Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to give Mike Brown a chance, and I think he got it.
I didn't want to complain about it everyday, but at the end of the day you guys (mostly CP) were right. He needed to go.
I am happy just as you guys are, but I hope that you guys understand that your main excuse (Mike Brown) is gone, so if we continue to struggle it's going to be interesting seeing the excuses people come up with.

I am in favor of this move, I am surprised but glad they made it so soon.

Team Fire Mike Brown has officially won, and now we will see who the next Coach to get crucified by you guys will be. :lol:

Either way, I hope things get better now. :smokin

laugh.gif
One of the funniest shops I have ever seen

According to Chris Sheridan on Twitter, Dwight has explicitly stated he wants Phil to coach the team.

There's no one else more important to listen to about this than Dwight.

Source: Dwight Howard wants Phil Jackson
Leave a comment
By Chris Sheridan
November 09, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Dwight wants Phil!

Dwight Howard has told the Los Angeles Lakers he wants them to bring back Phil Jackson as coach,’ a source close to the team tells SheridanHoops.com.

With the Lakers having fired Mike Brown earlier today, speculation is running rampant about who the next coach will be.

Jackson has been coach of the Lakers on two different occasions, and he remains romantically involved with Jeanie Buss, the daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss.

Buss’ son, Jim, is expected to be the person who makes the ultimate decision on who the next coach will be, and the source who spoke to SheridanHoops made it clear that Buss is aware of Howard’s wishes. It remains unclear if Jackson would be interested, but he retains a close relationship with Kobe Bruant and Pau Gasol — two of the players he coached in Los Angeles before leaving the team after the 2010-11 season.

More to come …

"I need ya, Phil. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old Zen Master, I need your magic."
The only way ya'll have remotely a chance to win this season is if you break the bank for this guy. There was no excuse for the roster the lakers have to not art least get by off of talent.That princeton offense was ca-ca and doomed a core that was used to the triangle. Brown wasn't at fault but heads will roll when expectations are not met. 
mean.gif

I just want to point out to everyone the Lakers would be undefeated if they had kept Glock. Okay, that's all.

After going out last night I woke up a half hour ago to a nasty hangover.

Checked the score center app a couple minutes later and the hangover isn't as bad. :smokin

Maaaaaan, if they manage to bring Phil back with a new 26 year old center to play with, suddenly, getting free agents for low prices may work out in our favor. :D

*crosses fingers*

Also, PMatic, I know you saw it as did I on Twitter, Bill Simmons (who hates us) said if we got D'Antoni, and traded Pau for Josh Smith, Kyle Korver and Petro's expiring, we would be a big problem. Smith and Dwight are friends, helps us on defense, faster paced offense under D'Antoni, picks and rolls for both Dwight AND Josh with Nash (goodnes) and Kobe still around to mop up in 4th quarters when need be. Oh and uh, Korver shooting with hopefully a better Meeks as well, surrounding Dwight and playing off Nash.

Uh Mitch, a word with you........ :lol:

My only issue is, why would Atlanta want that? I don't see their side.

Maaaaaan, if they manage to bring Phil back with a new 26 year old center to play with, suddenly, getting free agents for low prices may work out in our favor. :D
*crosses fingers*
Also, PMatic, I know you saw it as did I on Twitter, Bill Simmons (who hates us) said if we got D'Antoni, and traded Pau for Josh Smith, Kyle Korver and Petro's expiring, we would be a big problem. Smith and Dwight are friends, helps us on defense, faster paced offense under D'Antoni, picks and rolls for both Dwight AND Josh with Nash (goodnes) and Kobe still around to mop up in 4th quarters when need be. Oh and uh, Korver shooting with hopefully a better Meeks as well, surrounding Dwight and playing off Nash.

They absolutely wouldn't :lol:

Just curious though if they did and mitch f's them with that deal.

Would we resign Josh Smith?

*crosses fingers*

They wouldn't, but if they figure Smith is walking out on them regardless might as well get what they can.

*crosses fingers*

Phil wouldn't be around for long if we hired him.. I honestly can't see him coaching past Kobe's retirement. Which I think he's got this year and 2 more after. Although he said he wants to play until 40.. Which I don't believe for one second. Nor do I care to.

I just think D'Antoni would be all types of fail.. Now when it comes to fitting in a system... Nash, Josh & Dwight fit beautifully... But Kobe is then odd man out in a D'Antoni roster. And he's the one guy that can't be odd man out.

I feel it's either Zen or Sloan.. Anything else would be :rolleyes And CP it feels good to talk about basketball civilly again :lol:

Last edited:

http://www.fa-mag.com/fa-news/12863-alan-alda-replacing-phil-jackson-at-schwab-impact-.html

November 08, 2012
ALAN ALDA REPLACING PHIL JACKSON AT SCHWAB IMPACT

In a last-minute development, actor Alan Alda will replace famed basketball coach Phil Jackson as the keynote speaker on the closing day of the annual Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference in Chicago next week, according to Bernie Clark, executive vice president, national sales manager of Schwab Advisor Services.

All the pieces are falling into place, its just a matter of time now.... Lets do this Phil!

I was listening to 710 this morning and they were saying how this next 6 game home stand would determine the faith of Mike Brown, but the way it suddenly happened leads me to believe that management has someone set to come in and take over.... Im sure Mitch has been in contact with phil for some time and was just waiting for the right moment to make the move..... MITCH GOD!

Last edited:
*crosses fingers*

Pau's championship experience :pimp:

:lol:

TFMB broke Twitter.

Take a bow.

Edit:

ABC7 is playing the Lakers presser right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom