Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I know I said Saturday but who's tryin to run the raid tonight...
Waited to level my characters up before even attempting it now I have a 298 Hunter, 297 Warlock and 295 Titan without any raid gear whatsoever. :x Orxy and his whole fam gettin that work if we can get a squad goin.

If we can get a team to clear the raid with my first character an I get the mechanics down, I'll gladly try and get as many NTers through as possible on my alts.

LMK ya'll know I be on it. :lol:

Last edited:
I know I said Saturday but who's tryin to run the raid tonight...
Waited to level my characters up before even attempting it now I have a 298 Hunter, 297 Warlock and 295 Titan without any raid gear whatsoever. :x Orxy and his whole fam gettin that work if we can get a squad goin.

If we can get a team to clear the raid with my first character an I get the mechanics down, I'll gladly try and get as many NTers through as possible on my alts.

LMK ya'll know I be on it. :lol:

You honestly didn't need to be that high. All of us during our 2nd run last night were in the 295 range and had no problem with the wizards and Oryx. Meaning that that the previous 4 encounters are a joke. Mechanics are fun and very MMOish. Just make sure everyone has a good sniper, HMG (Rockets work but HMG is much much better option), and I say a scout but a pulse would work so you can stay midrange or farther out to kill adds.

Edit: If you know how to use the Jade Rabbit on yellows and bosses properly you NEVER and I mean EVER have to reload. It is insane weapon and has the range of a sniper.

Last edited:
I would also like to try the raid. Finally got my hunter to 290-291 light. If not tonight then sometime tomorrow

@Biggie62, here is what we have to look forward too! When all 6 of us have this done 
eek.gif
nthat.gif

We should have at least 3-4 of us with it next week at the minimum anyways 
nthat.gif

You honestly didn't need to be that high. All of us during our 2nd run last night were in the 295 range and had no problem with the wizards and Oryx. Meaning that that the previous 4 encounters are a joke. Mechanics are fun and very MMOish. Just make sure everyone has a good sniper, HMG (Rockets work but HMG is much much better option), and I say a scout but a pulse would work so you can stay midrange or farther out to kill adds.

Edit: If you know how to use the Jade Rabbit on yellows and bosses properly you NEVER and I mean EVER have to reload. It is insane weapon and has the range of a sniper.

Thanks Biggie... Just wanted to make sure I was ready. Didnt wanna have to keep wiping cause of DPS issues like in previous raids. Hopefully the fireteam prospers tonight.

Well for me I think I got one less than I would have last week. I think I got 6 packs from xur and ended up with 5 exotics so it was less than 20% and yes I farmed the same spot.

Edit I think I got 4 not 5.
Void fang vestments
The new warlock gauntlets (like my fifth or sixth pair)
Hereafter
Monte Carlo

All in all, I'm still cool with the farming tho I'm not happy I got nothing new.
I think weapons cost 23 coins and gear is what 16 or so? I used 42 coins so I still came out.

Are you saying you just farmed him w/o delays? Wasn't the nerf to 3oC putting a cooldown on it so we couldn't use it in succession like that?

Last edited:
Well for me I think I got one less than I would have last week. I think I got 6 packs from xur and ended up with 5 exotics so it was less than 20% and yes I farmed the same spot.

Edit I think I got 4 not 5.
Void fang vestments
The new warlock gauntlets (like my fifth or sixth pair)
Hereafter
Monte Carlo

All in all, I'm still cool with the farming tho I'm not happy I got nothing new.
I think weapons cost 23 coins and gear is what 16 or so? I used 42 coins so I still came out.

Are you saying you just farmed him w/o delays? Wasn't the nerf to 3oC putting a cooldown on it so we couldn't use it in succession like that?

I did 3 x 5 then went back and did it again.

I might be late but if you consume a mote of light and what ever you have equip will get leveled up....... shut the front door and close it

How long did it take you and what did you do? Prior to all the DLC I was 34 and the drops were great
Now that I'm back playing the drops SUCK! :smh:

Just grinded heroic strikes. Also when you decode blue engrams do it one at a time. Check that engram you just decoded if its a higher level then fuse it. Then decode another. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom