Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heard on twitter Duhon was doing Kobe's celebration after he hit the 3 before 3rd quarter ended, anyone got the vid? :lol:

I didn't know what it would be like after Magic left when I was a kid. Then Nick Van Exel came along and I was on board. Clearly not the same type of talent, but the same type of heart. 2 years after that, Kobe came, and brought a friend with him. Real big dude. We lost Shaq and never knew if we'd see something like that again, and Pau came. And then Dwight.

And I have yet to speak on the logo, Worthy, the skyhook, Baylor, Drew or LO, Coop, B Scott or even B Shaw.

We will forever have the talent lookin for us. Our brand is immortal. The Lakers will ALWAYS be around.

Any idea how many kids grow up playin ball wanna be Lakers? Build your brand up, you'll get the players you need to succeed.

"If you build it, it they will come"

:pimp:

I feel you. I know talent will always be coming.
There's a lotta kids on courts right now killin dudes. Kids that will be nba stars in 15 years.

But talent isn't the only factor. Work ethic, charisma, passion, love for the game. There's dudes like Beasley and Bynum who have all kinda talent and potential but they don't have the passion or love of the game necessary to ever achieve that potential.

It's hard to come across talented dudes like Durant, LeBron, Wade, Duncan who give their heart and soul to the game and improve their skills more and more every year.

They are a needle in a haystack.

It's just hard to imagine another Durant/Kobe/Lebron type of baller bein a Laker in the near future after #24 retires.

Ill still be a Laker fan till I die. Good or bad.
But with Jim Buss taking over the team, Kobe retiring soon, and Dwight possibly not committing to us and leaving...there
Might be a bit of a dark era for this team when 2014-2015 comes along.

We better enjoy these days as much as we can. Might not be the same for a lonnnnng time.

We better enjoy these days as much as we can

We a .500 team dawg, I ain't enjoying jack ****. :lol:

Dark era = last year, the year before that, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 1999, 1998, 1997.....etc etc etc

Don't think you get me man.

I'm not talking about winning percentage and championships right now.

I'm not enjoying .500. I want to win. Of course I want championships man.

But I'm talking about pure entertainment wise. Enjoy these games. Enjoy the dunks.
Enjoy the fadeaways. Enjoy the charisma.

It ain't gonna be the same once Kobe retires for a while, unless the next Lebron James somehow ends up being drafted by us in 2015... (Yeah right...)

Are you really going to say that I'm Wrong about that?

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]I didn't know what it would be like after Magic left when I was a kid. Then Nick Van Exel came along and I was on board. Clearly not the same type of talent, but the same type of heart. 2 years after that, Kobe came, and brought a friend with him. Real big dude. We lost Shaq and never knew if we'd see something like that again, and Pau came. And then Dwight.

And I have yet to speak on the logo, Worthy, the skyhook, Baylor, Drew or LO, Coop, B Scott or even B Shaw.

We will forever have the talent lookin for us. Our brand is immortal. The Lakers will ALWAYS be around.

Any idea how many kids grow up playin ball wanna be Lakers? Build your brand up, you'll get the players you need to succeed.

"If you build it, it they will come"

:pimp:[/quote]Agreed. :smokin

I don't enjoy fadeaways or charisma or any of that. I enjoy Figeroua. Mid to late June.

The rest is filler. If we win our games 145-141 and hoist a trophy, I'm in.
If we win our games 63-61 and we hoist a trophy, I'm in.

Charisma in CP's dictionary = Championship ringS. Capital S.

If I want losing, I can watch baseball every summer, see sig.

Cool story, bro.

Well In that case since you don't care about charisma, dunks, shots, and exciting plays then why don't you just stop watching?

If all you care about is the "w" then check box scores.

We don't just tune in for the W. No one watches basketball ONLY for the results. We want plays. We want exciting plays. We want moments. It's why we tune in. It's why some pay hard earned dollars for expensive seats to watch their team play. You don't work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week just to give up your entire paycheck for a Lakers W. you pay your money to get an experience.

