Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Im hoping you guys can help, as I have scoured the internet and can't find an answer.

I am currently level 354. However, I can't level up passed that. 

Every single engram I decrypt... EVERY blue engram, decrypts at 340. Strike, no strike, Archon Forge... doesn't matter. Every legend engram, exotic ngram, or blue item I find is 355. Not most, every single one.

Every piece of gear I have is 355. Except my artifact, which is 350. I believe this is what is causing the glitch, but I cannot for the life of me get one to drop. Still have the OG artifact from the quest.

Any insight, or even where I can get an artifact? I have tried leveling up Eris Morn, but twice I have gotten a class item. I have tried Court of Oryx but they all drop pre-DLC numbers.

I'm basically at a stand still and it's been like this for the last 6-7 hours of gameplay. It's pretty frustrating. 
mean.gif

Farm heroics or normal omnighoul with 2 friends. It's all luck based. I'm 355 and had numerous 357 blues drop for me when I was at 353
Yea, did it 3 times, got one exotic and 4 or 5 blues, and one legendary. All 355.

Last edited:
355 is a wall.

When I got stuck there I had to get a new artifact bcos it was holding me back and then I started getting 357+ drops once my LL was at 355 across the board.

You're either gonna have to level up eris and pray she has an artifact for you or you can use a skeleton key at the end of a strike and hope they drop you a new artifact.

Maybe try switching out some gear to go down a couple light levels and see if that changes your drops?

I think that worked for me when I hit a wall while leveling up in TTK

2-3 strikes you're calling a sample? Man you're tripping. That isn't a sample that's just plain bad luck :lol:

The grind is real. Keep running strikes and pray for RNGesus to bless you with higher gear. Literally spend the whole night in the strikes playlist and you'll start to get stuff. If anything the Skeleton Key loot should help.

I really don't like the idea of Skeleton Keys

It makes it easier to get the gear, but it also makes the gear less special

Yall complaining about hitting a wall at 355, I stopped playing before they raised the 320 cap and im struggling :lol:

Someone has some interesting "bugs" about the exotic Khvostov and the various firing modes:

It's a nice weapon on Full Auto but the entire reason it's Exotic is that it can swap between those three firing modes, so it's Exotic in that it can be like an Auto Rifle, a Pulse Rifle, or a Scout Rifle.

Right?

Well, no, because choosing any mode aside from Full Auto gimps your fire rate but does NOT boost your damage.

*****?

In PvP the 450 RPM mode on Full Auto will do 26 damage on a crit. Burst Fire? The same, pretty much. But at a slower rate than a Hawksaw, meaning it's literally a Hawksaw with a worse TtK. What about Semi-Auto? The same, meaning a Suros DIS-47 is once again "same but better" because it does more damage with the same kind of fire rate.

At 900 RPM it does 15 on a crit, just like Doctrine and such. If you put on Burst-Fire then it will still do 15 per crit.  So once again it's like having a Grasp of Malok that does tickle damage instead of its full 24 crit damage. Semi-auto, same deal, it still does piddly damage but you simply can't fire it fast enough to beat any other Scout Rifle.

The entire point of this Exotic is that it is customizable, but the extent of its usefulness is that it can be Full-Auto at either 450 RPM or 900 RPM because the other options are utterly pointless.

I haven't seen it in PvE yet but I'm assuming the damage carries over there too, where any 'real' Pulse Rifle or Scout Rifle will be far better than the Khovstov's imitations.

Conclusion: Khvostov's Burst-Fire and Semi-Auto firing modes should have the same kind of Damage:RoF ratio as actual Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles. High Impact Burst-Fire should be like Nirwen's Mercy or even Spare Change.25. Low Impact Burst-Fire should be like Hawksaw or Grasp of Malok. High Impact Semi-Auto should be like Hung Jury, Low Impact Semi-Auto should be like Suros DIS-47.

Because right now it does less damage than all of those guns, but with the same fire rate, making it an assist machine unless it's on Full-Auto.

Someone has some interesting "bugs" about the exotic Khvostov and the various firing modes:

It's a nice weapon on Full Auto but the entire reason it's Exotic is that it can swap between those three firing modes, so it's Exotic in that it can be like an Auto Rifle, a Pulse Rifle, or a Scout Rifle.

Right?

Well, no, because choosing any mode aside from Full Auto gimps your fire rate but does NOT boost your damage.

*****?

In PvP the 450 RPM mode on Full Auto will do 26 damage on a crit. Burst Fire? The same, pretty much. But at a slower rate than a Hawksaw, meaning it's literally a Hawksaw with a worse TtK. What about Semi-Auto? The same, meaning a Suros DIS-47 is once again "same but better" because it does more damage with the same kind of fire rate.

At 900 RPM it does 15 on a crit, just like Doctrine and such. If you put on Burst-Fire then it will still do 15 per crit.
 So once again it's like having a Grasp of Malok that does tickle damage instead of its full 24 crit damage. Semi-auto, same deal, it still does piddly damage but you simply can't fire it fast enough to beat any other Scout Rifle.

The entire point of this Exotic is that it is customizable, but the extent of its usefulness is that it can be Full-Auto at either 450 RPM or 900 RPM because the other options are utterly pointless.

I haven't seen it in PvE yet but I'm assuming the damage carries over there too, where any 'real' Pulse Rifle or Scout Rifle will be far better than the Khovstov's imitations.

Conclusion: Khvostov's Burst-Fire and Semi-Auto firing modes should have the same kind of Damage:RoF ratio as actual Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles. High Impact Burst-Fire should be like Nirwen's Mercy or even Spare Change.25. Low Impact Burst-Fire should be like Hawksaw or Grasp of Malok. High Impact Semi-Auto should be like Hung Jury, Low Impact Semi-Auto should be like Suros DIS-47.

Because right now it does less damage than all of those guns, but with the same fire rate, making it an assist machine unless it's on Full-Auto.

All the more reinforcement for my phenomal decision of making it infusión fuel.

All the more reinforcement for my phenomal decision of making it infusión fuel.
Should've seen that coming :lol:

I got a 249, 250, and 251 weapons to drop and decrypt and still save that one though >D :nthat:

You still got me by like 6-7 though :smh:

My dislike for autos was justification enough. The day they make autos the most powerful weapon type again is the day I die a little inside.

blue engrams cap at 340

STRIKE blues can decrypt and drop higher
To specify what Wright means, it is actually the 320 LL Strikes that have blue items that give higher LL rewards.

That being said, I have a chunk ton of motes to go thru.........I can still unload like crazy at my faction for some more high level packages if I wanted too. 

But after hearing that ppl are using the Omnigul strike (320 difficulty) to farm for infusion fuel, that is a cheaper *** alternative.

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna complain at all about rng fellas.

Got my 2nd pvp ship earlier (blue green) and after never getting on before, I got a hopscotch pilgrim with counterbalance and perfect balance. This is my new go to pulse rifle

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna complain at all about rng fellas.

Got my 2nd pvp ship earlier (blue green) and after never getting on before, I got a hopscotch pilgrim with counterbalance and perfect balance. This is my new go to pulse rifle

Straight up. I can't find gear above 355 for the life of me, but I had two Matadors drop in three crucible matches so I'm cool (with Rangefinder :smokin ).

Back
Top Bottom