Divorces with Single Moms Are Most Difficult According to Divorce Lawyer

IMO, It’s weird that people are more protective over an inanimate objects then they are over their own children. I use the cell phone example because have been lead to believe that things matter more then people. I trust the mother of my children to bring them up in alignment with what we value more then I do people I don’t know.

You ask a lot of rhetorical questions. If you are a teacher why would you ask me something that you should be a subject matter expert on?

For the sake of the conversation I’ll start with something simple. I don’t want my children eating gmo Frankenstein foods. Sure I could pay an exorbitant amount for a private school where better food is served or send them to school with a packed lunch.

My preferred approach is to use the relationship humans have with food and the preparation of it as the curriculum itself. Agriculture Biology Economics History Geography Mathematics are just basic stuff that has gone into the planning of a meal.

It’s not normal for humans to be “washed” at 30-40 years old. A lot of it starts with the food habits people grow accustomed to eating when they are younger. Why would I subject my children to that when there is someone who loves them more then anyone on the planet and I know they are going to teach them our way ?

I ask the questions because even though I may think I know what you're going to say, I'm not going to assume or pre-judge what your viewpoints are. I do troll a lot on this site but that question was actually meant in good faith.

(ALSO I was told by a specific poster on this forum that teachers are not experts on the matter of education and that PARENTS should be the deciding party and have full control when it comes to curriculum.)

Is your main issue with the public school system ONLY nutrition? Why not just give your child a packed lunch?

There is a value in exposing your children to other people's values and lifestyles while raising them on yours. I'm also not qualified to home school anyone. What I look like teaching my child AP calculus. Academically, being with other children in school also fosters healthy competition and motivation. I'm not raising weird sheltered children. I also don't want these MF at home all day. :lol:

Shouldn't you want your child exposed to other people? Sounds like a cult to me.

I don't see a scenario where my child would be optimally prepared academically home schooled. Even if I had the time to do that which I absolutely do not. :lol:

And school lunches can be terrible (albeit delicious) but that's literally 1 meal. You can feed them salads and kale smoothies for breakfast and dinner to balance that out. When they get home.

I ask the questions because even though I may think I know what you're going to say, I'm not going to assume or pre-judge what your viewpoints are. I do troll a lot on this site but that question was actually meant in good faith.

(ALSO I was told by a specific poster on this forum that teachers are not experts on the matter of education and that PARENTS should be the deciding party and have full control when it comes to curriculum.)

Is your main issue with the public school system ONLY nutrition? Why not just give your child a packed lunch?
I’m not against an honest build. If you troll with your questions you know that’s likely the type of response you’re going to get.
Nutrition is not the only issue. Most children come from broken homes. Hurt people hurt people. No point in subjecting my children to that for the sake of “social development.” I answered in my previous post about packed lunches.
There is a value in exposing your children to other people's values and lifestyles while raising them on yours. I'm also not qualified to home school anyone. What I look like teaching my child AP calculus. Academically, being with other children in school also fosters healthy competition and motivation. I'm not raising weird sheltered children. I also don't want these MF at home all day. :lol:
I don’t live in the US. Alternative methods of educating children are a normal thing where I live and there is a thriving community for it. When it comes to the things that I value, children in the US wouldn’t stand a chance.

Ironically wouldn’t you say as a result of technology and the pandemic most kids are weird, sheltered, and stay at home all day?

I notice some of the staunch "stay home mom, no way" tend to be younger dudes. They covet the little they have at the moment and can't imagine it stretching that far or see far enough to themselves being so financially well off at some point. Had the same thought when I was younger though.
You want a woman who wants to be a stay at home wife?

I’m not against an honest build. If you troll with your questions you know that’s likely the type of response you’re going to get.
Nutrition is not the only issue. Most children come from broken homes. Hurt people hurt people. No point in subjecting my children to that for the sake of “social development.” I answered in my previous post about packed lunches.

I don’t live in the US. Alternative methods of educating children are a normal thing where I live and there is a thriving community for it. When it comes to the things that I value, children in the US wouldn’t stand a chance.

Ironically wouldn’t you say as a result of technology and the pandemic most kids are weird, sheltered, and stay at home all day?

I see what you're saying however sheltering children from others socially out of fear isn't going to help them in the long run.

Believe it or not the vast majority of these gen z kids are way more accepting of people with differences than the generations before them.

Is there still messed up and mean kids? Yeah but that's life. There is going to be mean people, there is going to be people you don't like. School is the time for them to learn how to deal with those issues.

Actually there are studies that have shown how this pandemic and lack of social interaction have adversally affected children. So yes its been a problem. I wouldn't put my children though that on purpose. :lol:

I don't know what country you live in but I want my children to become doctors, engineers etc. I don't see me giving them an education at home that would make them competitive academically. Alternative education doesn't work for certain high level topics such as the STEM fields. I also don't have the time to restudy and effectively teach my children AP calculus or literature. Biology is the extent of my competence and confidence as an educator.

Please provide data on this "most children come from broken homes" assertion. :rofl:

WASHED KING WASHED KING
Fear isn’t involved, it’s just a matter of selecting what the made most sense.
Adversity and struggle are inevitable in life. Each person has to select the adversity they want for themselves and potentially for their family.

deusavertat deusavertat mentioned exposing your children to different lifestyles and cultures. I think one of the driving ideas behind that is that you want to expose your children to different ways of thinking and viewing the world. One of my desires in exposing my children to different cultures would be that if they saw something done better then we are currently doing it, they would have the courage to share and expand that idea. I say that because my life is a reflection of that. My parents took us around the world and we were able to see a lot of things that people in the US don’t. It’s allowed me to be a more efficient adult and not waste time on things that don’t matter.

So it’s always funny to me when people mention cults and the lack of development when most US citizens are part of the biggest running cult out there and they lack the development that is necessary to process a world view outside of the cult that has been normalized for them by way of the public school system.

I'm legitimately curious to see how people successfully home school their children to be competitive academically and in the real world.
I’d never do it and I had a typical schooling experience, but my two younger sisters were both homeschooled. Sorta a long story as to how it happened but my one sister is a doctor and the other is a teacher. My mom also has some friends who homeschool their children and they went to Harvard and are quant traders now.

In the case of my sister who is a physician, my mom paid to outsource much of it and she received online instruction from people with doctorate level degrees. Homeschooling doesn’t have to mean you’re the teacher. That said, I’d send my children to school.

To the rest of y'all, I think its obvious what C.Magneto C.Magneto is referring to about leaving your children with strangers. That type of potential danger is sadly quite frequent to violence or sexual abuse.

Besides your children will get enough exposure to different ppl having differing values, cultures, and lifestyles in school.

No need to have your young child around random strangers if you don't have to.

IMO, It’s weird that people are more protective over an inanimate objects then they are over their own children. I use the cell phone example because have been lead to believe that things matter more then people. I trust the mother of my children to bring them up in alignment with what we value more then I do people I don’t know.
Again mostly agree but I feel like parents usually checkout/research and sus out babysitters, daycares, and full time nannys before just giving their kids to them.

But I'm thinking of myself and what I would do in that situation so maybe others are far more careless.

Last edited:
Tourist activities are not a substitute for immersion in other cultures. :lol:
I’ve lived in almost 30 different countries. I don’t think that classifies as tourist activities.
No need have your young child around random strangers if you don't have to.
Ultimately what it boils down to. I answered the original question. I am not saying it has to be my way.
Let's just say the GMO agenda isn't the only "agenda" he's worried about

I'm patiently waiting for the truth to come out.

It's close.
This isn’t the thread for what ever agenda you are attempting to antagonize. My culture speaks for itself. In the same way you would respect a Muslim declining pork, I politely request that same respect be given for declining to have my children brought up by strangers whose cultural imperative may not be in alignment with my own.

None of what you've said here gives me the impression that you were actually open to learning anything from those cultures given your obsession with sheltering your children from other cultures. :lol:

Yea...definitely cultish.

The only agenda I push on this forum is the one of Lebron James. All I did was ask questions.

I want to hear about these dark and terrible cultural practices being pushed in public schools. I can't seem to find them between the Pythagorean theorem, the War of 1812 or reading Beowulf.

I for one am extremely critical of America's education system for a variety of reasons but one I am not worried about is indoctrination because that is simply not happening.

Are schools underfunded? Yes
Are schools not providing an equal education to all students? Yes
Are schools indoctrinating students? No

A good teacher is supposed to provide students with the facts and knowledge to make informed decisions. The goal is to teach students how to think critically, solve problems, and make their own decisions. You can't do any of those things without providing students and children with the entire truth.

The very top of Bloom's Taxonomy.

Last edited:
Whether you like it or not. No matter what side you stand on POLITICALLY. You will pass on your beliefs to your child.

A parent is a child's first teacher no? I've seen 8 year old's talk about how terrible Joe Biden is. Do you think any child that young has any serious knowledge about politics to make that statement or are they just repeating what they hear at home?

I also saw young kids call Trump the worst president ever...(granted they actually had concrete reasons but for the sake of the argument)

So no I don't want my wife to stay at home to home school my child in the name of education because then I would be doing him/her a disservice.

None of what you've said here gives me the impression that you were actually open to learning anything from those cultures given your obsession with sheltering your children from other cultures. :lol:

Yea...definitely cultish.

How many countries have you lived in?
I want to hear about these dark and terrible cultural practices being pushed in public schools. I can't seem to find them between the Pythagorean theorem, the War of 1812 or reading Beowulf.
- Benjamim Franklin Discovering Electricity
-Isaac Newton Discovering Gravity
-America being discovered by Christopher Columbus
-The Food Pyramid being healthy
-Pyramids being built by slaves
-The Rothschild Family who was deeply entrenched with slavery developing the backbone of curriculum that most public schools still used today
-Insufficient financial literacy
-The removal of musical instruments from schools

I could go on.

I answered the original question. I do not intend to derail the thread any further. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom