Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
smh this idiot buss who so badly wanted nothing to do with phil and his regime gave shaw the boot and instead hired this idiot mike brown because he was too cheap to get adelman.
a year later he now has to kiss *** and try to bring back phil.
boy he must feel real stupid right now.
i want sloan honestly but phil is good. if hes having back problems cant they just put him in a wheel chair to stop any further damage?
jeff van gundy, larry brown, or coach k (lol i know he ssigned for life with duke) would be my short list.
then rambis and stan van gundy
remember now dwight is the franchise now so what he says should go.
HELL TO THE NAW about pringles forget that!
dude is garbage. destroyed the knicks, soon as dude was gone knicks played great ball..

yeah, well a lot of people have said that jim buss was in way over his head and that he couldnt handle the position he has..

but i seriously doubt that jeff van gundy wants to deal with howard.. i think he is still mad that his brother got fired thank to dwight..

i like phil, cause of his credentials, and he is a coach that kobe actually respects.. i think if he would give jackson the death stare he'd get screamed at..

first Phil cancels his key note for this weekend and then is spotted in the Lakers facility?.... No way its a coincidence!

Dwight Howard has told the Los Angeles Lakers he wants them to bring back Phil Jackson as coach,’ a source close to the team tells SheridanHoops.com. With the Lakers having fired Mike Brown earlier today, speculation is running rampant about who the next coach will be.
Buss’ son, Jim, is expected to be the person who makes the ultimate decision on who the next coach will be, and the source who spoke to SheridanHoops made it clear that Buss is aware of Howard’s wishes. It remains unclear if Jackson would be interested, but he retains a close relationship with Kobe Bruant and Pau Gasol — two of the players he coached in Los Angeles before leaving the team after the 2010-11 season.
Make it happen Mitch

If Phil does come back, I he learned from the GP situation. Nash isn't a half court guy.

"@lenardizag: Phil

Jackson is currently at the Lakers facility talking to management and walking around."

He's actually gonna be at the game tonight.

Are you serious?

LAKER FANS LOOK AT ME, IF YOU ARE AT THE GAME TONIGHT, OR READ THIS ON YOUR PHONE, WHATEVER, "WE WANT PHIL, WE WANT PHIL" BETTER RAIN THE **** DOWN!!!!!!

Make it happen Laker fans, make it happen. :smokin

Are you serious?
LAKER FANS LOOK AT ME, IF YOU ARE AT THE GAME TONIGHT, OR READ THIS ON YOUR PHONE, WHATEVER, "WE WANT PHIL, WE WANT PHIL" BETTER RAIN THE **** DOWN!!!!!!

of all days.. why would jackson be back in the building? i think lots of people will convince him to return...

THE TRIANGLE WILL RETURN TO LA!!!

and is there any way we can get rid of ebanks? idiot got a dui... trade for ariza?

Man that can't be a coincidence

The story is that it's coincidence cause he's dating Jeanie Buss...

But on the flipside, don't you think if he's at home with Jeanie Buss, the topic would've come up? That it's being discussed? That it's out there and a strong possibility now?

Phil knows the situation, Jeanie knows the situation... either they wanna troll everyone or they want to kickstart some attention and energy, but they know what kinda firestorm they'd start by Phil simply showing his face at the Lakers game on this particular day

Last edited:
Are you serious?
/SIZE]

... But :lol: "Laker fans look at me" sorry just a funny way to phrase it

Last edited:
I'm in the zone today, what can I say?

*Insert Woody Harrelson pic* Thank You PMatic

:lol:

Last edited:
If the Lakers manage to bring in Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and Phil Jackson within a 4 month timeframe..........

This franchise really does not handle losses well. :lol: :smokin

And ya'll wonder why I was so hard on Mike, I've been raised by these dudes. They don't handle less than great, and neither do I. In baseball, I handle losing great, I'm used to it, I'm a Cub fan, it's all I know. :lol: :frown:

Clearly my "Good kid maad city " a short film by Mike Brown song went over everyones head yesterday I essentially alluded to that this was about to happen.......... Oh and since you guys don't get code, yes Phil will be the coach. I get no love o. This site, I put you guys up on GTA 5 way before the info came out. :frown: no love NT familiar no love

:lol:

Clearly my "Good kid maad city " a short film by Mike Brown song went over everyones head yesterday I essentially alluded to that this was about to happen.......... Oh and since you guys don't get code, yes Phil will be the coach. I get no love o. This site, I put you guys up on GTA 5 way before the info came out. :frown: no love NT familiar no love

I'll rep you tomororow bruh.

(i know that feel)

Phil Jackson is open to returning to the NBA sidelines, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the Hall of Fame coach's thinking.

With the Los Angeles Lakers relieving Mike Brown of his coaching duties Friday morning due to a 1-4 start, Jackson could return to the Lakers for his third stint as coach of the league's glamour franchise if it wants him back.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters Friday afternoon that the team's brain trust -- Kupchak along with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss and executive vice president of player personnel Jim Buss -- already have put together a list of potential replacements for interim coach Bernie Bickerstaff. Among the "four or five" names on that short list is Jackson, according to a league source.

Jackson had not been contacted by the team as of Friday afternoon, however.

The all-time winningest head coach in NBA championship history, with 11 titles to his name, has not coached since the 2010-11 season, after which he walked away from the game after the Lakers were swept out of the second round of the playoffs.

He took last season off, in part to avoid the frustration associated with a lockout-shortened season and in part to improve his health. Jackson, 67, is "getting better and better" according to a source familiar with the rehabilitation process for Jackson, who underwent knee replacement surgery in March.

"He's been in tune with the Lakers' season and has kept an eye on the league," a source close to Jackson told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Jackson's presence has never fully left the Lakers. He still frequently stops by the Lakers practice facility to visit his longtime girlfriend, Jeanie Buss. Kobe Bryant often quotes Jackson maxims during news conferences. Even Jackson's two elevated chairs -- one he used at home practices and one the team took on the road for away games -- are still propped up against a wall by the entrance to the training room at the practice facility.

Should Jackson return to the Lakers, the feeling is from league sources that he would be interested in bringing along an assistant coach or associate head coach that he could groom to be his successor. Jackson feels like he owes much of his success to his longtime consultant Tex Winter, the architect of the Triangle offense, and he would like to pay it forward to another young coach. When Jackson spoke to Portland and Orlando about their head coaching vacancies this past offseason, a mentor arrangement was discussed in both situations, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

The coaching search is expected to be a swift one.

"It's not going to be a long process; that's for damn sure," a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com."But they're going to do their due diligence."

Added Kupchak: "The sooner the better. We don't have a timetable, quite frankly, because this happened so quickly."

While Jackson values the process of a going through a full training camp when taking over a team, a source close to the coach said that could be mitigated with the current Lakers' team because Jackson would be joining it with pre-existing familiarity with the roster, namely Bryant, Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace, who he coached to a championship in 2010.

Jackson is currently in Los Angeles and was seen sporting a mustache, the same facial hair look he went with when the Lakers first hired him in 1999, at a recent dinner.

Also, in 2005 when Rudy T stepped down, Kupchak had a similar quote about Phil Jackson, about it being his job to know that a coach of his caliber was out there.

Last edited:
does that mean that B.Shaw will return to LA as well???

Either him or Kurt Rambis would be in line to follow Phil when's gone for good.

Phil will make it a contract stipulation that one of them will be the next head coach when he's gone for good.

Back
Top Bottom