Did Blowing into Nintendo Cartridges Really Help?

See, another piece of science tellin us we're wrong. They can't tell me it didn't work, that and the occasional alcohol soaked q-tip. Man, I'm gettin my NES and SNES next time I go home

I doubt it did but I know for sure what doesn't work.  Throwing them in the microwave.  One of my many anger fits in which the game reset on me while being close to beating it.  Hudsons Adventure Island got nuked that day for real.

See, another piece of science tellin us we're wrong. They can't tell me it didn't work, that and the occasional alcohol soaked q-tip. Man, I'm gettin my NES and SNES next time I go home
From what I read it's not saying it doesn't work. It's saying blowing in the cartridge damages it over time in various ways but it works anyway but you shouldn't do it. The final answer saying no it doesn't work is ********. There's no way blowing just happened to coincide with the game working on w/e try. It was definitely not by chance.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
hell i even did the freezer... if the game was hot to cool it down

I don't think it ever worked. If anything it was the moisture from your hot breath.

I think it specifically says on the back of the cart not to blow in it.

Now when I feel like getting my retro game on I clean the pins with a q-tip and alcohol before use.

I also hear taking your pin connector out of your NES and boiling it in hot water will do wonders! It'll tighten the pins back like the first day you got it!

what? lol just buy a new pin connector on ebay

Everybody knew blowing in the cartridges worked. And we didnt have no #twitter/social networks/text to spread the word. Its like every kid was just born with this knowledge

It always worked for me lol.

But my older uncles would always tell me the "moisture in my breath" would mess up the game, or something like that.

I remember my boy would stick his cartridges in the toiler (dont know why he didnt just use regular water if he was gonna do that
laugh.gif
) and it would work EVERYTIME after.
roll.gif

it helps, because it clears the dust on the connection point. but u can't be like spitting into it and corrode it lolz

i hate it when my data gets erased and i have to start all over. i would leave those RPG games in the system until i beat it, cuz i didn't want to lose my data, or i'd save all the saving slots. lolz

Back
Top Bottom