*| | Denim _ School | |*

Shoot. I bought all 3 pairs of the chinos and I wasn't paying attention to the rise. The UB201s I got from Urban are already kinda high and those were a 9.75" I think. The chinos are 9.25 lol. Trying to get away from sagging but oh well

For what it's worth, I have the navy (108) chinos and the sizing is off. Mine are size 31 and measure exactly 31" (as opposed to the 32.5" that's on the UB sizing chart). Not sure if mine were a fluke because the leg opening is also 6.5" (vs. 7.25")

No clue. Just got a random email saying my order was refunded. Status on the site says "Fulfilled/refunded". Responded to the email inquiring...Haven't heard back yet.

Damn, I got hit with a refund too. In the PP note is said my size/option was sold out.

Any nice denim shops in NY? I'll be in Manhattan for my birthday the end of this month. Who has experience with Self Edge?

Any nice denim shops in NY? I'll be in Manhattan for my birthday the end of this month. Who has experience with Self Edge?

Self Edge and Blue in Green are as legit as it gets but that's if you're willing to spend but the experience is worth it.. Bought my IHs from SE in SF last summer.

Does Citizen take returns? Not sure how the pants will fit so I want to know before ordering just in case. Figured it would be quicker to ask here

Those in here who have experience with unsanforized denim, how much stretch occurs (if any) once the denim has gone through a presoak and then worn regularly?

Those in here who have experience with unsanforized denim, how much stretch occurs (if any) once the denim has gone through a presoak and then worn regularly?

I'm sure that depends on the weight/type/brand of denim. Maybe post more details? Are you looking at a specific brand?

It really depends on the company and I think the type of weave. Some companies have a loose weave (oni) while others have a tighter weave (momotaro). Weight can also be a factor. I believe pure blue Japan is known to stretch alot. Generally speaking, the denim stretches to tag size. Like blunt object mentioned, we need specifics, i.e. the brand/model.

Or you could buy a piece or two from SE and BiG, try out some Japanese brands and buy the Japanese ones direct from Japan lol.

Yeah or do that lol.... Some people frown upon that but hey Oni can be had for 100 or more less on Denimio :nerd:
word... Oni's have a lot of thigh and seat room? i have that problem lol

if your looking for a little room, go with the 517s.

that's what I got and just got them tapered. fitted look with a little room for my thighs and *** :lol:

emkicks emkicks check out blue owl and Tate and yoko's sizing if you're looking at the Okayama spirit 2's. I would google Okayama spirit 2 shrink for more info.

emkicks emkicks check out blue owl and Tate and yoko's sizing if you're looking at the Okayama spirit 2's. I would google Okayama spirit 2 shrink for more info.

Thanks for the info, but I have already done my sizing research through these 2 sites. I was more so looking for input from some of you guys who have gone through a pair of unsanforized and how any stretching occured after being worn post soak.

My s710xx's stretched a little under 2 inches since I gained weight. Tag size 30 and they are stretched ~32. Samurai's are known to stretch. I bought the sammy's when I had a 31 inch waist. Freshman 15 hit me 8 years later.

Back
Top Bottom