Delete

Aldon has been nothing short of one of the most impressive pass rushers in his first two years in the league I think you can put an average caliber 3 technique DE in front of him and he's gonna get double digit sacks.The fastest player to 30 sacks in the history of the game. The guy gets double teamed often. Idk why were even questioning his talent level. But I can't argue Justin Smith isn't a big part of his sack production but regardless aldon is gifted player similar to Jason Pierre-Paul who can completely do it on their own if need be.

Last edited:
We definitely need to question it. The second Justin Smith got hurt in New England Aldon disapeared for the rest of the season including the playoffs. I remember that game Aldon was going off in the first quarter with Justin next to him, but once Justin got hurt Aldon vanished. Like homie above said we're not saying he's not good but we want to make sure he's the ELITE pass rusher he's regarded as. It's funny you say "put an average 3 technique infront of him and he'll get double digit sacks" because that's already been tested and proven untrue. He was paired with Dobbs, Francois and Tukuafu and had ZERO sacks over 6 games.

Last edited:
you can't forget that last season was Aldon's first full season starting, correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was splitting snaps with Haralson his rookie season. I think he ran out of gas last season, topped off with missing Justin Smith and his injury. Hopefully he shows he has the endurance towards the end of this season and has the benefit of a healthy Justin Smith all season. In a few years I hope Tank Carradine will be an adequate replacement for Justin.

Elite??? The fastest player to 30 sacks In the history of the stat being recorded. He isn't as big of disruptor as JJ watt but IMO he is better than clay Matthews and clay got elite money. He isn't just a one trick ponie he rushes the passer and sets the edge as good as anybody in the league. When he's due for a contract his contract will be worth more than Ahmad brooks but not much more he will get somewhere around 9 to 11 million a year

But Justin smith is a lot like a poor mans JJ watt at this point and he does eat up blockers for sure. All I know is Ahmad brooks was playing like A man possessed against Minnesota in that preaseason game.

dude what? One of Aldon's weaknesses is containing the run. Did you not watch the Seattle game? Aldon constantly plays himself out of position losing leverage. Dude still hasn't mastered the discipline needed for that. When it comes to containing the runner I would take Parys Haralson over Aldon Smith. Dude please stop posting. This is exactly why I avoid talking football on forums. :smh:

lol at Justin Smith being a poor man's JJ Watt. I'm done dude. :rofl:

Last edited:
I'd let Aldon walk for sure. Crabs, I don't know. I think we'll try to keep him since him and Kap just worked well together last season. I'm not a fan of having Kap on the cover of SI. Too much hype and pressure for us. I like it but I don't like it!

I think you guys are nuts.  I really dont see any possible way that we let Aldon walk before we let Iupati walk. But, I have been wrong once or twice before.  So we will see.

Idk how calling Justin smith a poor mans JJ watt is a LOL comment. I really don't know if you realize but Seattle is like the 3rd best team in the league and best D in the NFL last year so allowing Marshall lynch to run crazy can happen any given night. Your a pretty irrational fan bro if your gonna discredit one of the elite pass rushers in the game who plays for our team.

This isn't a Julian Peterson situation where the guy is good player demanding great player money. This is a great player who deserves great player money.

Idk how calling Justin smith a poor mans JJ watt is a LOL comment. I really don't know if you realize but Seattle is like the 3rd best team in the league and best D in the NFL last year so allowing Marshall lynch to run crazy can happen any given night. Your a pretty irrational fan bro if your gonna discredit one of the elite pass rushers in the game who plays for our team.

You just proved my point. Seattle, the only rushing team we competed against in the last 6 games, exposed one of Aldon's flaws. They specifically went after the right side of our line and Aldon looked completely vulnerable. Obviously nobody gives a **** how he looks against teams who cant run the ball. Tell me this what team was better at stopping the run the 2011 team, who featured Parys in the base package, or the 2012 team who Aldon started for every play? Thx.

And yes it is a LOL comment. Calling our best defensive player a poor man of anything is a slap in the face of Justin Smith. He is EASILY one of the top players in the league regardless of position.

I said stop posting because you completed ignored everything I responded to disprove all your points and you just keep bringing up 30 sacks while completely ignoring ZERO sacks in 6 games without Justin Smith. No response to that stupid "average 3 technique" statement either?

Last edited:
A lot of you guys are forgetting that Aldon was playing hurt while Justin was out.  IIRC, he had surgery to fix his injury at the beginning of this offseason.  Judging him during the time that Justin was out isnt entirely fair IMO. 

Nobody is forgetting that. The guy was in San Jose training MMA weeks after the superbowl ended and then proceeded to have surgery weeks after that. Obviously if the injury was that severe he would of not been doing that. I'm not buying the injury BS excuse sorry. Aldon is a good player, but is he really the elite pass rusher he's regarded as ? I hope so. That's really the only thing i'm debating. How much of his success is Aldon and how much of it is Justin.

At the end of the day I just want to win and I really don't give a damn how it gets done. I bleed this red and gold niner ****.

Last edited:
A lot of you guys are forgetting that Aldon was playing hurt while Justin was out.  IIRC, he had surgery to fix his injury at the beginning of this offseason.  Judging him during the time that Justin was out isnt entirely fair IMO. 
Pretty much sums up what I came in to say. I think the injury was a legit reason his production went down. Obviously nobody wants to opt for surgery if they don't have to but I think it got to a point where there was no other option.

And Seattle's D is great at pass, but they gave up an average of 4.5 yds/carry. That's good enough to be tied for 23rd in the league.

I think Iupati is next in line for an extension since they are already negotiating with him and Kap and Aldon can't be extended until after the season. I think Harbaugh really wants to keep the o-line in tact which is why they recently extended Anthony Davis who I thought was the most dispensable compared to the other 4.

Calling Justin smith a poor mans JJ watt, at this point in his career nearly in his mid 30s, to the most dominant defensive player in football isn't a slap in the face. I guess we will watch another year of Aldon this year and we will see if he progresses as a run stopping LB. But due to the league making that transition to a passing league an elite Rush LB is much more coveted than a run stopper. You and I throughout the year will have to discuss what we saw week in and out. I do agree that Seattle game I was wondering where he went for sure.

Last edited:
It's all good bruh either way Aldon aint going anywhere and with a healthy Justin Smith next to him I expect big things from him this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom