*| | Denim _ School | |*

Citizen Frederick just closed my PayPal case and issued me a refund. I guess it's easier to give money back than answer some emails.

Any advice on Saint Laurent sizing? I know it's probably been asked a bunch of times but found a pair discounted pretty well that i want to to purchase. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Copped some Unbrandeds and pockets ripped first wear
mean.gif
 Took them immediately to Nordstroms for the refund. Last pair was APC's and looking to try something new. Anyone cop sugarcanes before? Looking for a petit standard type fit. 

Last edited:

Copped some Unbrandeds and pockets ripped first wear
mean.gif
 Took them immediately to Nordstroms for the refund. Last pair was APC's and looking to try something new. Anyone cop sugarcanes before? Looking for a petit standard type fit. 
The closest SC model with a PS fit is this -- http://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane?product_id=1285&limit=61

Try Heddels denim finder -- http://scout.heddels.com/denim?utf8=✓&min_price=0&max_price=500&fit[]=slim+tapered&sanforized=true&selvedge=true&min_denim_weight=5&max_denim_weight=32

Other alternatives are 3sixteen ST, N&F Skinny, Left Field Chelsea. I'd recommend trying on in person if you can.

Last edited:
If you were to start a denim rotation, what would be the first couple pairs to get?
I personally break it down by weight. Here's my current rotation:

Fall/winter -- Gustin Okayama Standard (14.5oz) + Gustin Japan One Seven (17oz)

Spring/summer -- Old beater pair of GAP selvedge (~11-12oz)

All year -- RGT Dark Stanton (13.5oz)

I'd start off with a medium-weight denim (13-14oz), which is not too heavy or light.

Last edited:
@GreyFoxx if your mom is a tailor that changes everything in regards to alterations. Also, have your mom tailor from the inseam if there is selvage on the outseam.
If the jeans arent selvage does it really matter if they are tapered from the inseam or outseam? Like is there a noticeable difference one way or the other?

@GreyFoxx if your mom is a tailor that changes everything in regards to alterations. Also, have your mom tailor from the inseam if there is selvage on the outseam.
If the jeans arent selvage does it really matter if they are tapered from the inseam or outseam? Like is there a noticeable difference one way or the other?
Yes, if you taper from the outseam, you'll see a wider inseam line, which looks ugly if you're gonna cuff your denim, imo.

Last edited:
Anybody ever taper a pair with a wider leg opening?

I picked up a pair of Lawless denim a while back but never got around to wearing it. The leg opening is probably a good 9-9.5 inches and I want it to be 6..maybe 6.5.

Would it throw the proportions off and look weird?

I picked up a pair of Lawless denim a while back but never got around to wearing it. The leg opening is probably a good 9-9.5 inches and I want it to be 6..maybe 6.5.

The inner selvedge lining would appear really thick once its cuffed depending on whether you want it cuffed or not.

Taper from the inseam, not the selvedge seam.

How does it fit on you now? Fit pic?

Dropped by NR today.

Bought a few Nudies, including a pair of Lean Deans. Not sure how some of you can fit your foot through these tiny leg openings (6.5"). Fit on the Grim Tims is :pimp: though.

Also saw 29 & 30 in N&F Skinny Guy Cashmere Blend, non-selvedge ($90 - 25%) and 31 or 32 in N&F Skinny Guy black, non-selvedge ($55 - 25%).
The Cashmere Blend pairs felt awesome, but couldn't justify their price.

Last edited:
Finally copped the APC light wash for summer, I'll probably cut the knees but I'm liking these outside how they sit on your *** crack :lol:

Last edited:
those look good, what cut are they?

may pick some up

they are new petit standards

I originally bought from Nordstrom and they sent me a freakin black pair of APC's then I copped from Notre with a 25% off coupon but they were too tight so I finally just said F it and copped at retail from East Dane in the size that fit best

went to atrium nyc today and their denim was 50% off, man mostly everything was gone, very few pairs are left, only thing that caught my eye was a nice light blue wash pair of nudies but for only 84$ but they didnt have my size *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom