Do you regret not voting?

Sir San Diego Sir San Diego And black gun ownership scares the living hell outta these clowns. :lol:

If you ever need info on who to vote for, politics, hit me up. Cause I might pick your brain on some other **** too.

You know I'm a gun owner, so respect on that. The black gun owner "whys" are very similar to the black voter "whys".

And yes I'll be bugging the hell outta you on election advise.

Aaah yes, that's why no war was fought to uphold the institution of slavery.

That's why no schools were ever integrated

That's why no civil rights act passed congress and got signed into law

That's why no confederate statues got taken down last weekend

Is this why so many democrat members of congress voted to pass the ACA, knowing it would political suicide?

If you believe the civil war was fought to end slavery you need to do some research homie.

At the fourth Lincoln-Douglas debate, held in Charleston, South Carolina, the “Great Emancipator” began with the following [transcript courtesy of the National Park Service]:

“While I was at the hotel to-day, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the negroes and white people. [Great Laughter.] While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it. I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.] My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes. I will add to this that I have never seen, to my knowledge, a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men. … I will also add to the remarks I have made (for I am not going to enter at large upon this subject,) that I have never had the least apprehension that I or my friends would marry negroes if there was no law to keep them from it, [laughter] but as Judge Douglas and his friends seem to be in great apprehension that they might, if there were no law to keep them from it, [roars of laughter] I give him the most solemn pledge that I will to the very last stand by the law of this State, which forbids the marrying of white people with negroes. [Continued laughter and applause.]”

The great Abraham Lincoln.

If you believe the civil war was fought to end slavery you need to do some research homie.

The great Abraham Lincoln.

You misinterpreted his comment. He said the war was fought to uphold slavery not that it was fought to end slavery. There is a difference.

The South fought the war to keep slavery, the North wanted to keep the union together.

The Republicans were formed to end slavery, for many reasons. They wanted to transition off of it, which was cowardice, but still. The South knew with the Republicans in power slavery would no be allowed in new states, and attempts would start to end it in the South.

Lincoln is no angel, but he did do the right thing at the right time that lead to the right outcome. Which was slavery ending.

If he never died and Reconstruction was done right, America would have been much better for it.

To all those ppl who voted (for Hillary) and are angered/offended by those of us who didn't: congrats, your candidate lost. What do you want, a cookie? Do you ever stop to think, how would it have been if Hil did win? Maybe not blatanly open racism and prejudices, but perhaps the continued systemic racism and discriminations. The hidden, secret conspiracies, selling out to the highest bidder, lies upon lies screwing over Americans....that was the knock on her right? Every news freaking out about our emails and ishh. We were doomed ever since Bernie was out and if you were anything like me, you didn't care, Trump or Clinton. Both were/are going to be failures. In all honesty, Trump getting elected IMO is a good thing; as his continued idiocy and irratic behaviors will sooner than later will open up the eyes of more ppl to realize, "Whoa. We really blew it. How did we let things get this bad. We've got to do something about this..."

Oh and for those saying you should voted for [insert random alternative here] instead of Trump/Clinton, that's ridiculous. Just a waste of time and effort it DEFINITELY wouldn't matter.

[Gets of his soapbox]

I agree Hillary winning would have been bad ( but NOT this) not just because of her (rumors, 90s prison, dumb emails) but because this nation is sexist. She would have been torn down to the max.

And though this nation is screwed now, it is making people more aware.
EVERYONE must acknowledge this nation has a lot more racist people then they thought.

I believe after trumps presidency we will have have multiple years of democrats and then years of independents.
The GOP is dead after this disgrace of a presidency.

For the sake of our(all of us) safety, I needed to vote for Hillary.

Someone needs to make a program that redistributes people in the US. State your occupation, capability to move, and skills, then connects those people in NY or CA with jobs in swing states related to their skills.

I agree Hillary winning would have been bad ( but NOT this) not just because of her (rumors, 90s prison, dumb emails) but because this nation is sexist. She would have been torn down to the max.

And though this nation is screwed now, it is making people more aware.
EVERYONE must acknowledge this nation has a lot more racist people then they thought.

I believe after trumps presidency we will have have multiple years of democrats and then years of independents.
The GOP is dead after this disgrace of a presidency.

For the sake of our(all of us) safety, I needed to vote for Hillary.

I don't think this is the case at all but I hope your right. People still seem to be apathetic to actually coming out and making that a reality. 2018 is only a year away.

There are elections this year too.

VA, NJ, have statewide elections this year.

But yeah, when it comes to fighting back against Trump, the midterms are a massive deal

You misinterpreted his comment. He said the war was fought to uphold slavery not that it was fought to end slavery. There is a difference.

The South fought the war to keep slavery, the North wanted to keep the union together.

The Republicans were formed to end slavery, for many reasons. They wanted to transition off of it, which was cowardice, but still. The South knew with the Republicans in power slavery would no be allowed in new states, and attempts would start to end it in the South.

Lincoln is no angel, but he did do the right thing at the right time that lead to the right outcome. Which was slavery ending.

If he never died and Reconstruction was done right, America would have been much better for it.

I know what he saying. He's using the civil war as a way to say people in power cared about black people rights. Which is false. He brought up integration, civil rights too to say the same thing and that's false.

**** Lincoln. He was another WS.

I know what he saying. He's using the civil war as a way to say people in power cared about black people rights. Which is false. He brought up integration, civil rights too to say the same thing and that's false.

**** Lincoln. He was another WS.
You changed what he said though, that was my point.

Just because you believe something, does not make it true. The Republican party was form as a coalition meant to end slavery.

There were tons of people that thought of slavery as disgusting and wanted African Americans free, yes some that even supported that cause we're racist pos. But you cherry pick **** you try to avoid conceded the smallest points.Thse stubborn hardlines stances can't mask half truths.

Yes, ending slavery and the Civil Rights act we're not purely motivated by white people wanting to advance the rights of black people. But it was a major driving factor. And those things still advanced the rights of black people.

No one is saying it is perfect, they are just acknowledging the change. And like I said before, I don't give a **** about if these mother ****ers care about me, I care that they do **** to advance Civil Rights
That goes for Lincoln and LBJ. And on aggregate, both did.

When the right people, have enough power, at the right time. Gains can be made

I'm not giving credit to a WS. Linclon was a blatant racist. He did not care about freeing anybody.
No one is asking you to just give credit to a white supremacists.

They are asking you to acknowledge history

Condemning his racism and conceding his good acts don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
I'm not giving credit to a WS. Linclon was a blatant racist. He did not care about freeing anybody.

Yes and no.

http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

Lincoln did believe that slavery was morally wrong, but there was one big problem: It was sanctioned by the highest law in the land, the Constitution. The nation’s founding fathers, who also struggled with how to address slavery, did not explicitly write the word “slavery” in the Constitution, but they did include key clauses protecting the institution, including a fugitive slave clause and the three-fifths clause, which allowed Southern states to count slaves for the purposes of representation in the federal government. In a three-hour speech in Peoria, Illinois, in the fall of 1854, Lincoln presented more clearly than ever his moral, legal and economic opposition to slavery—and then admitted he didn’t know exactly what should be done about it within the current political system.

Abolitionists, by contrast, knew exactly what should be done about it: Slavery should be immediately abolished, and freed slaves should be incorporated as equal members of society. They didn’t care about working within the existing political system, or under the Constitution, which they saw as unjustly protecting slavery and slave owners. Leading abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison called the Constitution “a covenant with death and an agreement with Hell,” and went so far as to burn a copy at a Massachusetts rally in 1854. Though Lincoln saw himself as working alongside the abolitionists on behalf of a common anti-slavery cause, he did not count himself among them. Only with emancipation, and with his support of the eventual 13th Amendment, would Lincoln finally win over the most committed abolitionists.

But

Though Lincoln argued that the founding fathers’ phrase “All men are created equal” applied to blacks and whites alike, this did not mean he thought they should have the same social and political rights. His views became clear during an 1858 series of debates with his opponent in the Illinois race for U.S. Senate, Stephen Douglas, who had accused him of supporting “negro equality.” In their fourth debate, at Charleston, Illinois, on September 18, 1858, Lincoln made his position clear. “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,” he began, going on to say that he opposed blacks having the right to vote, to serve on juries, to hold office and to intermarry with whites. What he did believe was that, like all men, blacks had the right to improve their condition in society and to enjoy the fruits of their labor. In this way they were equal to white men, and for this reason slavery was inherently unjust.

Like his views on emancipation, Lincoln’s position on social and political equality for African-Americans would evolve over the course of his presidency. In the last speech of his life, delivered on April 11, 1865, he argued for limited black suffrage, saying that any black man who had served the Union during the Civil War should have the right to vote.

This is exactly why hardy anything gets carried on in the black community. White people carry on things and objectives from generation to generation but some of you new *****s seem to have forgotten or just become to self-absorbed to think about others before you and even after you. You gotta realize....the enemy of MY enemy can be your ally when thought of and utilized properly. Learn how to play chess champ.....stop playing checkers.

Yea, sounds nice but has no merit. Blacks don't have a unified objective, so there is none to carry forward for the future generations. Only thing agreed on is to vote Democratic like a robot. And Dems don't gotta cater to them cus they already signed up with no benefits. Free labor then, free loyalty now. There must be a need to evaluate what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Swing all you want, you'll never land a punch if your shadow boxing.

No I don't. I didn't trust either one. I knew chump would win because there are a lot of closet racists walking around out here. I hate that it has come to this, but I don't feel me going in would have made any change.

Yea, sounds nice but has no merit. Blacks don't have a unified objective, so there is none to carry forward for the future generations. Only thing agreed on is to vote Democratic like a robot. And Dems don't gotta cater to them cus they already signed up with no benefits. Free labor then, free loyalty now. There must be a need to evaluate what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Swing all you want, you'll never land a punch if your shadow boxing.

I'm not just talking about carrying forward voting habits champ. I'm talking about generational money and assets, knowledge, traditions, kitchen receipts and everything else in between. Too many of us in this day and age are focused on self and not thinking about our past, and how to move forward and carrying forward a FAMILY legacy. Voting....even in a local election is a small piece of the puzzle, but a piece of the puzzle nonetheless.

^^ Well, if thats what you talking, then that doesn't rebuff my initial statement. I do agree will all your points here regarding to passing down a formula for overall success. Being aware, active, and engaging in the political process is important. However aside from local elections, the current process needs major reform since we ending up having to pick " the lesser of two evils".

interested to hear the views of Methodical Management Methodical Management on this topic.
I-Voted.png

I can appreciate the impulse to deny those politicians who take our votes for granted, to send the message that "my vote must be earned, and you've done nothing to deserve it." Goodness knows I've felt that way in my youth. However, as sympathetic as I am to the "lesser of two evils is still evil" argument, that's why it's important to participate in the primary process, vote in local elections, and be engaged.

Candidates like Donald Trump don't just love low turnout, they require it. That's a vote they don't even need to suppress. They don't need "poll observers" to intimidate someone who doesn't show up. They don't need modern day poll taxes or poll exams to keep non-voters away.

If we're not using our right to vote to push back against disenfranchisement and voter suppression, we aren't just silencing ourselves - we are complicit in the silencing of others.

Back
Top Bottom