Drake says he's the first person to successfully sing and rap...

LMAO 

One would think that the internet exposed many many things to people, one of them being music industry and how those things work.

Apparently, it didn't. Or you don't pay any attention. If you think Drake will be relevant in 2022. you're pretty...um...well, no need to even address it. I'm just high-five you on your enthusiasm for Aubrey, I bet you feel all kiiiiiinds of tingles when you hear his mellow voice singin and then switchin to rap, right?

It touches your feminine side and then switches to straight thuggery.

Champagne Papi for president LOL

trying to throw insults at me to support an argument void of any supportive; relevant points

I guess he's not old enough to know that Cee-Lo actually rapped and rapped eight hundred million billion trillion gazillion infinity times better than Drake. I actually don't mind Drake but this dude is South Parkin' it bending over and smellin' his own farts. I guess he figured it was the Jewish Chronicle and only 80 year old white people from Florida would be reading it so no one would understand the lies falling out of his mouth.

HOW IN THE F*** DID I FORGET CEE-LO !?

trying to throw insults at me to support an argument void of any supportive; relevant points
I never said one bad thing about you, but I see internet thought you well how to cop a plea and crawl out of an argument.

Now all you need to do is reply to me with meme and we EPIC.

LOL

Drake in 2022. Oh laaawd.

I never said one bad thing about you, but I see internet thought you well how to cop a plea and crawl out of an argument.

Now all you need to do is reply to me with meme and we EPIC.

LOL

Drake in 2022. Oh laaawd.

still waiting for a reason why Drake won't be relevant in 2022 while you continue to do the same thing

still waiting for a reason why Drake won't be relevant in 2022 while you continue to do the same thing
LOL if you're trolling me - I gotta say you got me. I got got. LOL

And if you're not trolling me...

Who would have thought Nelly would disappear the way he did?

Drake is going to continue to put out the same music over and over. People will get tired, someone relevant will diss his repetitive sound and whining. Come on, Drake won't be around forever. 5-10 years. The world goes through changes and people will want a different sound.

The look on Layzie's face says it all.........................

:smh:

Bizzy's too :rofl:

Who would have thought Nelly would disappear the way he did?
Drake is going to continue to put out the same music over and over. People will get tired, someone relevant will diss his repetitive sound and whining. Come on, Drake won't be around forever. 5-10 years. The world goes through changes and people will want a different sound.

you can't compare Nelly to Drake; two completely different rappers

I get NTers didn't like the content of "Take Care" but the masses did; Drake has staying power and isn't a on trick pony...Nelly lived off bubble gum rap songs which fit the time period

I'm done trying to reason with NT and the little bubble that NTers put their opinions in

I mean it wasn't all that long ago we had Cam'ron one of the GOAT threads going

Hill would body this square fake thug.

Tbh Dmx was the one that designed that blue print and ja to fifty to drake ran with it. :/

This.

And this channels back to 1995 and probably earlier...

He was singing his *** off back on that "Unleashed and Unreleased" EP...

Bone Thugs are not to be ignored either...

Agree, but 5-10 years? Pshh more like 3-5.

Last edited:

Sales dictate relevancy, Nelly went DIAMOND and still fell off, you think going Gold in 2012 is gonna give you lasting power in Hip Hop? :rofl:

BIGGER Artist's have gotten wack, understand the ebb and flow of popularity young man.......

you can't compare Nelly to Drake; two completely different rappers
I get NTers didn't like the content of "Take Care" but the masses did; Drake has staying power and isn't a on trick pony...Nelly lived off bubble gum rap songs which fit the time period
I'm done trying to reason with NT and the little bubble that NTers put their opinions in
I mean it wasn't all that long ago we had Cam'ron one of the GOAT threads going

You can definitely compare the two. Two soft rappers that make radio music and like to sing. They're both making music that are perfect for their time period.

For the record.....

Nelly >>> Drake

My biggest problem with this thread is people trying to predict Drake's future while he's in his prime. When Ja, Nelly, 50 and whoever was selling 5+ million an album. Everyone was thinking they'd be around forever and never fall off.......the same way some of you are thinking about Drake.

AND, Drake's formula is VERY similar to Ja Rule. Everyone singing love songs and sad songs. Acting like women, just like Ja did for a few years. Wait for the kids to toughen up and a rapper with the right machine punks him and takes over.

I can definitely see where he was coming from with that statement. Everyone that was named in this thread did it and did it well, but few if any of them were in Drakes situation where his singing is as popular as his rapping. If someone wants to contest this then please do so cause I went through the list of people that were post and couldnt really say that any of them had it like that. Not to argue but I wanna see a different take on it.

It was always one or the other for most of them. People would have rather heard 50 rap instead of sing and Vice Versa for someone like Cee Lo (not my opinion but you guys saw what happened when he started singing primarily) Drake could really pick either one and see the same amount of success with it. Hes not off base with his comments.

Stillin29 is making some good points in this thread, NT used to love Drake then something changed IDK what it was cause IMO his music has just been getting better and better.

Last edited:
Sales dictate relevancy, Nelly went DIAMOND and still fell off, you think going Gold in 2012 is gonna give you lasting power in Hip Hop? :rofl:
BIGGER Artist's have gotten wack, understand the ebb and flow of popularity young man.......

where did I mention anything about sales? Niketalk is a very small segment who follow the leader; hence why you have all turned on him but he has only become a bigger star since.

I am done arguing; 2 years ago y'all woulda been like "yeah Drake's swag is :smokin, he def. is the first one!"

Drake does make some soft @#% records like Marvins Room but most of his R&B songs are dope. He's not the first to do it but I think he's the first male (Lauren was first) to do it on a mainstream level and still be respected as a rapper. Nelly wasnt close to the rapper that Drake is. The flip flopping on this site is crazy.

Last edited:
Just a bunch of dumb **** being spewed in here.

Let's put it this way: Maaaaybe Lauren Hill back in her prime, but Drake is the only person who can put out a strictly R&B album and a strictly rap album and still do numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at but dudes wanna take Max, Ja, and 50 signing on hooks and try to shut down what he's saying.

Back
Top Bottom