Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The original source of the call for Brown to be fired wasn't his coaching last season, everyone was fine with it... It was this offseason when the first rumbles of player discontent started
per Alex Kennedy
I believe CP referenced it a few pages back, here's the source of it

I was wondering what cp was talking about

The coaches who have followed Phil Jackson over his career (Tim Floyd, Rudy T, and Mike Brown) have lasted a total of 128 games. :wow:

[font=Verdana, Arial]
excited_baseball_fan.gif
[/font]

Phil would not be the right move IMO. Team needs someone who's commitment to them will be consistent and won't leave due to health issues or what have you. Phil is a short term fix to a long term problem

But this team is only going to be together for 2 years.

If Brian Shaw or Phil Jackson coach, Steve Nash will be in the same position he was in when he played that game and a half, not being used to his max capabilities. If D'Antoni coaches, Steve Nash will be able to perform, but we won't get defense like when Mike Brown coached. Either way, Mike Brown isn't the coach :nthat:

Stop it already !

Pringles run & gun offense has been proven many times already that it does NOT win championships.

Phil would not be the right move IMO. Team needs someone who's commitment to them will be consistent and won't leave due to health issues or what have you. Phil is a short term fix to a long term problem

I would be skeptical of the move but not exactly for those reasons. The triangle takes a ton of time to implement. Dwight is not familiar; Nash may be slightly more so from defending it all those years. To install it after the season has started might keep the problem going. The Lakers' sluggishness wouldn't be any different learning the triangle on the fly than it was learning the Princeton hybrid on the fly.

With that said, ITS PHIL JACKSON. I'm sure he knows this and would try some modified version of it.

I don't think Phil is right for this, this time around. Phil is a manager, we need a coach.

I don't think Phil is right for this, this time around. Phil is a manager, we need a coach.

You're kidding right? Just because Phil's COACHING strategy is different from most everyone else doesn't mean he's a manager. He has the most titles for got damn sakes and is highly respected by anyone who's ever played under him.

You can't complain about the Princeton Offense burying Steve Nash then vouch for the Triangle.
Definitely touched on that earlier in this thread. Triangle doesn't call for a true PG either, but if that "Triangle" comes with Phil, I'd take my chances honestly.

Phil isn't right because of the triangle... But he would probably figure a way to alter it.

I still go with Sloan...

It should be Sloan or Phil

After that: Either Van Gundy (yes I know neither will take it), Nate McMillan

Bottom Tier: D'Antoni, Brian Shaw (Shaw is too inexperienced... Despite a lot of Asst time.. He also won't come back here).. D'Antoni helps offense, hurts Defense even more than it looked.

Last edited:
Stop it already !
Pringles run & gun offense has been proven many times already that it does NOT win championships.

I never said D'Antoni should be the coach, just giving the possibly of what Steve Nash's role would be like in those systems given the head coach rumors

You can't complain about the Princeton Offense burying Steve Nash then vouch for the Triangle.
I actually liked the idea of the princeton. It was the defense, lineups and the overall lack of effort that was the problem. The team is gonna score.

From what I know of the triangle, you run a pick n roll then if that doesn't work get into the triangle no??

Last edited:
I'm not. As PMatic said, how will the triangle work with Nash? How will he coach that up?

He likes tall guards, and doesnt even like traditional PGs, so then what?

I'm liking Mike D. Setup an insane up and down offense but now you have Howard, Kobe, and Artest on your D. Which is something he never had on the Suns.

Back
Top Bottom