Do you believe in marriage?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

My thoughts.

I appreciate marriage. It has wonderful benefits and a good marriage (doesn't even have to be your own) is something to cherish and appreciate. Here's the rub. I think human evolution and the evolution of medicine has made marriage harder to sustain. We live entirely too long to consider marriage a feasible option for everyone. We live 30-40 years longer than we did 100 years ago. That's a crazy stat. I am not saying that it is impossible, but asking to hold someone's attention and be the object of every one of their desires for THAT long will only get harder and harder. I see marriage as almost a casualty of the evolution of humans and medicine.
This explained a lot to me. Thank you.
hmm...No offense, but I really can't tell if you are being patronizing or not.

My thoughts.

I appreciate marriage. It has wonderful benefits and a good marriage (doesn't even have to be your own) is something to cherish and appreciate. Here's the rub. I think human evolution and the evolution of medicine has made marriage harder to sustain. We live entirely too long to consider marriage a feasible option for everyone. We live 30-40 years longer than we did 100 years ago. That's a crazy stat. I am not saying that it is impossible, but asking to hold someone's attention and be the object of every one of their desires for THAT long will only get harder and harder. I see marriage as almost a casualty of the evolution of humans and medicine.

Oh no, I feel I know you better. Nothing bad. I just see where you're coming from.

How many animals out in the wild are monogamous? It is not in our nature to be shackled down to one person for eternity.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

nah son has a point,

when you do it solo (in my case, my company), we answer to no one but ourselves. You gotta keep business/personal relationships separate. I get approached by chicks who wanna "model" or "sing" all the time....and 9/10, if i wasnt doing what I do (lifestyle mkting, event planning etc) I wouldnt even get approached by half these chicks.I know a hustler when i see one.

in our relationships (particularly my business partner/best friend who's a female), our biggest and latest concern is people who wanna talk to us for what we can do for them. I'm not gonna be the one working my *#$ off whille some chick eats off me. My barber said some real !%# one day...he said "Women will be with you on a timetable. If you aint on her terms within her timetable, watch how things get."....that was one of the realest things I've heard in my life.

Those are two separate things. There's a difference between a groupie and a girlfriend.

If one shares an apartment/home. Additional to the fact that they are both making substantial income it is far easier to achieve wealth with someone else.
That isn't even taking into account the tax breaks.

Marriage these days is harder than ever... our generation are some selfish/unfaithful people

My thoughts.

Nobody is living longer, just less children dying.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How many animals out in the wild are monogamous? It is not in our nature to be shackled down to one person for eternity.

That has nothing to do with marriage though. Atleast not the type I will be in. Asa lama lencom

Generally: yes. For me, I'm not sure.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

My thoughts.

That isn't true.

Originally Posted by NeOSoLe

Marriage these days is harder than ever... our generation are some selfish/unfaithful people
Cosign.
We are human. Thats why we don't eat our own waste and we can reason.

Cosign.

Human's are animals though, god.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

My thoughts.

That isn't true.

laugh.gif
ok. We may have MORE people living longer, but the average age hasn't changed. The fatality rate from ages 0-6 have decreased, which in turn causesthe average age to rise. Also people who would've died at say 60 now live to 70. But to say we are living 30-40 years longer is ridiculous.

The sanctity of marriage is something that is truly at a crossroads right now, with divorce rates skyrocketing and more people vying for common law I can seehow many would lose their affectations towards it. People lately, I will agree, have been getting married for all the wrong reasons: to pacify a baby mama (orbaby daddy), for papers, or maybe just from the fear of being alone. Marriage is one of the biggest decisions that a person can make, a lifetime of commitment,which is growing increasingly difficult for today's society to handle. Everything is so accessible and dispensable that divorce has just become anothercommonality, I guess it's safe to say that divorce is the new marriage. Regardless, I believe that marriage is possible if two people are getting marriedfor the right reasons. Being a man's wife will never lose meaning to me, even if it's losing (or already lost) its meaning to the rest of society!

I am such a hopeless romantic!!

michelle

Cosign.

x2

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

if i'm having your kids i'm not gonna just be your baby moms or 'your girl' the rest of my life...i'm gonna be your wife...

This is something I never understood, why don't people take the effort to work things out when they have a child out of wedlock instead of having that typeof relationship. Then she's messing with other dudes and you other women through out the whole process
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

if i'm having your kids i'm not gonna just be your baby moms or 'your girl' the rest of my life...i'm gonna be your wife...
What she said. So, yes.

Yeah, because humans have intelligent levels of wild animals. What are you comparing us to animals for?
Habits of wild nature does not correlate into marriage being deemed frivolous. Nature took its course with humans and monogamy won out.

Damn...Come to think of it, in my little prose I just wrote I developed the line of thinking that evolution takes its course right along with nature andmonogamy is only the latest when it comes to marital norms, in a long line of history where polygamy was once considered the norm. So maybe monogamy won'tsustain?

Screw it...I just got too deep again. Ya'll can sort it out and when the times right I'll decide if marriage is right for me.
laugh.gif

Cosign.

OK scratch that, do YOU think we should stick to one person or be free to do whatever?

Cosign.

OK scratch that, do YOU think we should stick to one person or be free to do whatever?

I don't think the same goes for everyone. What is vital for me isn't always what is vital for you. Like I said, not everyone is meant tobe married...and this is of no fault to them. It's just the way it is.

Im getting married next month. FTL or FTW? Only time will tell. But the tax benifits and hopefully be getting that govt money
pimp.gif
. Especially since its only my income supporting my girl, our daughter, and I.

Cosign.

I don't think the same goes for everyone. What is vital for me isn't always what is vital for you. Like I said, not everyone is meant to be married...and this is of no fault to them. It's just the way it is.

I peep that. But I just can't stand for peeps to go spread their seed everywhere.
sick.gif
You know how many people I know with deadbeat or non-existent fathers? Itsstaggering. My problem is I've heard that excuse of, "we're not meant to settle down" or "I'm a man and I have needs" time andtime again. It does more harm than good, especially when it falls into the wrong hands.

Originally Posted by eleet1

Im getting married next month. FTL or FTW? Only time will tell. But the tax benifits and hopefully be getting that govt money
pimp.gif
. Especially since its only my income supporting my girl, our daughter, and I.
FTL...I can tell already.

Unless you're joking.

Back
Top Bottom