Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, I'm shocked to hear this. Even though I never was big on him as a coach, I know he is a very classy guy and one of the hardest workers in the league. Unfortunately being nice and working hard doesn't always mean you're gonna be good at what you're doing. I wish him the best though.

I'm honestly not sure if I think getting rid of him was a good move or not though. Who else can they get realistically that will allow them to compete for a title this year? I was pissed that Shaw didn't get hired last time but with the new personnel I'm not sure he'd work. Adelman would have been great but he's tied up. Pringles is NOT the amswer. Phil would be good at managing the personalities of the team and defining the rotation and bench's roles, but the triangle would not work for this team.

Who else is left? Jeff Van Gundy knows defense and would demand more respect than Brown did, but I'm not sure he's available nor would I feel good about him unless he left the offense alone.

I actually liked the idea of the princeton. It was the defense, lineups and the overall lack of effort that was the problem. The team is gonna score.
Yes, very true.

Defense needs to be re-vamped more than the offense.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
MT @MikeWellsNBA Brian Shaw just laughed when I mentioned the Lakers job to him at shootaround. Things ended ugly in LA for him.

i really think this team has the talent to be a decent defensive team - no matter who the coach is.

they just need to play inspired ball and go out there and WANT it.

You would be correct.

Let's hope I like the next head coach, :lol:

I don't wanna be fightin in here no more with ya'll. I'm sorry, but Brown had to go. I was just louder than anyone else in here. I didn't want to be a **** but he had to go, and I had to get the point across, we weren't gonna survive with him. Everyone needed to know that, I'm glad the FO agrees with us.

We did it. :nthat:

Was kinda surprised that the lakers
Have such a bad start after acquiring
Howard, nash and jamison.
metta world war said they would
Aim for a 73:9 record to beat the
1996 bulls season.
with the current trend, they can be lucky
If they win around 50 to 60 games.
if not i see the lakers firing mike brown
for sure, especially if they get kicked out
Before the finals.

Glad his *** got fired sorry mf....If I was Lakers better start begging for PHIL JACKSON!!!! .....I wouldn't mind having Shaw or Nate McMillan either, if we cannot get PJ back crosses fingers

The thing with Phil and the triangle, I believe that Phil can alter the triangle and adapt to the way the players play. He knows that Nash likes to play an uptempo game and I'm sure Phil can alter the triangle to that. With Sloan we all know that will be a PnR with Nash and Dwight, Nash and Pau, ect. Mike D'Antoni is comfortable with Nash from the Shns days and Kobe is known to be a fan of D'Antoni so I know both of them will be comfortable. Nash knows how to run D'Antoni's offense. Right now it's a toss up, but I would go with Sloan. He seems like he would suit this team better. I'm just happy MB has been fired!

What are the chances of Phil coming back?

Cant wait to see Steve Nash PnR w/ D12 or Pau ... ALL DAY!

Brian Shaw isn't walking through that door. The bridge has been burned. You pass on a predecessor like Shaw and bring in Mike Brown? :lol:

He's off us completely.

D'Antoni or McMillan...or Phil...but I don't see Phil coming back.

Brian Shaw isn't walking through that door. The bridge has been burned. You pass on a predecessor like Shaw and bring in Mike Brown? :lol:
He's off us completely.
D'Antoni or McMillan...or Phil...but I don't see Phil coming back.

Any team who offers an aspiring coach like that a Head Coach position, I'm sure he'll take it. Lakers included.

How long do you guys expect this to take? I can see them hiring someone by Sunday if they're able to talk to everyone they want to.

And we're back...

Rambis back as defensive coach?

Aint no one believed a word Mike Brown was saying.

Ebanks w a dui smfh

Watching some old mike brown games, this dude had jordan hill and all other 3 guys at the perimeter and dwight in the paint..

dude was an idiot :lol:

Some of y'all are a little too geeked though. How are you gonna react when/if we lose with the next head coach?

I think that was part of the problem with Mike Brown. He might have actually ended up doing as good of a job as Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson with this roster, if he was given the chance. But Brown was the type where he'd get the blame and no respect from the fans, and more importantly, the players. Nothing concrete but it was pretty clear the Laker players didn't have 100% faith in him. Maybe 80%... but for a head coach it should always be 100%.

I am pretty sure the next coach will not risk his job by giving Morris playing time. Brown is probably the main person that influenced the Lakers to cut the decent summer league players and keep turds like Morris and Ebanks.

Good news with Ebanks getting a DUI. His Laker days are numbered as well.

Back
Top Bottom