Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dwight Howard has told the Los Angeles Lakers he wants them to bring back Phil Jackson as coach,’ a source close to the team tells SheridanHoops.com. With the Lakers having fired Mike Brown earlier today, speculation is running rampant about who the next coach will be.

Buss’ son, Jim, is expected to be the person who makes the ultimate decision on who the next coach will be, and the source who spoke to SheridanHoops made it clear that Buss is aware of Howard’s wishes. It remains unclear if Jackson would be interested, but he retains a close relationship with Kobe Bruant and Pau Gasol — two of the players he coached in Los Angeles before leaving the team after the 2010-11 season.

Make it happen Mitch

While I agree with the firing, I didn't think Buss would've pulled the plug after 5 games :rofl:

Good call.

16hks5j.jpg

Wonder how would Sloan coach this team

Last edited:
TONS of great match-ups tonight. Philly @ Boston. Mavs @ Knicks. Heat @ Hawks. Rox @ Grizzlies. Utah @ Denver. Dubs @ Lakers.

"@lenardizag: Phil
Jackson is currently at the Lakers facility talking to management and walking around."

Last edited:
I'm calling it right now:

Phil Jackson will be back for his third run as the Lakers coach by next week.Phil's ego, and chance to coach Dwight, Nash, Kobe, and Pau will be to much for him to pass up.I honestly think he left 2 years ago because he was just burnt out and could not stand coaching Andrew Bynum anymore.

Deal will be for $15 million a year and a 2 year deal with 3rd year being Phil's option to comeback.

Only assistant coach on the current staff that will be retained is Chuck Person.Frank Hamblen &Jim Cleamons will replace Bernie Bickerstaff, and Steve Clifford.

Last edited:
Phil Jackson will be back for his third run as the Lakers coach by next week.
Deal will be for $15 million a year and a 2 year deal with 3rd year being Phil's option to comeback.
Only assistant coach on the current staff that will be retained is Chuck Person.Frank Hamblen &Jim Cleamons will replace Bernie Bickerstaff, and Steve Clifford.

Phil Jackson will be back for his third run as the Lakers coach by next week.Phil's ego, and chance to coach Dwight, Nash, Kobe, and Pau will be to much for him to pass up.I honestly think he left 2 years ago because he was just burnt out and could not stand coaching Andrew Bynum anymore.

No Darvin Hamm :frown: Darvin has been pretty good at his job, especially with Dwight

Phil Jackson will be back for his third run as the Lakers coach by next week.

i hope so, but then i hope they bring back his staff as well..

mike brown has been a wrong fit for the lakers from the start.. they should've went with brian shaw.

even though i would love phil to come back, i dont know how that will work.. cause not everyone knows how the triangle offense works. only kobe, pau and metta have done that.. even though steve and tawn will be able to pick it up quickly.. everyone else will have a harder time..

so it will take a while for the lakers get back in the groove of things, because adjustment period for the triangle offense..

and if jackson is not coming back, im wanting shaw or jerry sloan

phil-jackson.jpg

smh this idiot buss who so badly wanted nothing to do with phil and his regime gave shaw the boot and instead hired this idiot mike brown because he was too cheap to get adelman.

a year later he now has to kiss *** and try to bring back phil.

boy he must feel real stupid right now.

i want sloan honestly but phil is good. if hes having back problems cant they just put him in a wheel chair to stop any further damage?

jeff van gundy, larry brown, or coach k (lol i know he ssigned for life with duke) would be my short list.

then rambis and stan van gundy

remember now dwight is the franchise now so what he says should go.

HELL TO THE NAW about pringles forget that!

dude is garbage. destroyed the knicks, soon as dude was gone knicks played great ball..

Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan as head coach and assistant head coach.

Why the not?

Might as well go all out these next 2-3 years. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom