Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CP, if I may.

CP... would NEVER... say anything like that.

- CP: "Oh, the year we failed to even make the playoffs? Eff that year."
- other Laker fan: "But did you watch when Kobe went all Kobe Johnson? Remember the 124 points agai..."
- CP: "FFFFUUUUUUU... THHHAAAATTT YEEEEAR."

He would say.

I wouldn't characterize that other guy as a Laker fan, THAT is a Kobe fan... and that's it. No real Laker fan is going to say that in a year we didn't make the playoffs. At least not any that I know of. I do, however know tons of fans of just Kobe, or Durant, or Lebron or whatever that only bring up individual accomplishments like that is the end all be all. Those dudes aren't fans of the team, at least not in my book :\

Eh, well. I made my points.
I heard you Ska, heard you CP too. Loud and clear.
I mean i feel where you guys are coming from... I just dont get why you cant enjoy the individual moments along with the collective achievements.

Doesn't have to be ONE OR THE OTHER IMO.

We're not just LAKER fans, we're also basketball fans. Well, everyone except for CP apparently. :lol:

But nah, it's all good. I don't really have much else to say about the matter, I'll wait to see if any other Laker fans wanna chime in with their thoughts on the whole matter.

Either way, I want to win. Winning means a LOT. But it's not everything in life. MJ didn't win every game or season he played. Sure, we remember those 6 chips very clearly. But we still remember him for a lot more than just those seasons.

Same goes for #24. Same goes for LeBron. Same goes for Durant.

We'll remember them for many of their moments, not just the championships they won.

Well...again, unless your CP. :lol:

I am keeping things in perspective. Ya'll know I live here in Portland. They made the playoffs every year like 20 straight. They ran their mouths about that FOREVER. 0 titles.

Utah Jazz, like 22 straight years in the playoffs, nice accomplishment, 0 titles.

Me saying "But we made the playoffs in 2007 and we won a playoff game!!!!!" Shoot me in the ******g temple. :lol:

You guys are talkin about how 2008 ruined your summer. I lost sleep LAST MONTH about 2008. :lol: :smh:

I have stood in the shower, probably, iono, 6-8 months ago, going over the 2006 playoffs in my head. Swear on my life. "one rebound.......game 6, play the Clippers, home series, no travel.....7 games, Kobe put 50 on them during that year, nobody to guard him, LO and Kwame could match up with Brand, not as fast/athletic as Phoenix, Clipps would get rattled in their own building with out fans........Dallas, Kobe put 62 on them in 3 quarters, also hit a game winner in Dallas in December, they couldn't guard him.......choke all the time anyways......LO on Dirk.......coulda faced Miami. Shaq would have tried to own us, takes Wade out the equation........04 Finals lite?????" :nerd:

Look at me. I do that **** ALL THE TIME. My mentality never changes. Until we go 82-0, and then 16-0, I won't be happy. :lol: It's how I work on the Lakers. It's what I expect. I'm spoiled, like I said.

And as Ska said, I am the OPPOSITE when it comes to baseball. If the Cubs win ONE single title, I'll probably die on the spot. I won't care about anything else. But NBA? I want it EVERY YEAR.

I want the Celtics, Bulls, Heat, Spurs, Pistons so far in our rearview mirror we don't even know if they have titles. I want so many banners in Staples we can't see the scoreboard. We'll have to get smaller banners!!!!!! :lol: Not those ginormous ones that teams with 1-2 get that are like the size of a small state, i want so many banners they make them the size of a post it. Instead of a front row of seats, I want our trophies lined up around the court. Remind the players who we are AT ALL TIMES.

Laker basketball. :smokin

I think I'm with L2B on this. I love winning as much as anyone, but you can't let it overtake your overall enjoyment and enthusiasm for the game of basketball. Obviously every year we don't win is a failure and I feel like **** afterwards. Those Phoenix series, the Boston loss in 08, and especially the sweep to Dallas to send out Phil all had me sick to my stomach for months. But at the end of the day, if what you say that you sit around during the season with a stoneface for 82 games is true, I feel like you are taking it too seriously. Part of the reason those championships seasons feel so amazing is all the ups and downs you have to endure during the season to get there. Having those seasons where you don't get it done make the seasons you do win that much sweeter (see LeBron). Winning the THE most important thing, especially for Lakers fans, but you have to keep things in perspective at the same time.

Well Im glad at least your on the same page as me. I was beginning to wonder if i was crazy and everyone was a robot like CP.

This commercial says it all man.
The reason you can enjoy your success is because you know how failure feels.
If you won every year of your life it wouldn't be as special.

You gotta remember the moments man. Careers don't last forever.
Life doesn't last forever.

Like Kobe4MVP said...Winning is THE most important thing in team sports. However, it isnt the ONLY thing we tune in for.
There are individual games played outside of the post-season for a reason. Not only to see who deserves to make it to the post-season, but also to make more money. And give fans a long season of entertainment.

82 game seasons are LONG seasons man. You think they're 82 just to see what team is the best? Theres more to it than just winning. Theres money, theirs entertainment, theirs fans, theirs employees, theres memories, theres experience.

At the end of the day, as serious as we are as Laker fans. Its a GAME. It's meant to entertain man. So let yourself be entertained once in a while.
If you don't wanna be...cool...thats your life. Live it how you want.

But you cant act like everyone else is less of a Laker fan because we enjoy those moments outside of championships. We human man. We like being entertained. We like winning, but that doesn't happen all the time. So we have to enjoy the moments or else we'll spend each and every year being a depressed robot with a :stoneface: face out in public.

CP, if I may.

CP... would NEVER... say anything like that.

- CP: "Oh, the year we failed to even make the playoffs? Eff that year."
- other Laker fan: "But did you watch when Kobe went all Kobe Johnson? Remember the 124 points agai..."
- CP: "FFFFUUUUUUU... THHHAAAATTT YEEEEAR."

He would say.

I wouldn't characterize that other guy as a Laker fan, THAT is a Kobe fan... and that's it. No real Laker fan is going to say that in a year we didn't make the playoffs. At least not any that I know of. I do, however know tons of fans of just Kobe, or Durant, or Lebron or whatever that only bring up individual accomplishments like that is the end all be all. Those dudes aren't fans of the team, at least not in my book :\

Wait, you don't me, as in THAT other guy is a Kobe fan, do you? :frown:

Cuz then we have to fight. Like with hands and everything. :lol:

L2B has to be the most concerned poster on NikeTalk. He needs everyone to be content :lol:

Ugh. You think that any of my posts today have any sort of relevance to me needing fans to be content?
I don't even know how that could be perceived from the words i've spoken today. :smh:

I don't even know what to say to that. If thats what you take away from my posts today, then so be it. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not saying I'm better than ANYONE else. Naw man, that's not me.

Everyone does their thing. We talked about this before, everyone has their ways, supersticious beliefs, etc.

I'm not better than anyone. Never ever ever said I was. Never will either.

And pretty sure I follow the entire NBA plenty, but I don't worry about the other teams/players winning as I do about my own. That's a given. But I go no prob watchin Lebron/Durant get down, or CP3 master the game, or Rondo do Rondo things. I'm good with all that.

But I focus diff on the Lakers. Just how I operate. Don't make me right, better, smarter or anything. Just how I am.

Hey, I'm not saying I'm better than ANYONE else. Naw man, that's not me.

Everyone does their thing. We talked about this before, everyone has their ways, supersticious beliefs, etc.

I'm not better than anyone. Never ever ever said I was. Never will either.

And pretty sure I follow the entire NBA plenty, but I don't worry about the other teams/players winning as I do about my own. That's a given. But I go no prob watchin Lebron/Durant get down, or CP3 master the game, or Rondo do Rondo things. I'm good with all that.

But I focus diff on the Lakers. Just how I operate. Don't make me right, better, smarter or anything. Just how I am.

Got you man.

You know your my boy CP. We might not be on exactly the same page, but at the same time we kinda are.

This commercial says it all man.
The reason you can enjoy your success is because you know how failure feels.
If you won every year of your life it wouldn't be as special.

You gotta remember the moments man. Careers don't last forever.
Life doesn't last forever.

Like Kobe4MVP said...Winning is THE most important thing in team sports. However, it isnt the ONLY thing we tune in for.
There are individual games played outside of the post-season for a reason. Not only to see who deserves to make it to the post-season, but also to make more money. And give fans a long season of entertainment.

82 game seasons are LONG seasons man. You think they're 82 just to see what team is the best? Theres more to it than just winning. Theres money, theirs entertainment, theirs fans, theirs employees, theres memories, theres experience.

At the end of the day, as serious as we are as Laker fans. Its a GAME. It's meant to entertain man. So let yourself be entertained once in a while.
If you don't wanna be...cool...thats your life. Live it how you want.

But you cant act like everyone else is less of a Laker fan because we enjoy those moments outside of championships. We human man. We like being entertained. We like winning, but that doesn't happen all the time. So we have to enjoy the moments or else we'll spend each and every year being a depressed robot with a :stoneface: face out in public.

Took the words out of my mouth. :smokin

Last edited:
L2B has to be the most concerned poster on NikeTalk. He needs everyone to be content :lol:

Ugh. You think that any of my posts today have any sort of relevance to me needing fans to be content?
I don't even know how that could be perceived from the words i've spoken today. :smh:

I don't even know what to say to that. If thats what you take away from my posts today, then so be it. :lol:

It's more like... there's a desire on your part to have everyone agreeing and on the same page (as you just said to CP). It's not a bad things necessarily, but to me it seems like a consistent theme of your posts when it comes to speaking directly on the Laker fans that are here.

It's more like... there's a desire on your part to have everyone agreeing and on the same page (as you just said to CP). It's not a bad things necessarily, but to me it seems like a consistent theme of your posts when it comes to speaking directly on the Laker fans that are here.

If thats how I come across then I apologize. I know that everyone can't be the same as me. I guess one thing I learned from CP is that you can be just as big of a fan as other guys but have a completely different perspective on things.

I think everyday that goes by I learn more and more about perspective and life from other people.
I guess I just share my perspective hoping that people can also learn from mine.

Didn't mean to sound like everyone has to agree with me though. I guess I just want to be understood. Even if people don't agree with me.

As bad as it may sound, NT is like a 2nd home to me. :smile:

Last edited:
I still remember all the crying and whining by teamgivemikebrownamillionchancesandwhenhemessesupimstillgonnamakeexcusesandattackmyownfanbasebecausemikebrownismydad

:lol:

ya all should be apologizing for that instead

I still remember all the crying and whining by teamgivemikebrownamillionchancesandwhenhemessesupimstillgonnamakeexcusesandattackmyownfanbasebecausemikebrownismydad

:lol:

ya all should be apologizing for that instead

Aye man.

If I haven't already, I'll do it publicly right now.

I hereby apologize for starting Team Give Mike Brown A Chance.
He was never worthy of such a loyal, trustworthy team of fans who gave him more of a chance than he ever deserved.

I never thought he was great. I just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he could at least be DECENT.
But he wasn't even that. :x

There. Done. 8)

Last edited:
I'm still mad about people defending the D'Antoni hire. Come on, now.

most of these guys were in the give mike brown a chance boat...

im sure most of us thought that hire was some sort of trolling done by espn. that hire was almost enough to not support this franchise no more :x

Wait, you don't me, as in THAT other guy is a Kobe fan, do you? :frown:

Cuz then we have to fight. Like with hands and everything. :lol:

:lol: Na not at all man. I was just referring to the hypothetical fan Ska was mentioning. Trust me I know you ain't one of those dudes.

Back
Top Bottom