he became too big for them

Drake was a clown then. He's still a clown today.

If I wanna listen to soft raps and singing I'll throw on a TLC record

Your backwards logic can never be satisfied.

50 Cent example was used for popularity comparison. If you can sit in front of your mirror and sing falsetto to yourself about Drake being popular now then 50 in his prime, then say it so I can fully backpedal out of this trollfest.

50 Cent was peaking worldwide sold everything he put his signature on - now, 10 years later, MIA.

Drake is success now, his singing (if we gonna be nitpicking) isn't singing per se, it's the same **** Pharrell did, only you wont admit it because your love for Aubrey is unprecedented. So, just like 50 slid off his worldwide fame to barely being relevant in NY, you can expect that same scenario only quicker for Drake.

Why? Do you want me to tell exactly why so you wont type about me avoiding the question? OK. I'll tell you why.

Because that's how it works.

for the record; I own none of Drake's albums; I am just here to balance people like yourself

50 Cent made the same album over and over; that is why he isn't relevant anymore; you start off everyt response with an insult then go on to repeat the same thing over and over

Drake isn't repetitive?

LOL cmon. Balance me? Huh? And who are you, zen master of Nike Talk LOL

And this is why they select jurys who have no knowledge or affiliation with cases.....Folks can't give unbiased opinions or posts without their feelings about said artist interferring, and that goes both ways.

Chilllllll

Back
Top Bottom