Do You Buy Drinks for the Females at the Bar/Clubs? Vol. No Simpin'

only once...but it was after dancing with this chick for a few songs and i asked if she wanted a drink...
but never when i initially meet a girl...im tight on cash haha
i remember this one fugly chick came up to me to buy her a drink, i pointed to my friend and told her to ask him....that simp actually bought her a drink alongwith few other chicks....dude left empty handed at the end of the night

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

to some people its really not that serious DC...everytime this comes up you go so hard about not buying women drinks...thats fine...but to some people its no big deal...no science behind it...it just doens't bother them...
You can't use the "It is not that serious" comeback man.

I am really trying to figure out what motivates you to do it

There is science/reason behind EVERYTHING. Don't say there is no science behind it

If you do it because you want to hit by the end of the night, then say that. But if that is NOT your reasoning then I want to know what motivates you to spend$ on a stranger with NO HOPES of getting ANYTHING in return. It goes against all forms of logic

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

TraSoul82 How about everyone buy their OWN drinks?

Would you say it is RUDE for me to buy a drink and NOT offer to buy HER a drink?

I heard a female tell me it is "common courtesy" to buy a girl a drink if you dance with her. I wanted to smack the hell outta her after she said that.

smh.gif
Naw, that ain't right.
laugh.gif

But I mean... you go out to have fun and enjoy yourself and your surroundings. It's really not a big deal to offer to buy someone a drink if you'reenjoying their company/conversation. The objective is to have a good time and if everybody's feeling wavy, mission accomplished
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

only after you're talking to them and it seems like theres something there. never do it to start a conversation or as a pickup line
Exctly! Last time I hit the bar... I waited for her to order then I slid over and asked her what she ordered. Forgot what she said but I asked herfor the first sip and she let me hit (the drink that is)
laugh.gif

Random people? Hell no.

Friends of mine that are girls? Sure. Most of the time it's just that I don't want to ask for change back, so I buy extra beers and give them to theladies.

TraSoul82 How about everyone buy their OWN drinks?

Would you say it is RUDE for me to buy a drink and NOT offer to buy HER a drink?

I heard a female tell me it is "common courtesy" to buy a girl a drink if you dance with her. I wanted to smack the hell outta her after she said that.
I'm just saying, if it's an understood situation where she gets the first round, I get the next, then aight. I would agree because thetypical female wouldn't do that. If I wasn't really feeling her, I would ask her to dance after the first round, then "somehow" get lost inthe crowd.

You never answered my question though. WHY did you feel the NEED/PRESSURE to buy her a drink though? I understand you wanted a drink, that is fine. Take care of YOURSELF. But why her? What was going through YOUR mind when you made the decision to buy her a drink?

Pressure of her thinking you weren't a "real man"?
Trying to impress her?

Break it down for me because I don't see how people are so easily moved to spend $ on a person that is a complete stranger and most likely won't see them tomorrow.

Did you hit?
Get the number?
Get head in the bathroom?
Anything?

Or did you let her get away with squandering another free drink from another dude? Because that is how THEY look at it. It is an ego boost for them

I just thought i was being courteous. Im getting a drink, it'd be rude not to ask if she wanted one. I gots a girl, i was not gamein'. I was nottrying to big myself either.

My dudes were going at me hard about this. But IMO, its all or nothing for my dudes. Either they your going home with em, or they aint messing with you. Ialways tell em' to kick back and enjoy yourselves.

Originally Posted by jehims

only once...but it was after dancing with this chick for a few songs and i asked if she wanted a drink...
but never when i initially meet a girl...im tight on cash haha
i remember this one fugly chick came up to me to buy her a drink, i pointed to my friend and told her to ask him....that simp actually bought her a drink along with few other chicks....dude left empty handed at the end of the night

You should have smacked your man for buying that girl a drink
laugh.gif

Did he say WHY he did it. Did he hit?
laugh.gif
Or was he being"courteous"
laugh.gif

Sir Rob A Lot wrote:

I just thought i was being courteous. I gots a girl, i was not gamein'. I was not trying to big myself either.

My dudes were going at me hard about this. But IMO, its all or nothing for my dudes. Either they your going home with em, or they aint messing with you. I always tell em' to kick back and enjoy yourselves.

Ok

If you have a GIRL, then what are you doing buying this girl a drink?

You HAVE to see where I am coming from with this.

Her: Comes to the club, does nothing. Rubs her butt on you. Gets a FREE drink
You: _____________________

What did you get out of this? The Law of reciprocity, "Do things hoping to receive benefit in return."

What did you get out of this? And again, being courteous does not mean you have to spend $ on a random girl that you don't plan on doing ANYTHING with? Itmight sound harsh but why are you concerned about being courteous in a CLUB setting? That is such an oxymoron.

PLEASE try to think about it logically because I am bothered that you are missing the point

when I didn't drink, I got more offers.

Now, if I'm with a group of guys who I know, they usually offer a drink--last stranger to offer me a drink was an African. I downed my drink andconsequently had to leave cuz my homeboi got in a fight
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I felt kinda bad....

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Also, it wasn't like these broads just came up to me and asked for a drink.
So just say if a vicious female came up to you and DID ask you for a drink. Randomly. How would you act? Be honest and explain your reasoning
glasses.gif

It might sound harsh but why are you concerned about being courteous in a CLUB setting? That is such an oxymoron.

PLEASE try to think about it logically because I am bothered that you are missing the point
Nah, I see you son. In all honesty, i did not expect anything more from these girls. Guess i was really just giving up a free drink last night.

i always got dudes comin up to me sayin "take this pill" or "meet me in the bathroom in 5 minutes"

it's flattering and all, but i don't go that way.

Yea I'm not coming down on you, I just hate to see females get over on us.

You don't need to feel obligated to buy a stranger ANYTHING. It is YOUR money, you dancing with her and she is dancing with you. No need to give her $(essentially what you are doing). You aren't being RUDE if you DON'T buy them drinks man. You don't know these girls. Women already have this senseof entitlement and it is our faults as dudes. Not making them work for ANYTHING.

Glad you understand where we are coming from. Just don't go back to your old ways man LOL.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

^ no you didn't...you got a free drink and saved a few dollars...lo.

NAH FOR REAL!!!

I even drove 40 mins outta my way to have lunch wit' 'em the next day cuz I felt bad
frown.gif

grin.gif
don't get it twisted tho--he putin on my tank and you daft if you think I paid for that meal

Also, it wasn't like these broads just came up to me and asked for a drink.
So just say if a vicious female came up to you and DID ask you for a drink. Randomly. How would you act? Be honest and explain your reasoning
glasses.gif

Real talk, I'd say no.

There was one time last summer, one chick was trying to get my dude to my get her a drink. She kept pursisting......my boy said ight. They walked over to thebar, my boy ordered the drinks, grabbed his, then while walking away, told her "Now pay for it".

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i always got dudes comin up to me sayin "take this pill" or "meet me in the bathroom in 5 minutes"

it's flattering and all, but i don't go that way.
roll.gif
How is it flattering that they are telling you that youlook like the type to go in the bathroom with a random dude. That is what they are saying when they ask you something like that

If you are single, and the vibes are good between you and another girl, what's the matter with asking if she would like a drink? Some of you dudes put toomuch thought into what you do/don't do when you are out. There's no science to it.....

Real talk, I'd say no.

There was one time last summer, one chick was trying to get my dude to my get her a drink. She kept pursisting......my boy said ight. They walked over to the bar, my boy ordered the drinks, grabbed his, then while walking away, told her "Now pay for it".
So would you consider what he did as RUDE? Be honest
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom