*| | Denim _ School | |*

Cars Cars Good lookin' out! Yeah I figured that. I sent them a message through their site and I'm sure when they get back with me they'll confirm exactly what you said. I've heard plenty of nice things about their work so I'm eager to give it a go.

Really want to try out Railcar but I have no clue how to tell them to taper my jeans outside of giving them the measurements for the leg opening. When they asking about knee and thigh measurements I get completely threw off. :rolleyes

Waiting on a reply from them as we speak but I'm thinking that giving them the leg opening measurements they'll only taper them as such from the knee down without altering any other part of the jeans. We'll see...

if you have a pair of pants that fits you well follow their measuring guide and get the measurements

you guys think it's worth sending in my PRPS Japan Ramblers to Railcar to have them tapered and bought up an inch or so?

decided to cop these APC's for Spring/Summer

I have a pair of Levi's 511 in a similar wash (bought for ~$10). I haven't worn them because I'm not a huge fan of the fit.

I'm hoping to wear them this summer though.

I have a pair of Levi's 511 in a similar wash (bought for ~$10). I haven't worn them because I'm not a huge fan of the fit.

I'm hoping to wear them this summer though.

The washed selvedge really sold me but I'll probably return and wait to grab them on sale

Acne and APC are in the same tier, overpriced and highly marketed. If I'm going to spend over $100 on jeans then I better understand my jean measurements and have some awareness of similarly priced jeans...At the ~$200 mark there are A LOT more options. On the other hand, if the fit is good then go with ACNE. ACNE denim quality isn't all that great (only important if you care about their raws and the fades you can get are meh).

Nothing since I found raw denim a few years back... Been wearing my Onis for around 5 months now then I have my IHs sitting in my closet for up next.

I wear selvedge jeans about 75% of the time. The other 25% are stretch Chinos.

I'll start wearing regular Levi's (non-selvedge) this summer.

^^^^^I wore my N&F jeans on and off for like 2 years (not daily wearing cause of work) and I didn't see a lot of wear. I want to wash them but afraid that won't shot progress either. I wonder if I should just wear them more.

Just got back from Gap. Picked up a pair of raw Selvedge Skinny's, a pair of slim washed selvedge and a couple of pairs of their denim shorts which I've always liked.

I know it's not the best quality but it was 30% off plus I had a $75 coupon so it brought the total down a bunch. Kind of hard to pass up.

I've had their raw selvedge in Slim before but tried the skinny this time. Liked the fit a lot better.

cn11012657.jpg

cn11011984.jpg

Last edited:
^ GAP selvedge is great if you get it for cheap. No egregious styling and a good fit.

The fades are slow to come, but aren't bad either. No high contrast fades, but an almost classic fade:

Last edited:
^ Good to hear and they look nice in the pictures. I definitely wouldn't have bought if not for the sale and coupon.

I tried on a 34 and a 36. The 34 I couldn't even get one button done but the 36 buttoned fairly easily. Kind of worried about stretching but there's no way I was suffering through the way the 34's fit.

Do these require a soak? Bath with them better? How long? Looked on the first page for info but didn't really see anything on soaking. It's been a while since I've worn raw, not sure what's changed.

Soak if you're worried about the indigo bleeding.

I need to try their skinny fit again. I've always bought their slim fits but the slims don't fit well to me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom