Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because Lakers are fighting for a playoff spot, they need to win as many games as possible. Lakers are 2 games under .500 they need to win these types of games and every type of game, this is the stretch run, whatever type of game there is Lakers need to win it.

I actually liked Howard's effort tonight. We just never made the crucial plays when we would cut the lead to 8 or 7 and I attribute that to old legs. Even Metta had a good overall game tonight and we still lost by double digits. I expected a blowout, so I'm not really mad at this loss.

Even I will say this loss is not on Dwight. Nuggets are just young, athletic, and they have good chemistry.

However no man in the NBA should go 3-14 from the FT. Orlando tried for years to help Dwight with his FT shooting, Dwight's gotten all the trainers in the world to help him. It just gets worse and worse, every year. He needs to stop going to the trainers and just relax, it's always been in his head. He needs a therapist more than he needs a shooting coach.

Agreed..

At this point it's his head psyching him out.. He's pretty much dead meat in his mind when he goes to the FT line.

He's 4.5 - 9.0 average per game on FTs. He needs to get to 5.5 of 9.0 and that's just over 60%. There are ways to do it, and it can be done... How they get it done? Who knows

Last edited:
Because Lakers are fighting for a playoff spot, they need to win as many games as possible. Lakers are 2 games under .500 they need to win these types of games and every type of game, this is the stretch run, whatever type of game there is Lakers need to win it.

Go back to CP's discussion on scheduled losses.

When you play back-to-back against a younger team who is dominant at home. It's a penciled in loss.. Sure a win would have been huge, BUT a loss shouldn't be read into too far.

We're 11-5 over the past month..

Last edited:
Looks at stat line.. Only player not in the negative.. 15 &14. Yes he missed a ton of FTs. But that sure as hell isn't why we lost.
Haha he's at 0, Kobe is at -1...

The whole teams flat footed effort is the reason the Lakers lost.

However going 3-14 in free throws, when many of those were in critical moments (things you can't see from the stat sheet), really hurt us in this game.

We sure need Pau to hurry up and get back. Whether he comes off the bench or starts again, we need him to help us with these dry spells we have on offense. If he comes off the bench our bench play gets that much better, if he starts we have Clark who can be great helping that second unit.
We missed 17 FTs. They missed 11. Those FTs are irrelevant when you play the Nuggets who are as bad as us at FTs. (No he should never shoot 3-14. But if he goes 13-14, we still lose by one)

We were down big to begin with, and that wasn't Dwight's fault... Dwight did what he needed to on defense. Just so happens that once he tried to stop someone who got burned. No one helped for him.

Wasn't a game we were supposed to win... And we didn't.... We shot 55.1% from the field. 108 points. And we lost. There's a reason.
It's one thing if those where team freethrows, but it was one dude. That means they would rather have him shoot freethrows than finish plays...that means broken plays, loss of momentum. If he's missing freethrows that's fitting perfectly into George Karls plans.

If he makes those freethrows he gets more touches and cleaner looks at the rim.

Missing/making freethrows is not a zero sum game.

^
Those mad at me this morning, please see dudes in here panicked, wanting to trade Dwight, Fire Mike, so furious about this loss, let Dwight walk, etc.

I tried to prepare everyone. People gotta relax. :lol:

Man I need to take a walk or something. I don't even know why i'm so mad about this game, it must be because I felt we were doing something good and we come out here and let this ******g team style on us like nothing.

You got Faried and McGee just eating Howard's lunch, and then he shoots 2-4958490589405 from the free throw line.

**** Denver!
Lol, its one lost fam. It'll be okay. Good game tho.

I know its just one game. 2nd of a back to back. On the road. In a building where the opponent just doesnt lose. Against a team thats much faster and much more athletic than us. Out matched. Out hustled. Out coached. I know all of that.

But damn...they embarrassed us man. I didn't like it. Didn't like it one bit.

I'm not panicking...I know this was supposed to be a loss even before it started, as CP said.

But theres no excuse for 76 Points in the Paint. 120+ points given up on defense.
No hustle. No heart.

Smh.

Anyways...I'll proceed to try and forget about this one like you requested CP, and focus on Minny.

But D'Antoni better come with his A game against them man...especially defensively. :smh:

Last edited:
this game exposed our biggest weakness that needs to be addressed in the hopefully distant offseason, age and speed and athletecism

glad i missed the game would have gotten real upset seeing all those fastbreak points

I only watched/listened to the first, but it was enough to tell me they weren't going to win.
Limit the live-ball turnovers, protect the paint and the game could be competitive.
15 turnovers, not sure how many of them were live-ball turnovers though.
76 paint points.

Yeeeeeeeeah. :rolleyes

Beat Minny & ATL at home, you're .500 with 22 left.

Only surefire losses I see are @OKC, @IND, & @LAC. There's also a road game against GSW that could be a loss.

Outside of that, they should be able to go well over .500 in the other 18 games.

Last edited:
Lakers shouldn't take too much into this loss. The Nuggets are a good team and the Lakers don't match up well against them. That first game when they faced Denver didn't show what Denver can do. They have the size and strength to beat up on the Lakers. Nuggets back court is super quick too. Lakers just don't match up well against them. Plain and simple. I've said it before months ago and I got attacked in this thread. The Nuggets are very athletic and the Lakers don't want to play that kind of game.

Minnesotta isn't a cake walk either. They have size and will play a competitive game. Won't be easy. Lakers need to cut them in the throat early.

That Atlanta game is more of a concern if I were a Laker fan.

Although, I think Lakers can pull out wins.

EDIT: I didn't see what happened to Kobe getting the T closely, but I don't think it's enough to keep the technical. Kobe will play the next game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom