Dirk Nowitzki Ready to Opt Out... per sources/Marc Stein (*Breaking News*)

Come to the Raptors and replace Chris Bosh, Dirk
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Mavs fans....would you be content in keeping Dirk with the possibility that he's further away from a championship in Dallas, or would you be ok in seeing him leave to get a better shot at getting a ring? Can you respect his decision as a player if he decides to leave?
Not only would I respect his decision to leave, I WANT HIM TO LEAVE.
This franchise has not done enough to help him get what he deserves, and thats a NBA Championship.
Yeah we got to the finals, but it was all on his back, and Pat Riley just decided to beat Dirk up every game and it worked.
It worked because he had no one to fight with him. It was clearly 5(Heat players)+3(refs) against Dirk at all times.
Even Jordan needed teammates that would rebound when needed, hit big shots every now and then, get his back when things got dirty.
Dirk hasn't had that. There have been times when I talked bad about Dirk for being soft, but nobody gets busted up more than him and still performs.
Cuban has owned this team for 10yrs. and still hasn't done anything to give this team a real force in the paint, offensively or defensively.
Dirk deserves better but Cuban is too selfish to give it to him.

Dirk shot 38% that series. No way you can blame his teammates. And the refs angle is old too considering the Mavs were up 2-0 and up 13 with 4 minutes to go in game 3. Did the refs decide just then to start cheating for Wade and the refs? Or maybe Wade drives to the basket to take advantage of the no handcheck rules while Dirk shoots fadeaways all day despite being guarding by guys who go 6 inches shorter than him.

I mean, when the same guy was the only #1 seed to lose to a #8 in a 7 game series, only the 2nd MVP to get eliminated in the first round, the only team to go up 2-0 in a finals and lose 4 straight, and then top it off being a #7 getting eliminated by a #2 seed, then you have to shoulder a lot of that blame.

Mavs fans love to downplay Dirk's teammates in order to pump Dirk up, while giving Dirk all the credit and then dispersing the blame to everyone else. Dirk has had better supporting casts in his career than everyone save for Shaq, Kobe, and maybe a close tie with KG.

He played with the 2 time MVP for *!$%# sake

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at all the people talking about they want dirk on their team.  have y'all really seen this dude play in dallas, not just the highlights on ESPN when his jumper is on?  you really want a 7 footer that consistently settles for jump shots or fade aways, rather than drive to the basket for easy twos or and1's?  i won't even discuss the no defense policy he has. 

i sound like i'm hating, so i'll fall back. 

good luck to that man in whatever he decides to do. 

I'm opting out would add fuel to this summer's free agency frenzy if he seriously considered other teams besides the Mavs.

smh.gif
frown.gif

This happends will all good players, they're in some place +8 years then leave and finish their careers.

Who's next? Tim Duncan?

Lets just have LeBron or Wade come to Dallas and Dik will stay
smile.gif

Originally Posted by n1rb

if dirk wants to win a ring then he better make a move.. he probably got 2-3 good seasons left in him then he'll just be another mediocre has-been who needs to retire

i say he has 3 good seasons left. better spend those in a team with a much younger but more talented group, not with kidd, marion, dampier and terry.

Well if he always makes his jumpers and fadeaways, what the hell is wrong with him taking it? not to mention he is one of the most clutch players to step into the league.

He doesn't always make them. Although you can't say anything negative about his offense individually in the last few playoff outings, although they still were all chokes. But at least he played well in them so his fans can be more justified in blaming everybody else.

^ Tim Duncan has rings though, so your point makes no sense.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Bron needs player who plays well under pressure and is a playoff type of player. DIRK and Bron would be the same ol situation: great 65 win season with a 2nd round exit.

Lebron needs Wade, or even Rose (who has ALWAYS played well in the playoffs)
I don't get why Dirk still gets crucified like some sort of terrible playoff performer. His team ran into a buzzsaw that year and he ran into a defense that  tore his heart out. Every other year, dude has played his %*! off in the playoffs.

Dirk would kill in Miami. He should leave Dallas. Dallas aren't going to be any better and without him they'll be nothing.

Yup, he should bolt for another team, although he will most likely get a new contract with the Mavs. He's been there for over a decade and with three different core groups (Nellie and the Big Three era, Avery and Howard/Terry, and now Carlisle and Kidd). It just hasn't been enough to win it all, for whatever reasons. 10 seasons of 50+ wins and no championships...that's just bad luck or a curse right there. Plus, we all know Stern hates Cuban so if conspiracy theories are true then don't expect the Mavs to ever hoist the trophy with Cuban as owner.

Dirk still can play for 5-6 more years at a high level though, IMO. He'll still be able to score 20+ ppg as the first or second option on a team for the next three years and then by his final 2-3 years, he can be a solid 2nd option or a great 3rd option, still putting in somewhere between 15-17 ppg. It's really hard for me to see a big decline in his game because in the end, he'll always be a great shooter.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Dirk is opting out and re-signing for a bargain price like he said he would this whole season.
why opt out if he's signign for a bargain????

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

He doesn't always make them. Although you can't say anything negative about his offense individually in the last few playoff outings, although they still were all chokes. But at least he played well in them so his fans can be more justified in blaming everybody else.

you dont have to justify reality
its has always been dirk who stepped up. not terry cloth brenda ericka

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I was expecting this all the way. Made financial sense.

And I don't see him penning an extension with Dallas until they make a major move to get him help.

Exactly, but this doesn't mean he's gonna leave. I think this is a ploy to get more talent around him. 

Even if dirk re-signed for a "bargain price" I'm pretty sure the mags would still be over the cap and unable to sign any FA to help out

Back
Top Bottom