Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I thought for a sec it was but I’m hearing no one wanted a KC / 49ers Super Bowl so.. if they were going to rig it wouldn’t they rig it in a way that would maximize profits and tuning in?

KC has a large fanbase now but outside of CA I don’t think the Niners have a big following?

I thought for a sec it was but I’m hearing no one wanted a KC / 49ers Super Bowl so.. if they were going to rig it wouldn’t they rig it in a way that would maximize profits and tuning in?

KC has a large fanbase now but outside of CA I don’t think the Niners have a big following?

Niners have one of the biggest fan bases I think cause of Montana and Rice. I think. And then California just has so many people.

They used to have a big nationwide fan base back in the Jerry Rice days. I feel like if they remain championship contenders consistently, its going to be a lot of people Homer Simpson stepping out of the bushes in 49res gear.

Good points.

I’m here in NorCal so obviously I see Niner gear everywhere. I’ve always been a Niner fan but just never watched football a ton. Been watching a bit more lately but I guess I didn’t know we had a huge following outside of CA.

Kelce and Swift

i think sports fans that root for specific players across random/multiple teams vs. an actual team (singular) are lesser sports fans.

(not saying you can't like players on other teams)

*flame suit on*

I feel like that whole thing is something only people from major cities even worry about. I hear this conversation a lot in Houston. They think you're supposed to root for the city you're from or at, thats it. Absolutely not thinking about the fact that a MAJORITY of Americans don't live in a city with a sports team. Some don't even live close to a city with a professional team. What if you live in Kosciusko, MS? Who are you supposed to root for?

I feel like that whole thing is something only people from major cities even worry about. I hear this conversation a lot in Houston. They think you're supposed to root for the city you're from or at, thats it. Absolutely not thinking about the fact that a MAJORITY of Americans don't live in a city with a sports team. Some don't even live close to a city with a professional team. What if you live in Kosciusko, MS? Who are you supposed to root for?

i don't think rooting for a team from a different place is a big deal. i'm talking more about folks who switch teams as players come and go or they find new players to stan

Pick a team. Stick by them through the thick and the thin. That’s the “real” sports experience. Filled with bad seasons but it makes you appreciate the good times even more. Doesn’t matter if the team is your hometown or not. Just pick one and dedicate.

Those that choose to be fans of just the top players of every sport, or any sport, just want to enjoy winning as much as possible. No loyalty to any team, they just want to see their player win.

i think sports fans that root for specific players across random/multiple teams vs. an actual team (singular) are lesser sports fans.

(not saying you can't like players on other teams)

*flame suit on*

Just @ him next time

wavycrocket wavycrocket

Funny enough, I USED to think this too. And still mostly do. I think rooting for your home team is a good thing.

That said, When it comes to the NBA…it’s #ALA and against LeBron teams all day 😇

Pick a team. Stick by them through the thick and the thin. That’s the “real” sports experience. Filled with bad seasons but it makes you appreciate the good times even more. Doesn’t matter if the team is your hometown or not. Just pick one and dedicate.

Those that choose to be fans of just the top players of every sport, or any sport, just want to enjoy winning as much as possible. No loyalty to any team, they just want to see their player win.
424CCE6B-F235-42CC-8A74-FF5506A3563B.gif

Back when there were only local channels it kind of made sense you'd be a fan of the team you were forced to watch/follow. Now you can follow any team you like and not miss a game if you choose to do so.

i don't think rooting for a team from a different place is a big deal. i'm talking more about folks who switch teams as players come and go or they find new players to stan
I'd think a lot of people who just roll with a player, don't feel right just picking a city they don't have anything to do with...or at least EYE wouldn't.

What about folks that are fans of whoever. My favorite players of all time are WIll Bynum, Mark Price, TJ Ford, Marcus Banks, and Keyon Dooling.

Have I been robbed of the real sports experience as well?

Back
Top Bottom