Drake says he's the first person to successfully sing and rap...

Just a bunch of dumb **** being spewed in here.

Let's put it this way: Maaaaybe Lauren Hill back in her prime, but Drake is the only person who can put out a strictly R&B album and a strictly rap album and still do numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at but dudes wanna take Max, Ja, and 50 signing on hooks and try to shut down what he's saying.

so you've never heard a single CeeLo/Gnarls Barkley song?

I swear I just heard the new drake/aaliyah song on the radio recently
nerd.gif
Yeah Drake's an emotional guy and his deep emotional connections with his emotional side provides him with some incredible Yolo-like sing-rap possibilities that could only be fully utilized with some female singing in the background.

So he chose Aaliyah, because she was a good singer and Drake's fine precision emotions understand her pain and the publicity he'll get after digging up songs of a woman that's been gone for 10 years.

Now let me moan in front of the mic and make sure you put some discreet autotune on it to further emphasize my deep emotions towards strippers and Houston.

Well . . . he's sort of right

Who was that last rapper to not only successfully rap about saving strippers, sleeping in his mother's basement, and catching bodies like that on the same album and then still go platinum not once, but twice. Hell, I even think the So Far Gone mixtape EP went Gold when it dropped in stores.

People say Lauryn Hill, but they obviously not in the same lane.

Lauryn hill is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Drake in both.

Phonte of Little Brother takes a dump on him in both aswell.

Bizzy Bone also did it before him

oh and i forgot cee lo too way better and before him lol

Last edited:
Just a bunch of dumb **** being spewed in here.
Let's put it this way: Maaaaybe Lauren Hill back in her prime, but Drake is the only person who can put out a strictly R&B album and a strictly rap album and still do numbers. /quote]

what do numbers have to do with anything? sure hes gonna do numbers because his label pays for radio and video play and so thats all these kids hear...

Cee lo, Lauryn Hill, Phonte all can do what drake does a billion times better

Why do people keep saying Phonte? I think y'all are missing the keyword here, "successful".

you are confusing "successful" with "mainstream". Don't get it twisted, Little Brother def has/had a fan base. Had that ish with 9th and Phonte NOT happened they prolly woulda got a little bigger. That really cut their potential short. Foreign Exchange is a grammy nominated group (yea they didn't win, but they must have been doing SOMETHING right to get noticed) .....they get that international tour date bread. What is you talking 'bout homie? :lol: :lol:

Cee-lo rapped /sang well with a group.... dang near revolutionized "southern rap".... then he did by himself.... Then he was like "eff it.... I'm done rapping, lemme SANG on these fools" Made ANOTHER group.... St. Elsewhere and Odd Couple are two of the hottest albums of the 00's. DID YOU NOT FORGET 'CRAZY' WAS LIKE SONG OF THE YEAR IN '09-'10!? :lol: :lol: :lol: Song was everywhere!!! Tell me something... is Prince going around making remakes of 'Thank Me Later'? OOOOOOOH, cuz he sang 'Crazy' live at a concert. Prince.

I ain't 'eem gon' mention 'F*** You'

Sometimes I feel bad that I'm apart of the musical generation , man :smh:

Drake is wrong. It's that simple.

But, he probably DOES alternate between the two more "successfully" than any other artist we've seen. He's accepted for both of a very mainstream level. And he can go back and forth (no pun) better than any other artist. No one is allowed to do both as freely and smoothly as Drake. Most of these people you guys are naming have to almost completely stop one to do the other...successfully.

But, Drake's statement is wrong. (I didn't read the article, admittedly)

But, he probably DOES alternate between the two more "successfully" than any other artist we've seen. He's accepted for both of a very mainstream level. And he can go back and forth (no pun) better than any other artist. No one is allowed to do both as freely and smoothly as Drake. Most of these people you guys are naming have to almost completely stop one to do the other...successfully.

THIS

People who try and preach their opinion like it is biblical law are amusing. If you disagree say so and keep it moving. Quit trying to get disciples and followers.

Have you listened to Lauren Hill by chance?

I mess with Drake's music and all, but this statement right here is false bra bra.

I hope YMCMB ain't got him on that white stuff yet :smh:

Last edited:

Bobby Brown back in the 90's?

People who try and preach their opinion like it is biblical law are amusing. If you disagree say so and keep it moving. Quit trying to get disciples and followers.

I feel you. Just state your opinion and bounce. People beating their opinion over peoples heads repeatedly until they agree. :lol:

Reminds me of this Family Guy episode.

Last edited:
Are dudes really in here naming Ja and 50? You'd buy a album of Ja singing? Word. He certainly isn't the first, but very few have done it though. For him to be first anything is kinda crazy though when Phonte fathered his style, and he's pretty open about it.

Back
Top Bottom