If it was all about the SCORE and the records. Then why would millions watch the whole entire game?

Why don't we all just tune in for the last 2 minutes to see if we're going to win or not?

Just sayin man. Of course we wanna see the team win, its not the same without winning. but its not all that fans watch for. its sports, its excitement, its highlight plays. we want the Whole combination. You say you don't enjoy the plays, you just enjoy seeing trophies hoisted.

Then why are you watching? The trophy is hoisted in June. Just wait until June to turn on your tv, you'll see if we got it or not then. :rolleyes

Last edited:
:lol:

It's cool if you're not on my wavelength man, but I'm the same as I was in 06-07.

I watch to see our progression, who grows, can grow, will grow, etc. Like when we added Ariza, seeing how he developed. Seeing Drew grow.

I watch everything. I only enjoy hoisting.

Go to the 2010-11 Laker offseason thread. I waited 5 minutes before posting what we need for NEXT season. Lakers weren't even in the lockerroom yet. I was on next year. That's how I am. Always have been.

I do know this tho, Kobe's records are going to stand for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ******g time.
laugh.gif

Gonna take one hell of a player to pull thru, play almost 2 decades to get the games, wins, playoff games, wins, points, assists, boards, steals, 3's, shots, attempts, free throws, attempts, 30 point games, 40 point games, 50 point games, minutes, etc etc. His marks are going to be atop the Lakers franchise for a very, very long time. An 18 year old could join the team tomorrow and we'd need to wait almost 20 years for him to start knockin off records.
laugh.gif
Uhhhh... you shoot a lot, you score a lot. Shoot a lot for a long time, you get lots and lots of points.

Tell me EITHER of those statements is false. "But Jordan...", "Well LeBron...", "Chamberlain..."

Let's leave them... over there *points away*

You shoot a lot, you score a lot. True or false?

Shoot a lot for a long time, you get lots and lots of points. True or false?

Yes, it will be a looooong time before we see someone reach those SCORING numbers... because the era of volume shooting is closing, methinks. Jordan ushered in the flashy, chucking guard, and at one time, the league was filled w/ that ilk; Tmac, Iverson, Truth, Kobe, Wade, etc.

Now we've got... who? Kobe... and he ain't even going all out anymore when it comes to shooting. Durant? The argument could be made, and at times, even Russy. But who else?

Yes, it will be a long time before someone reaches the individual accolades Kobe has, because that mentality is dwindling... "And I looove it."

I know it's not a popular opinion, especially among these parts, but there it is. Again.
laugh.gif

Maybe it's because when I was a kid I had Magic RIPPED out from under me. I mean literally, RIPPED from us like it was nothing. One minute I'm ready for the next season, we just lost to Mike in the Finals, I think we're going to come back at em strong (we would have, we added another PG to help Magic so Scottie couldn't shut down our whole offense)

Then poof, gone.

Worst day in Laker history. :smh:

We rebuilt. We got some players, got some new blood, and then summer 96. :pimp:

We moved Shaq. We all saw it coming. We thought it might be "over" but we got some new blood, we rebuilt.

2006 playoffs was "exciting". We hated the Suns, they hated us. We hated Zo, Nash, etc. Kobe dunked on the MVP's face. Then we won game 4 in OT at the buzzer, everyone was alive. We never won again that year. That ain't "exciting" to me. Make no mistake, I don't sit on the couch sitting on my hands silent, just like Jerry West couldn't enjoy his success, he couldn't even WATCH the team play it gave him ulcers, made him sick, etc, he wanted to win that bad, that's me. I, like West, know we can't win 50 in a row. But that's my "enjoyment" the build. The Architect. Build it up, play your window, tear it down, build it back up, etc. I look forward to 2014 as much as I look forward to any other season. 2008 for example. Ariza was just the start. Bynum had proven he was a player. And then the Gasol deal.

Us going on some big run, say 35-12 or whatever to make the playoffs, then lose in the first round, you call that "exciting and enjoying"? Not me. Sorry. I'm not programmed like that. Seeing Magic literally ripped from the NBA world, and to be honest, Mike leaving a few years later to miss curveballs, that trained me at a young age, it goes away. It always goes away.

I've watched Kobe for 17+ years. Pretty sure most think of me as a little bit of a Kobe fan. I've gotten what I can out of Kobe. He hasn't been ripped from us like Magic. I never got to see Magic finish his career the right way. Kobe has. And I am prepared for it.

Now, I am ready for the next chapter of the Laker legacy to begin. Be it Howard, or someone else we can't see coming yet. The day itself, will come. And I will be watching.

Man, I made most of the recent off-season threads.

I know how it was. I was the same. Check my posts out right when I started them.

Same thing. I posted enjoy this day guys, but preparation for next season starts tomorrow.
Then I started listing my ideas for improvements as well.

I wanted to keep winning. I still do.

But I also enjoy the game of basketball. I enjoy watching relatives play. I enjoy watching my friends play in their leagues. Ill enjoy watching my future kids play 15 years from now.

There won't always be winning for every game we watch, but it's more than that whether its watching your family or friends play, or whether your watching your college team play,
Or your fav NBA team. But there'll always be memories of experiences.
Memories of plays.
Memories of moments.

It's hard to believe you don't enjoy any of that. I feel like you're being super stubborn bro. :lol:

How can you really sit there and say you don't enjoy the dunks and highlights throughout all these years? All you've enjoyed is the last 5 chips? Nothing else?

You didn't feel any emotion in Kobe's game winning buzzer shot in game 4 against the Suns?

You didn't jump out your seat when Kobe dunked over Dwight with his crotch in his face? (Pause)

Or Kobe's dunk over Yao?

Or Shaqs 61 points on his bday against the clippers?

Or Kobe's 81 night?

You didn't enjoy any of those moments man? Seriously? You only enjoy the moments of
Trophy raising?

C'mon man.
Just keep it real with us.

You were cheesin it like a kid in a candy shop when all those happened.

We all were.

We enjoy these things even when we don't have winning seasons. We're human.

Stop acting like a stubborn robot CP and admit you enjoy more than a golden medal sculpture of a basketball being raised in the air. :smh: :lol:

I do know this tho, Kobe's records are going to stand for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ******g time. :lol:

Gonna take one hell of a player to pull thru, play almost 2 decades to get the games, wins, playoff games, wins, points, assists, boards, steals, 3's, shots, attempts, free throws, attempts, 30 point games, 40 point games, 50 point games, minutes, etc etc. His marks are going to be atop the Lakers franchise for a very, very long time. An 18 year old could join the team tomorrow and we'd need to wait almost 20 years for him to start knockin off records. :lol:

Uhhhh... you shoot a lot, you score a lot. Shoot a lot for a long time, you get lots and lots of points.

Tell me EITHER of those statements is false. "But Jordan...", "Well LeBron...", "Chamberlain..."

Let's leave them... over there *points away*

You shoot a lot, you score a lot. True or false?

Shoot a lot for a long time, you get lots and lots of points. True or false?

Yes, it will be a looooong time before we see someone reach those SCORING numbers... because the era of volume shooting is closing, methinks. Jordan ushered in the flashy, chucking guard, and at one time, the league was filled w/ that ilk; Tmac, Iverson, Truth, Kobe, Wade, etc.

Now we've got... who? Kobe... and he ain't even going all out anymore when it comes to shooting. Durant? The argument could be made, and at times, even Russy. But who else?

Yes, it will be a long time before someone reaches the individual accolades Kobe has, because that mentality is dwindling... "And I looove it."

I know it's not a popular opinion, especially among these parts, but there it is. Again. :lol:

LAKER totals, Ska. LAKER totals. Not NBA.

1 team, this team, gonna take a LONG time for someone in a LAKER uni to amass 31,000+ 7,000+, 6,000+ points boards assists along with all the other numbers I mentioned that he's in the top 3-4 ALL TIME on the Lakers.

Man, you known me long enough, you should know all this by now. Hell, I have spoken multiple times about how much 06 kills me, or 08, 04, 91, etc. I remember THOSE years, moreso than the ones we actually win.

I'm spoiled. Sue me. :lol:

Cool story, bro.

Well In that case since you don't care about charisma, dunks, shots, and exciting plays then why don't you just stop watching?

If all you care about is the "w" then check box scores.

We don't just tune in for the W. No one watches basketball ONLY for the results. We want plays. We want exciting plays. We want moments. It's why we tune in. It's why some pay hard earned dollars for expensive seats to watch their team play. You don't work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week just to give up your entire paycheck for a Lakers W. you pay your money to get an experience.

If it was all about the SCORE and the records. Then why would millions watch the whole entire game?

Why don't we all just tune in for the last 2 minutes to see if we're going to win or not?

Just sayin man. Of course we wanna see the team win, its not the same without winning. but its not all that fans watch for. its sports, its excitement, its highlight plays. we want the Whole combination. You say you don't enjoy the plays, you just enjoy seeing trophies hoisted.

Then why are you watching? The trophy is hoisted in June. Just wait until June to turn on your tv, you'll see if we got it or not then. :rolleyes

I agree, I mean winning trumps all but there are certain ways to win that you enjoy more, hence why we have favorite championship teams. I personally loved the 2009-2010 Championship against Boston. I loved the team, I loved who they beat to win it all, I loved how Artest basically sealed the game with his shot, i'll always remember that championship.

Conversely the championship year they beat the Nets is somewhat forgetful to me. I mean at the time i'm sure it was the best ever, but it just doesn't stick out.

This season has been extremely trying, from the huge expectations of Nash and Howard, to the constant injuries, to struggling to beat cellar dwelling teams, and now fighting to get to .500. However, imagine if we somehow pull a miraculous feat and get that championship, talk about one of the greatest seasons ever.

Ska I wasn't even just discussing Kobe's accolades.

Obviously when you play for so long and shoot so much you can score as much as he has.

I was just discussing the memories man. The moments. The plays.

They'll be hard to replace.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not discussing him as the "goat" or anything. Just saying,
Whether you hate him or love him, whether he lost or won, there's not a lot of athletes who will give you 17+ seasons of excitement.

Don't see how that's an unfair statement to make.

Man, I made most of the recent off-season threads.

I know how it was. I was the same. Check my posts out right when I started them.

Same thing. I posted enjoy this day guys, but preparation for next season starts tomorrow.
Then I started listing my ideas for improvements as well.

I wanted to keep winning. I still do.

But I also enjoy the game of basketball. I enjoy watching relatives play. I enjoy watching my friends play in their leagues. Ill enjoy watching my future kids play 15 years from now.

There won't always be winning for every game we watch, but it's more than that whether its watching your family or friends play, or whether your watching your college team play,
Or your fav NBA team. But there'll always be memories of experiences.
Memories of plays.
Memories of moments.

It's hard to believe you don't enjoy any of that. I feel like you're being super stubborn bro.
laugh.gif

How can you really sit there and say you don't enjoy the dunks and highlights throughout all these years? All you've enjoyed is the last 5 chips? Nothing else?

You didn't feel any emotion in Kobe's game winning buzzer shot in game 4 against the Suns?

You didn't jump out your seat when Kobe dunked over Dwight with his crotch in his face? (Pause)

Or Kobe's dunk over Yao?

Or Shaqs 61 points on his bday against the clippers?

Or Kobe's 81 night?

You didn't enjoy any of those moments man? Seriously? You only enjoy the moments of
Trophy raising?

C'mon man.
Just keep it real with us.

You were cheesin it like a kid in a candy shop when all those happened.

We all were.

We enjoy these things even when we don't have winning seasons. We're human.

Stop acting like a stubborn robot CP and admit you enjoy more than a golden medal sculpture of a basketball being raised in the air.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
CP, if I may.

L2B, you're trapped in 'all or nothing' thinking. You're thinking CP was sitting there on Kobe's 81 like "Oh, we won the championship today? Calm down then."

No. Of course he has those games of enjoyment, but OVERALL, he's not happy w/ any year that fails to produce a championship. Say Kobe gets 124 against the Thunder and we win. CP will love every minute of that game; trust. And we don't make the playoffs. SOME fans might look back on this year like "I know we didn't make the playoffs, but that game against the Thunder...
nthat.gif
I don't know, it was a decent year."

CP... would NEVER... say anything like that.

- CP: "Oh, the year we failed to even make the playoffs? Eff that year."

- other Laker fan: "But did you watch when Kobe went all Kobe Johnson? Remember the 124 points agai..."

- CP: "FFFFUUUUUUU... THHHAAAATTT YEEEEAR."

He would say.

He's talking about his overall standards, you're asking him about isolated games, whether or not he enjoys them. Yes, but he don't lose sight of his overall goal/standard of excellence.

Last edited:
CP you spoiled robot :smh:
You don't think any of those years killed us either?

That 2008 finals loss to Boston had me depressed an ENTIRE damn summer. **** hurt bad man.

It DIdnt mean I had to lose all interest in enjoying basketball tho :lol:

When the next season started, I moved on with my life and enjoyed basketball once again.

How you gonna let losing ruin you're enjoyment of such a beautiful game though? :lol:

Like you really sit there for 82 games with a :stoneface: until the playoffs come around? :lol:

Ska got it.

Any season that ends without a parade is failure.

I know the moments you speak of, don't matter. Ska gets my overall view of Laker life. :lol:

i like to reminisce about past seasons and talk about the highlights of the game the next day..any game, not just the lakers :\

when we lose i dont want to read about it or hear about it :lol:

It's weird, though, because I'm also an Angels fan, the complete opposite of the Lakers.

As an Angel fan, I understand being happy just w/ the playoffs. 2002 will always be special to me, because every round... hell, every WIN... was so damn exciting for me. I had only even seen the Angels in the playoffs a SMAAAL handful of times in my day, and never old enough to actually live in the moment. But there we were... in the playoffs. Wild Card, but eff it. I was so happy!!
smile.gif

Then we lose the first game. To the Yankees.
frown.gif
But I was happy we even MADE it! Then we tie it up, 1-1. YAY!!! But let's not kid ourselves, Angels fans. Then we eliminate them!!! F*** YEAH!!!
smile.gif

Twins, though.
embarassed.gif
Lose the first game. "Well, hell, we made it... and beat the Yankees." Still happy.
smile.gif
Then we tie it up, 1-1... and eliminate THEM, too!! Wait, what?!
eek.gif
Are we in the... NOFA... KING... WAAAAYYY!!!!

But... Bonds.
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
I was so happy w/ every Glaus HR, every Erstad catch... and when the Giants had the 8th inning lead in Gm. 6, down 3-2 in the series... I was still happy. "Oh wellz. Least we made it to the WORLD SERIES!!! CRAZY!!!" Then... we win THAT game... and game 7.

That entire experience... is my expectation for my ANGELS. I will never, EVER have that experience for my Lakers. EVER. I would never think ANYTHING like "Well, at least we made the playoffs. We're food, though... but we made it.
smile.gif
" when it comes to the purple and gold.

HAYL nah.
laugh.gif

I completely understand where CP's coming from on this. Not saying I'm completely with his mindset, but a little bit, yeah.

Last edited:
I think I'm with L2B on this. I love winning as much as anyone, but you can't let it overtake your overall enjoyment and enthusiasm for the game of basketball. Obviously every year we don't win is a failure and I feel like **** afterwards. Those Phoenix series, the Boston loss in 08, and especially the sweep to Dallas to send out Phil all had me sick to my stomach for months. But at the end of the day, if what you say that you sit around during the season with a stoneface for 82 games is true, I feel like you are taking it too seriously. Part of the reason those championships seasons feel so amazing is all the ups and downs you have to endure during the season to get there. Having those seasons where you don't get it done make the seasons you do win that much sweeter (see LeBron). Winning the THE most important thing, especially for Lakers fans, but you have to keep things in perspective at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom