*| | Denim _ School | |*

Nah, that's ridiculous unless you're gonna drop weight.

How does a tailor let out denim?
have to cut it and sew a new piece of denim in place.
sick.gif

Which denim did you cop and for how much?

Thats not a good idea, unsanforized is supposed to shrink. You're going to butcher 2 pairs of jeans to Frankenstein 1 pair?
I was going to use some old denim material from a pair i turned into jorts, in the end the denim will probably get patched up from blow outs and rips either way. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done tts in unsanforized denim :rolleyes

Thats not a good idea, unsanforized is supposed to shrink. You're going to butcher 2 pairs of jeans to Frankenstein 1 pair?
I was going to use some old denim material from a pair i turned into jorts, in the end the denim will probably get patched up from blow outs and rips either way. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done tts in unsanforized denim :rolleyes

it depends on the brand and how much stretch its gonna have. but I would think I'd be pretty tight

I was going to use some old denim material from a pair i turned into jorts, in the end the denim will probably get patched up from blow outs and rips either way. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done tts in unsanforized denim
eyes.gif
The meticulousness is just ridiculous.

If it's your size, just wear it and don't wash it / get caught in the rain. Or you can just re-sell it. What size are they?

Increasing the size on raws (or denim in general) is just a bad idea. Make sure to do a hot soak(s) and get all the shrink out. Your frankenstein jeans will be weaker at all the areas that are tailored... Plus the fades may be funky depending on where the alterations are. Railcar fine goods has an option to downsize, but not upsize. I would recommend getting a pair that fits and sell those one to someone who isn't going to **** it up. Do you know how much it will cost to alter those?

If it's your size, just wear it and don't wash it / get caught in the rain. Or you can just re-sell it. What size are they?
:lol: its a size 29 and I'm 29-30. I've only owned nudies, apcs, and unbranded brand so I was unsure about these and read up on unsanforized denim after purchasing which is my fault.

Increasing the size on raws (or denim in general) is just a bad idea. Make sure to do a hot soak(s) and get all the shrink out. Your frankenstein jeans will be weaker at all the areas that are tailored... Plus the fades may be funky depending on where the alterations are. Railcar fine goods has an option to downsize, but not upsize. I would recommend getting a pair that fits and sell those one to someone who isn't going to **** it up. Do you know how much it will cost to alter those?
my mother is a tailor so I was planning to take it to her. I'll post pics if I can fit them once they arrive.

laugh.gif
its a size 29 and I'm 29-30. I've only owned nudies, apcs, and unbranded brand so I was unsure about these and read up on unsanforized denim after purchasing which is my fault.
Check how they fit on you when you get them.

N&F is vanity sized, correct? So size 29 = true waist 30-31. It'll shrink 1-2" in the waist. It may end up working out.

Last edited:
Check how they fit on you when you get them.

N&F is vanity sized, correct? So size 29 = true waist 30-31. It'll shrink 1-2" in the waist. It may end up working out.
cool, will update once they arrive, that is what I hope for and I planned on not doing any pre soaks before wearing.

I wouldn't skip the presoak. just soak it right away so you know what you're working with. otherwise you're gonna soak it latter and be stuck with shrunken denim even if it still fits the fades won't line up

I wouldn't skip the presoak. just soak it right away so you know what you're working with. otherwise you're gonna soak it latter and be stuck with shrunken denim even if it still fits the fades won't line up
No, don't soak right away. It instantly kills resale value.

Try it on when you get it, post fit pics here, and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

No, don't soak right away. It instantly kills resale value.

Try it on when you get it, post fit pics here, and we'll go from there.

true. I just meant if he was gonna keep them regardless, but that is probably the better route

Just wen through my first soak with these dry bones. Need them hemmed and tape red something serious but looking forward to breaking them in.

Only negative is that summer is basically here and it is hot lol

Just wen through my first soak with these dry bones. Need them hemmed and tape red something serious but looking forward to breaking them in.

Only negative is that summer is basically here and it is hot lol
If you get them tapered, tell the tailor to do it from the inseam or you'll get a fat, ugly, wide selvedge line (tailors usually taper from the outseam).

Last edited:
If you get them tapered, tell the tailor to do it from the inseam or you'll get a fat, ugly, wide selvedge line (tailors usually taper from the outseam).

Thank you I will request this. Anyone else in here have a pair of dry bones?

Back
Top Bottom