Divorces with Single Moms Are Most Difficult According to Divorce Lawyer

Can’t even lie, when I think of the lazy stay at home wife it white women.

When I think of the (single) mother that exclusively takes care of the children at home it’s black and brown women.

I’ve always found it difficult to take the advice of a Professional in any area Of the medical field serious when that person is not an exemplary representation of healthiness themselves.

Are you saying her weight makes her opinion invalid?

I just wanna know how this leap was made am I reading this right?

I’ve always found it difficult to take the advice of a Professional in any area Of the medical field serious when that person is not an exemplary representation of healthiness themselves.
Weird take when those in health care are often required to sacrifice their own health and well being to care for others. Hard to take care of yourself when you’re forced to work long shifts with no breaks etc. Being the exemplary representation of healthiness often means fitness is your job. Like an athlete. These people have professional chefs, trainers etc. Health care workers being smart and dedicated is what’s saving lives, not having a six pack.

Are these “my woman is gonna have to work” takes coming from folks who are unmarried / without children?

I’m curious if the line of thinking would change over time.

This.

I’m sitting here reading the replies thinking the same thing.

My wife left the traditional workforce when we had our first son (12 years ago). Hasn’t had to return since I’m fortunate enough to do well in a steady career.

For us (emphasis) it made/still makes more sense for one of us to be at home full time.

We have 3 children, and the cost of before & aftercare would eat through a very good salary and then some.

We haven’t even factored in the benefits of Summer Vacation, Sick/Snow Days, school trips, etc.

Bottom line is Western Culture forces families to choose: live comfortably (financially) with two incomes and struggle trying to raise a family, or have less income but more flexibility.

We chose the former; I know it’s not for everyone, but working well for us.

No … I’m saying that I’ve always found it difficult to take the advice of a Professional in any area Of the medical field serious when that person is not an exemplary representation of healthiness themselves.

The culture is changing with increased emphasis on work life balance but the high cortisol levels amongst health professionals kills. If you expect your health professional to be in perfect health you probably shouldn't see one. Surgical residency got 24 years olds looking like they are in their mid 30s
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/05/190515110311.htm

Interestingly, doctors have a relatively high life expectancy which I found surprising. I guess you just suffer for your first few years then live a cush life when you're older..

This.

I’m sitting here reading the replies thinking the same thing.

My wife left the traditional workforce when we had our first son (12 years ago). Hasn’t had to return since I’m fortunate enough to do well in a steady career.

For us (emphasis) it made/still makes more sense for one of us to be at home full time.

We have 3 children, and the cost of before & aftercare would eat through a very good salary and then some.

We haven’t even factored in the benefits of Summer Vacation, Sick/Snow Days, school trips, etc.

Bottom line is Western Culture forces families to choose: live comfortably (financially) with two incomes and struggle trying to raise a family, or have less income but more flexibility.

We chose the former; I know it’s not for everyone, but working well for us.
That's how I look at it. I would prefer for a parent to spend the majority of the time with my child.

I'm not against daycare, grandparents, etc, but I wouldn't want that to be a primary option

And it just seems like two working parents with a kid complicates things. Picking the kid up from school, feeding, and just other decisions like you mention seem like a hassle. Do-able but a hassle.

That's how I look at it. I would prefer for a parent to spend the majority of the time with my child.

I'm not against daycare, grandparents, etc, but I wouldn't want that to be a primary option

And it just seems like two working parents with a kid complicates things. Picking the kid up from school, feeding, and just other decisions like you mention seem like a hassle. Do-able but a hassle.

Right.

Another thing that hasn’t been mentioned is income level. All this popping off on what will/won’t occur means nothing if you aren’t a top earner for your geographic area.

Let me be clear: having a parent choose to stay home is a privilege. It’s a luxury that most families don’t have the option of considering.

Work life balance is a whole bother thread, but this also needs to be considered.

I'm a feminist so I believe women should work.
Running a home is work though. You’re saying a woman should earn money. Two totally separate things. Pretending raising children and caring for them isn’t work is hilarious. It also suits men who want to continue to do less than their partners but reap all the benefits of the unpair labor they provide. Easiest way to continue that is to act like house work is irrelevant and worthless. Pretty anti feminist take IMO. As long as a person is happy and fulfilled and what they’re doing is in agreement with their partner then why should they need to be earning money to feel personal satisfaction?

Plenty of studies and articles out there showing men think they’re doing their fair share at home but it doesn’t add up.

I think a lot of couples approach family planning with socially determined rigid expectations of what the man and woman roles are in the family.

I make way more than my wife but she also makes enough where I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice that extra income for her to stay home. Which means we have to both share domestic work and get help where we can to supplement it.

Are these “my woman is gonna have to work” takes coming from folks who are unmarried / without children?

I’m curious if the line of thinking would change over time.

No.

It's a red flag to me if any woman says anything about wanting to ever be a stay at home mother. No thanks.

I'm on the younger side so If I'm being completely honest most of these young women out here can't cook anything beyond chicken alfredo. I've probably had if I had to guess around 10 women from the age 20-25 cook for me and only 2 of them can beat me in the kitchen.

If they can't teach better than me, or cook what I want them at home for? I'm not going to say clean because every adult needs to clean up after themselves and if you don't you're just a dirty individual with no home training.

No.

It's a red flag to me if any woman says anything about wanting to ever be a stay at home mother. No thanks.

I'm on the younger side so If I'm being completely honest most of these young women out here can't cook anything beyond chicken alfredo. I've probably had if I had to guess around 10 women from the age 20-25 cook for me and only 2 of them can beat me in the kitchen.

If they can't teach better than me, or cook what I want them at home for? I'm not going to say clean because every adult needs to clean up after themselves and if you don't you're just a dirty individual with no home training.

Facts. The domestic abilities of some of these women doesnt leave much to be desired. :lol:

My wife can cook but I also love my cooking so we split that duty. It may be cheaper to get a maid than to turn my wife who makes 6 figures into a full time housewife.

Last edited:
Facts. The domestic abilities of some of these women leaves much to be desired. :lol:

My wife can cook but I also love my cooking so we split that duty. It may be cheaper to get a maid than to turn my wife who makes 6 figures into a full time housewife.

With my current situation I cook for both of us 3 out of 5 times a week.

She actually just signed up for a cooking class (her idea, not mine). If we were to get married and had kids the cost of child care would not be more than what she is about to make as a dentist.

I agree with the , " highly strange on unprofessional thing to post in public."

I would imagine you wouldn't want to post things like that being in THAT position.

Definitely a conflict of interest but she’s on TIKTOK doing that mess. There’s videos of surgeons doing surgery on people and dancing while doing so. So unprofessional.

Professionalism is also at an all time low but that’s a discussion for another day

Running a home is work though. You’re saying a woman should earn money. Two totally separate things. Pretending raising children and caring for them isn’t work is hilarious. It also suits men who want to continue to do less than their partners but reap all the benefits of the unpair labor they provide. Easiest way to continue that is to act like house work is irrelevant and worthless. Pretty anti feminist take IMO. As long as a person is happy and fulfilled and what they’re doing is in agreement with their partner then why should they need to be earning money to feel personal satisfaction?

Plenty of studies and articles out there showing men think they’re doing their fair share at home but it doesn’t add up.

Where did I say running a home wasn't work? Also where did I say it should be a woman's responsibility to solely run the home?

Where did I say running a home wasn't work? Also where did I say it should be a woman's responsibility to solely run the home?
Your post said that you’re a feminist so you believe women should work. You were implying they should be employed and earning money. If that WASNT your implication then I misread your post. You didn’t say women should be the only ones doing housework. And I can clearly tell by your posts that you cook clean etc. which I think is great. And I’m sure it’s great for your partner.

My general issue is the idea that you can’t be a feminist and be a home maker. I’m of the opinion that it’s up to a couple to define what they what their set up to be. I don’t think we should be saying that women MUST be a part of the traditional workforce to fall within feminist ideals. I don’t think men should have to be either in order to feel self worth. If it works for your relationship for the man to stay home then that’s great too.

I’m not attempting to imply YOU aren’t doing your fair share, just that in many situations women are doing the most of the unpaid labor. They’re also generally working TOO. And I think this idea that ties a woman’s worth to earning potential is bad. That’s all. And the same goes for men. If a man is staying at home it doesn’t make him some dead beat if that’s what’s best for his family.

I guess I’m looking for an explanation as to why a woman needs to be employed if she’s a feminist.

Back
Top Bottom