Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You kidding? With that pick and roll option with Dwight and Josh + Nash, Kobe would have all kinds of catch and shoot looks, and he'd love those. Less wear and tear, easier to deal with, and if he feels a little lonely, he's certainly capable of being given a few minutes a half with Nash out for him to run the offense and do what he does.

Plus, Mike D and Kobe are cool, and always have been. Kobe would be fine with D'Antoni. (not that I would, I don't believe in his defense, but then again, he's never had Dwight and Josh Smith as defenders, so maybe we'd have something there.....)

Civility lasted less than a page :frown:

No I'm not kidding...

A run and gun offense will not be good for Kobe because it will take too much energy. Also even with Steve, he can run it, but it will wear on him, and he even expressed his relief that he wouldn't have to make every single play anymore which took out way too much in him each game

Doesn't have to be run and gun bruh, they can still run a half court offense with that group. Dwight back to the basket, Kobe ball, Nash pick and roll game, you could still space them all out and do different things, won't need to be SSOL.

As long as it is a slower version of it that's fine with me.. I still hate D'Antoni's philosophy... But Let's see what Phil & Sloan say first.

And if we do have to go with D'Antoni.. We better be looking for the best damn Defensive Assistant Coaches alive

I think Pearson & Darvin Hamm should stay around as Assistant Coaches.. Both seem respected, and work well with Dwight

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys watched the 4th quarter of that Kings game in Pre-season (Dwight's first game) .. There was at least 3 or 4 straight possesions when Nash run PnR with Dwight and Pau ... They either had free lay-ups or got fouled .. it was a thing of beauty.. wondered why Nash hasn't been doing it ever since.. this was before he got injured..
Kobe running the pick n roll with Pau and Howard is also deadly... In the championship years when Pau first got to the Lakers this play was unstoppable with Mike Brown they went away from it

You kidding? With that pick and roll option with Dwight and Josh + Nash, Kobe would have all kinds of catch and shoot looks, and he'd love those. Less wear and tear, easier to deal with, and if he feels a little lonely, he's certainly capable of being given a few minutes a half with Nash out for him to run the offense and do what he does.

Plus, Mike D and Kobe are cool, and always have been. Kobe would be fine with D'Antoni. (not that I would, I don't believe in his defense, but then again, he's never had Dwight and Josh Smith as defenders, so maybe we'd have something there.....)

Civility lasted less than a page :frown:

No I'm not kidding...

A run and gun offense will not be good for Kobe because it will take too much energy. Also even with Steve, he can run it, but it will wear on him, and he even expressed his relief that he wouldn't have to make every single play anymore which took out way too much in him each game

Doesn't have to be run and gun bruh, they can still run a half court offense with that group. Dwight back to the basket, Kobe ball, Nash pick and roll game, you could still space them all out and do different things, won't need to be SSOL.

All Pringles needs is Nash and his "Let's Go" attitude to right the ship. As long as the game starts tied, I think they can get to 120 around when the other team does and win games. And I really feel like Dwight hasn't even reached his potential on offense.

Pick and pops at the 3-pt line...could you imagine??!

........Once you pop, you can't stop.

I'll see myself out now. DON'T DO IT.

D'Antoni would be a great fit for the Lakers on both ends of the floor

Mike D'Antoni would be a bold and smart hire for the 1-4 Lakers after their surprising dismissal of coach Mike Brown on Friday.

It is a move that would pay off at both ends of the floor. D'Antoni has been telling friends for months that he looks forward to hiring a "defensive coordinator'' in some form (the exact title to be determined) the next time he becomes a coach in the NBA. In those conversations, D'Antoni has acknowledged that he allowed his prolific gains on offense to define his persona as a coach, creating an impression that he was indifferent to defense -- an impression that he has promised to change with his next head-coaching job in the NBA. The Lakers currently rank 22nd in the NBA in defensive efficiency.

D'Antoni has long insisted that he has cared about defense, but that he lacked defensive-minded players in Phoenix during the Suns' run of four straight seasons of 54 wins or more through 2007-08. The weakness of players who could excel at both ends of the floor was affirmed when the Suns tried and failed to emphasize defense by hiring Terry Porter to replace D'Antoni. Porter went 28-23 in 2008-09 before the Suns replaced him at midseason with Alvin Gentry, who restored much of D'Antoni's system, guiding the Suns back to a 54-win season on their way to the 2010 conference finals.

If D'Antoni was stubborn in the past about suggestions from management to change his coaching staff, his views have changed. Friends say he will tell his next employer that he will make defense a priority, much as he hoped to do in New York after the Knicks acquired Tyson Chandler last season. D'Antoni wound up resigning from the Knicks after 42 games -- roughly two-thirds of the season -- as Chandler went on to be recognized as the NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

This makes D'Antoni the right coach in the Lakers' time of need, even though they would likely have to wait to until next month to bring him on as he recovers from knee replacement surgery. In the meantime they could put the ball in Steve Nash's hands (as soon as he recovers from his current shin injury) and liberate him from the Princeton offense. Nash won two MVPs while running D'Antoni's offense in Phoenix, and over the short term he would be able to establish many of its strengths while pushing the ball in transition and running pick-and-rolls with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard.
It is hard to imagine that any of the Lakers' stars wouldn't welcome the hiring of D'Antoni. He has had a longstanding relationship with Bryant, who grew up in Italy and was a fan of D'Antoni's while he was a star point guard for Milan. There have been times over the years when Bryant has scored a basket against D'Antoni's teams and then spoken phrases in Italian to the coach while running back down the floor. "His Italian is pretty good," D'Antoni has remarked with a wry smile.

Nash would obviously flourish if he were to be reunited with D'Antoni, and Gasol's versatility as a scorer and passer would be engaged by an offense that depends on quick ball movement. But the Laker who might benefit most of all would be Howard, who would be the perfect center for D'Antoni's style of play.

During his years of title contention in Phoenix, D'Antoni struggled to find a big man who could lead on defense while also playing a useful role offensively. In Howard, D'Antoni would have the rim-protector he always wanted, and in return for all of his dirty work, Howard would be rewarded with easy dunks in transition as well as the open looks around the basket that made an instant star of Amar'e Stoudemire years ago.

Other candidates for the Lakers' opening include Nate McMillan, Jeff Van Gundy, Brian Shaw and Phil Jackson, any of whom would put the Lakers back in contention. But after making it clear that he wanted to distance the Lakers from Jackson and the triangle offense, it is likely that Jimmy Buss would rather not crawl back to Jackson. The hire that makes the most sense is D'Antoni, who could instantly bring out the readymade strengths of the Lakers' stars by bringing "Showtime" back to Los Angeles while also emphasizing the attention to defense that produces championships.

Link

MERRY CHRISTMAS TEAM LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME THE LAKER ORGANIZATION LISTENED TO US!!!! :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

To be honest, I didn't think it would happen this soon. I thought if we went .500 or under .500 in the 6 game home stand, then he would've been gone but not now. Now, to the matter at hand. No to Mike D'Anphoney. He doesn't play defense. We can't run anymore, we're old. We're better off grabbing a big rock and throwing it to all our heads if we hire another useless Mike.

Sloan or bust! Phil, maybe? I love Phil but I'm not so sure his style meshes with our guys. It'll be GP all over again with Nash.

NO !!!!!

Stop bringing up _antoni

Would be a terrible move

Ask a knick fan

I gotta agree with this.

Do it mitch. eff dwight!

"Tough day. I've seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I've been playing, it's still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

"As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight's game. We must block out the weight of today's news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

"I'm not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
Mamba out"

Not trying to put two and two together but Phil canceled his meeting for next week minutes before MB got canned.

http://www.lakersnation.com/phil-ja...onference-day-before-brown-firing/2012/11/09/

[h1]Phil Jackson Cancels Chicago Conference Day Before Brown Firing[/h1]

By Ramneet Singh
 | November 9, 2012

Kobe-Bryant-and-Phil-Jackson-300x195.jpg

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently 1-4 and the team is not playing up to its expectations. Coach Mike Brown was criticized for the team’s performance for quite some time, beginning with its 0-8 record in the preseason.

—- Get your Lakers Nation gear and show off your team pride!

—-

Even though many people didn’t expect the Lakers to fire Brown five games into the season, the front office decided to make the move official early today
. There is now a void on the Lakers’ bench and there are many possible replacements in the market.

Former Lakers coach Phil Jackson is rumored to be on the list of head coaches, someone that would be welcomed with open arms. Surprisingly, Jackson was supposed to a be a keynote speaker at Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference
 in Chicago next week, but he decided to cancel that appearance.

In a last-minute development, actor Alan Alda will replace famed basketball coach Phil Jackson as the keynote speaker on the closing day of the annual Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference in Chicago next week, according to Bernie Clark, executive vice president, national sales manager of Schwab Advisor Services.

One could look deep into this report and suggest that the Lakers were in contact with Jackson before they announced the firing of Mike Brown. Perhaps there will be a “secret” meeting between Jackson and the Lakers, and that may be why he chose not to attend the conference.

At this point, a Jackson-Lakers reunion is just speculation and who knows if he will come back to the City of Angels.

The Lakers would've never done this move unless they got a confirmation from him IMO

Good job Jeanie!! :pimp: :lol:

The empty spot on the wall at the Lakers practice facility where Mike Brown's portrait was just taken down

Phil isn't right because of the triangle... But he would probably figure a way to alter it.
I still go with Sloan...
It should be Sloan or Phil
After that: Either Van Gundy (yes I know neither will take it), Nate McMillan
Bottom Tier: D'Antoni, Brian Shaw (Shaw is too inexperienced... Despite a lot of Asst time.. He also won't come back here).. D'Antoni helps offense, hurts Defense even more than it looked.

Nice to see that you finally saw the light, bro. :tongue: :lol: You and I went back and forth at it last season when I gave out Sloan's name, you basically ridiculed me.

You're welcome.

I love Phil but not for this team. It'll be 2004 all over again with Nash in GP's position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom