Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More Raja = less Meeks, and I don't think I'm good with that. Meeks is one of the few young guys we have on the roster, he can shoot obviously and his defense isn't atrocious as it was. Bell is slower, less likely to even attempt a layup and can't shoot the same.

If Meeks went down hurt, then fine, but other than that, I want Meeks out there more and more. In fact I wish they would play him in crunch time with Nash and Kobe, the best shooting lineup we can get around Dwight.

Don't no one pay attention to nothin. Just storing something in here for later is all.

Nothin to see here, go on about your business......

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Duncan did do it all alone.

at duncan having to play with a past his prime David. Then carry 28 and 56 picks to the promise land.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Wait are you talking about a over the hill David Robinson? You know guy waited till a young duncan to lead the team to finally win a ring.

and Manu and Parker are not HOFers. will not NBA HOFers.

Manu was a 56 pick in 99 he was a nobody till Duncan made him better. Parker a 28 pick again Duncan made him better. Parker only won his finals MVP cause of boobie.

Ammo. :pimp:

Nice find Dennis.

More Raja = less Meeks, and I don't think I'm good with that. Meeks is one of the few young guys we have on the roster, he can shoot obviously and his defense isn't atrocious as it was. Bell is slower, less likely to even attempt a layup and can't shoot the same.

If Meeks went down hurt, then fine, but other than that, I want Meeks out there more and more. In fact I wish they would play him in crunch time with Nash and Kobe, the best shooting lineup we can get around Dwight.

I disagree. Less Meeks is better. But I could be completely wrong given Bell is an old dude who hasn't played in a full year.

I disagree. Less Meeks is better. But I could be completely wrong given Bell is an old dude who hasn't played in a full year.

What don't you like about Meeks?

The NBA has rescinded one of Kobe's technical fouls.

Bryant was given his 14th technical last night as he walked off the court at the end of the first half, putting him 2 away from an NBA-imposed 1-game suspension.

Kobe: “Joe (Crawford) didn’t know what was going on. Me and a ref were having just a simple conversation and he kind of jumped the gun.”

The NBA agreed, the foul has been cancelled.

My gripe with Meeks: he's a one-dimensional player with one job to do (shoot), but he tries too often to do other things (attack the rim) - and when he does shoot, he's not as great at it as he should be.

He's a decent-to-good shooter when you look at the numbers, but when you're a one-dimensional player that brings a lot of deficiencies to the lineup, you need to be great.

Granted he has been better. More reliable with his shot, less stupid decisions. But I still don't feel like he's a "permieter threat" when he's on the court. He's a good shooter, but not enough to scare teams.

Raja Bell may not be the answer, but my thinking is that he will shoot at around the same clip, but won't do what he's not supposed to and can play defense too.

Last edited:
Is it fair to say Meeks plays better defense than Raja Bell at this point of their careers?

Hard to say since Bell hasn't been allowed to touch the court in a year :lol: it could be possible, but I would take the chance that Bell is still better. If he sucks then just throw him back and tell Meeks sorry... Meeks has dealt with inconsistent minutes all year long, he can take one more stint.

the lakers are DONE

no way they can compete with anyone in the league

too slow, too old, no team chemistry

OKC All Day:smokin

now *****

Why doesn't ska ban him?

Isn't just Ska. Technically he's getting by because its a "general" NBA thread. He knows it too, its why he keeps doing it. Just don't get caught up with cussing at him or callin him names. Put him on ignore.

Technically, even if 95 out of 100 of your posts are about the Lakers, even tho you are not a Laker fan, it isn't trolling. Or so I was told by another Mod on the board.

I don't really see how that's possible, but whatever. Bottom line, until he crosses an actual line, he'll be allowed to live. If any of us are lucky enough to actually run into in person someday.........well, then.

:lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I take Meeks over Bell anyday.. With that said, if he were going to play Bell at the 3 for a bit, I'd be for it.. But that won't happen

So no Bell for me.

Last edited:
So I'm workin thru a bunch of the SAP stats on NBA.com. Old Magic Johnson game logs that I never thought would see the light of day.

I've gone thru the last 4 years of his career. Tryin to load every damn game into a spreadsheet I can play with and adjust, etc.

And so far it reads this way.

1990-91, 13 Triple Doubles, 58 Double Doubles
1989-90, 11 Triple Doubles, 55 Double Doubles
1988-89, 17 Triple Doubles, 64 Double Doubles
1987-88, 13 Triple Doubles, 48 Double Doubles

Jesus Christ. :wow: :wow:

That is freaking INSANE.

And it gets even worse.

I believe all time he had 138 Triple Doubles in the regular season. He played a total of 906 games. In just these 4 years I have gone over, do you know how many 25-15-9's I've seen? Or 20-9-14's? 22-9-9's?

He could safely be a rebound here, an assist there from maybe 200-225 Triple Doubles in 906 games, approaching a 1 in every 4 type ratio.

**** me running that is just stupid.

STOOOOOOOOOOOPID.

Now, pace back then was much faster, numbers like that were easier to come by and such, but still. That's bananas.

I'm afraid what I will find when I start crackin thru the playoff totals. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom